Windows 10: Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do?

Discus and support Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Today my PC booted up to a temp profile. How do I get back to my normal one? Although a lot of my files are safe on external drives, a huge batch was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiverSlaney, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do?

Today my PC booted up to a temp profile. How do I get back to my normal one? Although a lot of my files are safe on external drives, a huge batch was on my desktop, so I need to get back to save these. Anyone, Please help...

:)

RiverSlaney, May 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, May 3, 2020
  3. dgootee Win User
    Try to login into my profile but am redirected to temporary profile.

In simple terms and step by step how to have my profile not be redirected to a temporary profile. Answers I have seen are too technical. Cannot figure out where to start on my computer to create a new user account as posts suggest. This started the
    day I updated to Windows 10.

dgootee, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do?

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

I came home today and had to log in to my desktop. When I did it said it was preparing Windows and I was taken to the temporary profile. I followed the tutorial to delete the profile folder path (step 9). At some point in the process, I confirmed that I could see my old files in C: \Users\BriggsDesktop. When I restarted, it went through the "We're glad you're here" screens. However it took me back to the desktop that looks just like the temporary profile one. I can no longer find all of my files. I tried doing a restore, but it did not complete successfully. Suggestions?

Justinbriggs, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do?

1. Windows 10 booted up a Temporary Profile - what do I do? - Similar Threads - booted Temporary Profile

2. PC keeps reseting to a temporary profile everytime i restart, what do i do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps reseting to a temporary profile everytime i restart, what do i do?: I did try the method of restarting the device 4 times and it seemed to work, the desktop retained its layout after every shutdown or restart and nothing seemed to get deleted anymore. Today while I was working, I put my laptop to sleep for 5 minutes and when I came back to...
  3. PC keeps reseting to a temporary profile everytime i restart, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps reseting to a temporary profile everytime i restart, what do i do?: I did try the method of restarting the device 4 times and it seemed to work, the desktop retained its layout after every shutdown or restart and nothing seemed to get deleted anymore. Today while I was working, I put my laptop to sleep for 5 minutes and when I came back to...
  4. PC keeps reseting to a temporary profile everytime i restart, what do i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not Booting Up, what Can I do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not Booting Up, what Can I do?: So I restarted my computer like always and it did its normal boot process until I look over and nothing ha happened and the mouse and keyboard is off???? Its not a virus and I doubt anything failed but I'm not sure what to do....
  6. Do not logon users with Temporary Profiles on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Do not logon users with Temporary Profiles on Windows 10: If you do not want to allow users to log on with temporary profiles on Windows 10, follow this step-by-step guide to get it done. It is possible to block Windows 10 from logging users in with a temporary profile using the Registry Editor and the Local Group Policy Editor. If...
  7. How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop this and how do I get out of a temporary profile?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MlgSwagNoah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mlnftq/how_do_i_stop_this_and_how_do_i_get_out_of_a/
  8. Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Logged on with a temporary Profile. How do I get my profile back?: I logged in to my laptop the other morning and logged in fine then logged into Citrix for work, clocked in then I got a box that said computer needed to re-boot. Wasn’t sure if it was my laptop or my work computer that I was logged into. So I closed that box, signed out of...
  9. How do I fix this "logged in with a temporary profile" Error on my profile.

How do I fix this "logged in with a temporary profile" Error on my profile.: This had happened after I had updated the PC and logged back into my profile, it said something about syncing stuff and whatnot. How does one fix this issue? Do I have to create another account and move my files over to it or is there another way of doing this? submitted by...
  10. How do i fix the temporary profile thing

How do i fix the temporary profile thing: I tried changing my password and logging in and out but it doesn't work. Anything helps submitted by /u/airpods12 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/drqf0n/how_do_i_fix_the_temporary_profile_thing/