Windows 10: Windows 10 Boot times issue

Discus and support Windows 10 Boot times issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, so i am puzzled by the way my windows 10 boots. First off, if I do a complete system shutdown and turn the PC back on, it boots in about 20... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Danny77, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Danny77 Win User

Windows 10 Boot times issue

Hello, so i am puzzled by the way my windows 10 boots. First off, if I do a complete system shutdown and turn the PC back on, it boots in about 20 seconds. If I do a restart while the PC is already in windows it takes 6-7 minutes.

Most recently we had two power surges at our house where the PC shutoff not properly and once turned back on, it took 6-7 minutes. From then on, its taken about 6-7 minutes to reboot after I do a restart while in windows.

My windows is installed on an SSD, no way it should take that long to restart.

Any ideas??

:)

Danny77, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Boot times issue - Similar Threads - Boot times issue

2. The issue of Windows 10 not booting.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The issue of Windows 10 not booting.: 1. I had been using Windows10 on my PC for over two years without any issues. 2. Suddenly, while using the computer, the screen froze, and despite the mouse cursor moving, no other actions could be executed. I pressed the reset button on the PC case. 3. During the reboot,...
  3. Windows 10 Boot times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot times: Hello : My first time posting here so i dont know quite well the procedings. So my PC that is about 4 years old runs quite well, but the problem is when i boot it, i spend like 4 minutes on a black screen before the lock screen but when i log into my account is much...
  4. Long windows boot time issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long windows boot time issue: Has anyone else been having longer boot times since updating to the most recent version of windows 10. I updated on Dec 10th and it takes anywhere between 10-20 minutes now when it used to take 30 seconds to 2 minutes. submitted by /u/Tri3nforcer [link] [comments]...
  5. Windows 10 boot issues

Windows 10 boot issues: Hi, any help would be appreciated. Update Windows and restart my computer for full functionality. Then I enter the boot loop. To try to repair this boot loop, I performed the "bcdedit / set recoveryenabled no" command. I keep trying to restore my computer, but the same...
  6. Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.

Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.: On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot racer shows that Windows boot time has shot through the roof, with it taking a phenominal amount of time. I checked the logs...
  7. Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot time issue on Windows 10 1803.: On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot racer shows that Windows boot time has shot through the roof, with it taking a phenominal amount of time. I checked the logs...
  8. Boot time issue

Boot time issue: On 5-14-18 I noticed that my boot times went from 28.734 seconds to 73.343 seconds. This started after the 1803 update was installed on 5-4-18. Boot racer shows that Windows boot time has shot through the roof, with it taking a phenominal amount of time. I checked the logs...
  9. Windows 10 Boot time

Windows 10 Boot time: [ATTACH] having an issue where recorded boot time is in the thousands of seconds but its botting normally. Is this a glitch or something that is with motherboard ? Gigabyte ud4 x99 rev. 1.1 Above is a screen shot. the boot is usually around 19 seconds but has been...
  10. Windows 10 boot time

Windows 10 boot time: Hello, I have a question. So is 40 seconds boot time on hdd normal? I have enabled 4 threads in msconfig and set no gui boot and time limit is 0 seconds. Also it stays long on mobo splash screen. If it's not right please help. Thanks, 113382