Windows 10: Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time

Discus and support Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, i have windows 10 installed in SSD to a machine with Intel core i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM, and already been runing for almost 2 years now.Usually the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GitaPrasetya, May 12, 2021.

1. Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time

Hi, i have windows 10 installed in SSD to a machine with Intel core i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM, and already been runing for almost 2 years now.Usually the start up "please wait" screen on boot after the MB BIOS and windows 10 logo, before User PIN input screen is barely seen.But since a month ago i noticed that the "please wait" screen take a bit long, around a minutes or so.Now i have tried q few fix but didn't really pay attention, until yesterday, i stuck at "please wait" screen even after 15 minutes. I tried to reboot, trat up repair, system restore, start in safe mode, removing on

:)

GitaPrasetya, May 12, 2021

2. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 12, 2021
  3. Galant Win User
    Very long boot-times with DVD-drive?

Hi guys,

got a lil problem here. My machine takes very long to boot. It sits @ that windows-knight-rider screen and the blue line is crossing about 10-12 times before anything happens. Yesterday i had to disconnect my DVD to connect my reserve hdd and see... it boots after
    3 or 4 times of that line passing. Is that coz i got a bad driver or bad firmware there....Don´t know if driver makes difference coz i think windows got 1 generic and it don´t affect my secondary DVD drive... any suggestions?

Galant, May 12, 2021
  4. Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time

Windows 10 slowdown and extremely long boot time

Yesterday a HP ProBook laptop was running fine, with 8GB RAM and Intel Core i7-6500U 2.5GHz CPU.

Today morning, the Windows 10 machine was extremely slow. Windows task bar was not responding. Using some OS features line network manager wasn’t possible. So decided to reboot the machine. After rebooting, the windows got stuck at the loading page.

1. I hard-reset the machine, and used diagnostic tools, but they didn’t show any problem.
    2. Pressing F8 at boot time, i.e. safe mode, led to automatic repair, which would eventually end up in a blank/black screen.
    3. Finally, I rebooted again and waited so long for Windows loading to finish. After some long minutes finally Windows showed login page.

The Windows is still slow, but it is unstable. Opening an application might take more than 2 minutes, maybe 3 or 4 minutes.

This is NOT the first time I run into such slowdowns. I wonder whether this behavior is occasionally expected? How can I prevent such slowdowns?

Laptop has HDD:

Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time Iwwz9.png

UPDATE

Two days later:

Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time WJGNA.jpg

Suddenly, I run into the blue screen. I wait long but it is stuck at 0% Complete. I restart manually. Restart takes maybe 15 to 20 minutes. Then I receive a login screen with no input field for password! I restart again, this time it's faster. I get a login screen WITH a password field. I login and opening any application takes 2 to 3 minutes.

As suggested by the accepted answer, probably I'm going to totally replace this OS =(

UPDATE

It is more than one month since I reinstalled Windows 10 and deleted all the old partitions which were MBR-based and created new GPT partitions. During this period, the new Windows 10 is responsive. I'm satisfied so far Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time :)

user3405291, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time

1. Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time - Similar Threads - boot stuck Please

2. Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait": I've had this good windows 10 pc since 2020. It geneally runs well, somewhat high end gaming pc, good stuff, bought it on amazon.This would be maybe the second or third time that this has happened. My pc will occasionally get stuck on the update screen. I'll force it to shut...
  3. Windows 10 stuck, please wait.....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck, please wait.....: Every time I try to start my asus laptop, after the usual asus logo and Windows logo a blue loading screen appears, please wait. Go on forever.So I tried to uninstall the latest updates, the old quality updates. But it said it couldn't find the latest quality update to...
  4. Stuck at please wait

Stuck at please wait: Ive looked into other options, Idk how to do it they require a domain which I do not have since I factory reset my pc, I got this when ever I booted it up in troubleshoot because I turned it on a few times in a row and was being dumb, Anyway I selected restart instead of...
  5. Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 stuck on Please Wait screen for a long period of time, help: For the past week or two, my PC has been suffering from something where it gets stuck on the Please Wait screen for probably 5-10 minutes. It will go to the login screen and it operates normally* (* I've noticed that I've possibly been having worse performance in games like...
  6. Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..

Windows 10 Stuck on Please wait..: I tried everything Microsoft can you help? Steps done: Resetting Booting into Safe Mode. CTRL + ALT + DELETE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-please-wait/c7e73fa1-674f-4b16-8fbf-6923d6f4c612
  7. Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 stuck on Please wait screen: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you start your Windows 10 computer, and it gets stuck on the “Please wait,” screen then here is how you can resolve the issue. After the computer starts, many system services start even before you log-in to the computer. [...] This post Windows 10 stuck...
  8. Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait': Hi, hadn't used my PC since May ish but began using again a couple of days ago, booted normally but maybe an hour ago i updated to the most recent version of Windows 10. Now i can't get past the 'please wait' screen, i've restarted multiple times and cannot even get to the...
  9. Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait'

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Update stuck on 'Please Wait': Hi, hadn't used my PC since May ish but began using again a couple of days ago, booted normally but maybe an hour ago i updated to the most recent version of Windows 10. Now i can't get past the 'please wait' screen, i've restarted multiple times and cannot even get to the...
  10. Windows stuck on please wait

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck on please wait: Hello folks! I need help. Coming to point, I was facing some error related to dll (aom 0x00007b error) launching Age of Mythology. I came to know it can be fixed by copying 5 dll files to system32 folder. These files are associated with visual C++ redist. mfc100.dll,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 stuck on please wait

2. windows stuck on please wait

3. computer stuck on please wait boot

4. Loading...Please wait. This wont take long.,
  5. please wait windows 10 slow,
  6. windows 10 please wait,
  7. windows stuck on waiting,
  8. computer stuck on please wait,
  9. windows get frozen please wait,
  10. windows 10 stuck on pls wait,
  11. pc stuck on please wait,