Windows 10: Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen

Discus and support Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, I'm currently trying to reset my PC, which did not work via Windows 10, so I decided to do this via a fresh USB ISO install. Once Booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DominikGnepf, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen

Hi All,

I'm currently trying to reset my PC, which did not work via Windows 10, so I decided to do this via a fresh USB ISO install.

Once Booted into the Windows Setup, I'm not able to go further. Can't see the mouse cursor, can't go anywhere with the arrow keys or any other keys. Kinda feels like, the Boot does not recognize any Keyboard interactions.

Hope anybody has an idea to fix this : Already re-installed the USB couple of time with the Microsoft USB Creator..

Laptop:

Microsoft Surface Laptop 3

Kind Regards Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen d40b105b-85e4-40a8-b070-966a57d2458d?upload=true.png

:)

DominikGnepf, Nov 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Nov 23, 2020
  4. aronchick Win User

Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen

Stuck in Windows 10 Upgrade

My computer seems to be stuck in a Windows 10 failed upgrade loop. I was running fine on a beta version of Windows 10, and then I came downstairs one morning to see it repeatedly booting, attempting to repair, then rebooting. The steps I've taken to diagnose are:

• Attempting to boot off a USB drive (with all drives disabled in BIOS) - this fails at the point of the blue windows screen
    • Attempting to boot the machine itself and getting into "repair/safe mode" using F7
    • Looking at the BIOS for obvious failures (e.g. RAM that should be there is missing) - nothing obvious is wrong.

I am fairly certain the build version was 9926. For many months, the system would attempt to upgrade, and then say "it failed" for some reason and roll back.

Suggestions for next steps?

aronchick, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen

1. Windows 10 - Boot via USB - Stuck on first screen - Similar Threads - Boot via USB

2. Stuck on loading wheel in first boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on loading wheel in first boot: Specs: Mobo - ASUS STRIX B450-F on latest stable BIOS GPU - GTX 1070 Ti CPU - Ryzen 2600 PSU - Corsair RM750X SSD - 240GB Crucial (OS SSD) Trying to install Windows for the first time on this new SSD, it gets to the Getting Ready stage, flashes a few times then reboots,...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on boot screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck on boot screen: Whenever I go on boot screen, my computer freezes on the loading dots. Whenever it says preparing automatic repair the computer freezes. I even tried reinstalling windows through installation media but it does not show anything. It does not go into recovery mode either. I...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on boot screen

Windows 10 stuck on boot screen: Hi everyone, my Samsung pc is stuck at boot menu screen as shown in the pic. I have come across this problem before, but I was able to use the tab button to select app menu and rectify the problem. However, this time my tab button isn't responding anymore, enter button on any...
  5. Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck after first boot. After first boot, it shows blue screen and...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shabshabrin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1526g/windows_10_installation_stuck_after_first_boot/
  6. windows stuck at first boot up screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows stuck at first boot up screen: Hi I have an HP desktop that is running Windows 10. I recently have run into an issue where when I start up my computer, it only loads to a picture of a water dam and at which point the startup goes no further and I have no keyboard or mouse activity that would allow me to...
  7. Windows 10 not recognise USB drive except for first boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognise USB drive except for first boot: USB 64Gb stick works fine. The first time the 1Tb drive was plugged in it worked. However, since being unplugged I have to restart the computer before the drive would be recognized again. I have been through hard drives and USB devices and uninstalled each device and...
  8. Windows 10 Stuck on Boot screen

Windows 10 Stuck on Boot screen: Hi there, I'm Brad. I hope you're doing well! Yesterday I was using my desktop PC as normal. When I had finished my work, I shut down my computer, choosing "Update and shut down" from the menu as my computer had an update to do. I left the room an returned 15 minutes...
  9. Windows 10 Stuck on Boot screen

Windows 10 Stuck on Boot screen: Windows 10 Stuck on Boot screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-stuck-on-boot-screen/a91a97c7-3eff-4285-9522-4d9d4793a217
  10. No Usb devices detected on first boot

No Usb devices detected on first boot: When I first power up my system. Windows boot up fine (actually better than fine, it boots too quickly, just within some seconds) but do not detect any usb devices connected to the system including keyboard, mouse and bluetooth. Even lights of keyboard and mouse remains off....