Windows 10: WIndows 10 Boot up stuck with CMD screen only

Discus and support WIndows 10 Boot up stuck with CMD screen only in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am really grilled with this problem of this Windows 10. I need help, I explorer various blogs to help myself. Then too, I am here with that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Khan Maaz, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Khan Maaz Win User

WIndows 10 Boot up stuck with CMD screen only

I am really grilled with this problem of this Windows 10.

I need help, I explorer various blogs to help myself.

Then too, I am here with that problem. I already had this problem previously for which I format my PC.

I don't want to do that again. Just help.

:)

Khan Maaz, Sep 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there forever. Restarted it multiple times, same result. Sometimes the cursor shows up but its useless as its just the cursor. *Confused

Tried the following things.

• Tried CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for task manager but nothing came up.
    • Tried CTRL + ALT t+ DEL still nothing.
    • Went through recovery options then selected safe mode but, to my surprise, the same result.
    • Then used the chkdsk command through cmd in recovery options, didn't find any problem.
    • Ran the sfc /scannow command from boot, didn't found any integrity violations. *Shock

Any suggestions? I still have to try system restore though. *Think

NeptuneSpear, Sep 15, 2018
  3. windows update stuck at installation screen and cannot get to desktop

Hi Sue,

To understand the issue better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Is the computer stuck in the Installing updates screen?
    • For how long is the computer stuck in the screen?
    • When was the computer last updated?
    • Is the screen showing any percentage of installation?

Sometimes the installation might take a long time to install if the update is of large size. So, I suggest you to wait for sometime and check if the system boots to the desktop. If it is taking a longer time, then perform a Power Drain by following the steps
    provided below:

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2018
  4. JanJan Win User

Computer stuck at MB screen boot

My computer is refusing to boot. Most of the time it would stuck at the MB screen where you would press a button to enter bios. Other time it would get pass that point and go to the windows logo loading then restart itself.

Note: i can enter bios most of the time. my keyboard would register command at MB screen but wouldnt register when i try to choose between dual boot win 7 or ubuntu. sometimes it would be able to go into the windows recovery (cant recover) and restart the loop

I'm thinking it's a power supply or RAM problem...?

additional info: before this happen my computer wont boot at all. i have to remove the speaker and 1 fan for it to boot. if i leave those on, there would be a 1 second long beep and screen stay dark. thank you for any help

JanJan, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. WIndows 10 Boot up stuck with CMD screen only - Similar Threads - Boot stuck CMD

2. Pc is stuck in boot up screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc is stuck in boot up screen: When I went to restart my desktop computer last night it went into auto repair mode which caught me off guard because I’ve had this pc for 2 years and had no issues but now all the sudden it goes into auto repair mode and won’t let me into my computer when I try and figure...
  3. Pc is stuck in boot up screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc is stuck in boot up screen: When I went to restart my desktop computer last night it went into auto repair mode which caught me off guard because I’ve had this pc for 2 years and had no issues but now all the sudden it goes into auto repair mode and won’t let me into my computer when I try and figure...
  4. Pc is stuck in boot up screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cmd pop up on boot.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd pop up on boot.: Today upon booting my pc, I noticed a cmd window pop up and close with a split second. Any cause for concern? I checked the services and couldn’t see anything out of the ordinary (to my eyes at least). Thanks for any help! submitted by /u/Pmonkeyfn [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not starting up stuck at boot menu screen: Hi everyone, my Samsung pc is stuck at boot menu screen as shown in the pic. I have come across this problem before, but I was able to use the tab button to select app menu and rectify the problem. However, this time my tab button isn't responding anymore, enter button on any...
  7. windows stuck at first boot up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows stuck at first boot up screen: Hi I have an HP desktop that is running Windows 10. I recently have run into an issue where when I start up my computer, it only loads to a picture of a water dam and at which point the startup goes no further and I have no keyboard or mouse activity that would allow me to...
  8. Toshiba stuck on boot up screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toshiba stuck on boot up screen: can someone plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-stuck-on-boot-up-screen/f2cf2e25-5a19-4dc8-9380-1bd91180b47b
  9. Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck with a black screen and a CMD window: Hi guys, long story short. Noticed that my CPU always was at 100% and that soundmixer.exe was the cause to it. After some googling i decided to remove it from regedit and restarted the computer. Now when i start the computer i'm stuck with a black screen and a CMD window,...
  10. Stuck in Boot up screen loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Boot up screen loop: My Acer laptop has not been able to function properly because I downloaded the windows 10 update a few years ago. Need help on how to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/stuck-in-boot-up-screen-loop/6e03a28e-78ea-4cd4-83ba-066b1576932d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pxe boot stuck at cmd

2. stuck cmd screen

3. when i boot up my windows 10 stuck in cmd

4. windows 10 bootup get stuck at cmd