Windows 10: Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions?

Discus and support Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this but I was unsure where best to post this. I've created a Windows 10 bootable USB using Rufus in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by D3SOL4TE, Feb 17, 2019.

1. D3SOL4TE Win User

Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions?

Apologies if this is the incorrect forum for this but I was unsure where best to post this.

I've created a Windows 10 bootable USB using Rufus in order to do a clean install of Windows but when accessing the Windows boot menu I have multiple options to choose from and was unsure which one to select.

KingstonDataTraveler 3.0
    UEFI: KingstonDataTraveler 3.0, Partition 1
    UEFI: KingstonDataTraveler 3.0, Partition 2

Unless I'm mistaken I know the "KingstonDataTraveler 3.0" option is for legacy support i.e. systems using BIOS appose to UEFI but which UEFI partition do I choose?

:)

D3SOL4TE, Feb 17, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Install Windows 10 using UEFI bootable USB thumb drive

You need to go into you system bios and select allow uefi usb drive. Then add the UEFI usb drive to the boot menu

better way to partition aand create an bootable usb.

For the UEFI system, we can use these steps to create the bootable USB:

1.Locate a 4GB or larger USB flash drive

2.Open Diskpart and run the following command cmd admin type diskpart

• Type DiskPart in the command prompt.
    • Type "List Disk” (make note of the disk number of the target USB drive).
    • Type "Select Disk X”, where X is the target USB drive noted in step 4.
    • Type "Clean”.
    • Type "Create Partition Primary”.
    • Type "format FS=fat32 quick”.
    • Type "Active”.
    • Type "Assign".
    • Type "Exit".

Copy your ISO files to the drive and reboot

never use UEFI it better to repartition and remove UEFI go with legacy bois

bfvetscolakid, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions?

Tablet UEFI firmware not detecting Windows 10 Ed. bootable USB

I meant on the GParted USB.

Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions? [​IMG]

There's 2 steps to boot the OS:
    1. UEFI->bootloader (bootia32.efi/bootx64.efi)
    2. bootloader->kernel

For some Atom-based systems, the UEFI only supported 32-bit bootloaders (step 1).

For Linux, the 32-bit GRUB bootloader can still load a 64-bit kernel (step 2).

Windows does not support this. A 64-bit installation ISO only has the 64-bit bootloader. As Kari said, at this point you might as well just try the 32-bit Windows ISO.

PolarNettles, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions?

1. Windows 10 bootable USB has 2 UEFI patitions? - Similar Threads - bootable USB has

2. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MBR bootable usb in UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,A moment ago I changed from Legacy mode to UEFI mode so I've Windows 10 bootable MBR USB, will it work on UEFI or need to convert USB to GPT?...
  3. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MBR bootable usb in UEFI!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,A moment ago I changed from Legacy mode to UEFI mode so I've Windows 10 bootable MBR USB, will it work on UEFI or need to convert USB to GPT?...
  4. MBR bootable usb in UEFI!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. UEFI No Bootable Device?!

UEFI No Bootable Device?!: Dear Admins.I met all requirements to move on to Windows 11 but I need Secure Boot to continue but every time I move to UEFI , it keeps saying No Bootable Device and I am stuck running in Legacy. Please help me....
  6. Bootable Windows install USB devices UEFI

Bootable Windows install USB devices UEFI: Hi there there's definitely a problem on some older computers with UEFI boot if the iso file is > than 4.5 GB. Up to that the file system is FAT32 and computers will boot OK. If greater than that then NTFS appears to be forced and some computers won't boot . I think the...
  7. Cannot reinstall Windows 10 from bootable USB on an UEFI laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall Windows 10 from bootable USB on an UEFI laptop: I recently changed my hard-disk and need to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and using Rufus, made a bootable USB from it. But unfortunately, the system is not booting from it. I am using a 16gb pendrive. In Rufus, I...
  8. Add USB UEFI HDD as second bootable drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Add USB UEFI HDD as second bootable drive?: Not sure if this is the correct forum, but here goes. My MOBO died in the small computer I use to control my Ham Radio Gear. I went out and got a cheap replacement (HP Pavilion 570-p017c) which came with Win10 Home and a 1 TB HDD formatted in GPT (only 2 SATA ports..other is...
  9. Windows 10 bootable USB

Windows 10 bootable USB: Hi, I've just upgraded. I was previously on 8.1 and frequently used System Restore and Backup to generate a recovery image of my windows installation. In the event that I ever needed to restore an image, I used a bootable recovery USB - if memory serves me correctly, I...
  10. Tablet UEFI firmware not detecting Windows 10 Ed. bootable USB

Tablet UEFI firmware not detecting Windows 10 Ed. bootable USB: I'm trying to install Windows 10 Education on a 10-inch tablet running Insydeh20 rev 5.0 firmware. Unfortunately, I don't have a make or model for this tablet. I think it was given to my brother-in-law in school in Mexico, but beyond that I'm not sure. Since I don't know the...