Windows 10: Windows 10 Bootcamp - Mouse and Keyboard not Working

Discus and support Windows 10 Bootcamp - Mouse and Keyboard not Working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am on a 2017 Macbook Pro Touchbar, and I partitioned Windows 10 Pro on an external SSD, setup went fine, but when I got to the windows setup, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CallumLo, Jan 4, 2019.

1. CallumLo Win User

Windows 10 Bootcamp - Mouse and Keyboard not Working

I am on a 2017 Macbook Pro Touchbar, and I partitioned Windows 10 Pro on an external SSD, setup went fine, but when I got to the windows setup, it wouldn't let me move my mouse and the cursor didn't appear, the keyboard was also not responding. Therefore, I wasn't able to complete setup for windows. Anyone able to help?

:)

CallumLo, Jan 4, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jan 4, 2019
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Bootcamp - Mouse and Keyboard not Working - Similar Threads - Bootcamp Mouse Keyboard

2. Bootcamped windows 10 mouse delay issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamped windows 10 mouse delay issue: Hello, on my MacBook Pro late 2013, 13-inch, Retina, I recently installed Windows 10 in order to play games. I tried playing games such as Geometry Dash, but I spotted a 100-200 ms delay between the click and the input. The same goes for Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. I proceed...
  3. Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10: Hi all, as the title says my keyboard and mouse are not working when windows 10 load. Also there is another strange think. Since I am not lazy (or so i believe), i have tried a couple of thing i read around in the net and i come across in a case where i was in cmd mode...
  4. Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard and mouse not working in windows 10: Hi all, as the title says my keyboard and mouse are not working when windows 10 load. Also there is another strange think. Since I am not lazy (or so i believe), i have tried a couple of thing i read around in the net and i come across in a case where i was in cmd mode...
  5. Windows Bootcamp Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard Disconnection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Bootcamp Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard Disconnection: This is Windows Bootcamp running on an iMac Pro Computer, but as it is stuck on the Windows mode I sought help here. It was running fine when my keyboard and mouse, which run on Bluetooth, suddenly disconnected. I have a mouse that I use for a second Windows PC Laptop that I...
  6. Apple Magic Mouse not working with Windows 10 Bootcamp

Apple Magic Mouse not working with Windows 10 Bootcamp: The Apple Magic mouse is paired via Bluetooth and shows the device connected, but does not work with Windows 10. Windows 10 is installed on my Macbook using Bootcamp. From Windows, the mouse cursor does not appear when the mouse is moved or click on. The mouse works...
  7. keyboard and mouse not working windows 10

keyboard and mouse not working windows 10: During installing in windows 10 my mouse work correctly but after restarting the system why keyboard and mouse not working. From Snapagift https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-windows-10/6164e849-0337-402f-a807-0c48f54a1759
  8. Can't use Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard with Mac in Bootcamp. Windows 10.

Can't use Apple Magic Mouse and Keyboard with Mac in Bootcamp. Windows 10.: Hey All Having major issues getting Bluetooth to behave properly on Windows 10 Bootcamp on my MBP. I have an Apple Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard that function fine in Mac OS. When I boot into Bootcamp, they show up as paired or connected but I have no control....
  9. Bluetooth Mouse not working on Windows 10 (bootcamp)

Bluetooth Mouse not working on Windows 10 (bootcamp): Hi, I have a Macbook Pro 2017 running Win10 (BootCamp). I bought a bluetooth mouse (Logitech M337). The mouse works fine when used in Mac OS. But when I use it on Windows 10 OS (BootCamp) it does not work. I assume there should be a problem on the software (driver)...
  10. Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working

Windows 10 Mouse and Keyboard not working: After I installed Windows 10 from windows 7 I couldn't use my mouse and keyboard it works when I boot up BIOS Utility but when im on windows 10 it does not work. I tried switching usb ports and that didn't work either. 9997

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse not responding bootcamp

2. boot camp keyboard not working

3. bootcamp keyboard not working

4. keyboard unresponsive windows 10 bootcamp,
  5. bootcamp 4.0.4033 not working on windows 10,
  6. bootcamp mouse,
  7. bluetooth keyboard not working bootcamp 2019,
  8. boot camp mouse,
  9. bootcamp keyboard not working windows 10,
  10. bootcamp keyboard issues,
  11. external keyboard macbook pro bootcamp windows,