Windows 10: Windows 10 boot stuck after update, unless BIOS settings reset on every start

Discus and support Windows 10 boot stuck after update, unless BIOS settings reset on every start in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently installed an update for Windows 10, after which, if I shutdown, and I turn on the computer later, the laptop will be stuck on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Najeed, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Najeed Win User

Windows 10 boot stuck after update, unless BIOS settings reset on every start

Hello,

I have recently installed an update for Windows 10, after which, if I shutdown, and I turn on the computer later, the laptop will be stuck on the BIOS screen which goes like "Press ESC to go to Boot Options". After a few restart attempts and repeated pressing on the ESC button each time, I would get lucky and have access the boot menu.

I am currently on Windows 10 1903. The updates installed recently were KB4524100 & KB4517389.

To be able to boot into Windows, I would Reset the BIOS settings, or simply to Save Settings and Exit; after which the Windows boots up and functions as normal. Even if I just "Save Changes and Exit", even without changing any BIOS settings, it starts up normally. Unfortunately though, I have to do this after every shutdown.

In order to recreate the problem, I have to shutdown the computer and leave it for a while.

• Restarting the PC goes on as normal
    • Shutting down the PC and powering on within a handful seconds is also normal.
    • I haven't attempted leaving it go into hibernation.

When I boot up into Windows, the Time Settings will be spot on, even when I recreate the problem with no internet access. My knowledge on this is quite limited, but it seems to rule out an obvious problem with BIOS settings or CMOS battery. I am suspecting something related to the way Windows 10 Shuts down. Am I wrong?

I have already attempted to disable fast startup, but the problem still persists. May I know if there are any other suggestions?

:)

Najeed, Oct 14, 2019

2. Windows stuck in automatic repair; Can't access BIOS/ boot menu

I've changed the boot order through both BIOS and the boot manager, as my original post stated. Neither did anything, but both were functional in the past. Neither listed the windows boot manager, either. Previously, it would boot just as expected whenever
    other media was set as the first option, so I'm pretty sure there are no issues there.

As my original post suggested, I've already tried out the steps you gave. I've gone through all the options listed in the boot menu, UEFI or not.

My BIOS and boot menu settings were at their defaults when all of this started, so that's been tried already, if those are what you're referring to.

KierraMcCullough, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 boot stuck after update, unless BIOS settings reset on every start

ive tried to restore factory reset but now stuck in bios

Could you describe how you tried to 'reset' it? Was there a restore point in use?

Being stuck in the Bios is never a good thing. Make sure your hard drive is working properly and your HD is set to 1st in the boot list.

AlpacaAT910, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 boot stuck after update, unless BIOS settings reset on every start

1. Windows 10 boot stuck after update, unless BIOS settings reset on every start - Similar Threads - boot stuck update

2. Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset: Hello,After a power outage which occurred while the computer was not turned on my GIGABYTE PC failed to boot multiple times, with rapid short beeping. After trying for several hours I managed to get past the POST with a single beep.I was able to use the PC without any issues...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on boot after factory reset: Hello,After a power outage which occurred while the computer was not turned on my GIGABYTE PC failed to boot multiple times, with rapid short beeping. After trying for several hours I managed to get past the POST with a single beep.I was able to use the PC without any issues...
  4. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  5. Settings / Login Reset Every Boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings / Login Reset Every Boot: Hi,I recently re-installed Windows 11 from scratch.Everytime I boot up the PC I am logged out of every app. P-Cloud and Battle-Net both log me out even when 'keep me logged in' is set to true.System sound settings also reset. I turned off systems sounds which re-activates...
  6. Windows 10 stuck in boot loop after reset and can't get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck in boot loop after reset and can't get into BIOS: I reseted my PC and since then it is stuck in a boot loop. I want to try starting Windows from USB or a DVD but to do that i need to get into my BIOS. Unfortunately my BIOS is password restricted and i can not remember the password itself. Is there any way to remove the...
  7. Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Gamma setting + Sound setting reset every windows boot: Laptop: G75VW Asus ROG gaming laptop. Hardware: Intel Core i7 -3610QM, 2.3GHz quad-core 12GB Ram NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX670M 3GB OS: Originally Win7 Home Premium Upgraded to Win10 Home 1/1/2020 *These problems started after I upgraded to windows 10. As the title...
  8. Windows 10 boot stuck, unless BIOS settings reset on every start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boot stuck, unless BIOS settings reset on every start: Hello, I have recently installed an update for Windows 10, after which, if I shutdown, and I turn on the computer later, the laptop will be stuck on the BIOS screen which goes like "Press ESC to go to Boot Options". After a few restart attempts and repeated pressing on the...
  9. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it as it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701
  10. BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS Update and reset BIOS settings: Yesterday I updated my BIOS and everything is working fine. Now do I need to reset the BIOS settings or I leave it at it is? I read somewhere that it's good to reset the bios settings after you do a BIOS update . What should I do, thanks. 137701