Windows 10: Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting

Discus and support Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My pc is booting into Windows 10 recovery, automatically, showing "Please Wait" while booting. It then asks for the keyboard layout and goes into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GDZLLRElectro, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting

Hi,

My pc is booting into Windows 10 recovery, automatically, showing "Please Wait" while booting.

It then asks for the keyboard layout and goes into recovery.

Also, under Troubleshoot menu, there's only the following:

1. System Restore Which says, boot from windows installation drive

2. System Image Restore

3. CMD

4. UEFI Settings

5. Uninstall Updates

6. Startup Repair Which always fails

There's no "System Startup" menu in Troubleshoot, therefore I can't boot into safe mode either.

I tried bootrec /fixboot, which returns "Access Denied"

Though bootrec /scanos detects [Windows D:]

I can't get past the recovery menu anyway.

I suppose, the windows efi boot file, is booting up the recovery drive, instead of Windows.

Is there any way to fix it, than reinstalling Windows?

:)

GDZLLRElectro, Aug 15, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Automatic Repair - boots in 2nd cycle

Hello. This is similiar topic on our forum but now i will explain more brighter.
    So last time after i change in my UEFI boot priority from :"UEFI USB KINGSTON" to "P1 SSD SAMSUNG EVO 250 GB" i am getting weird booting problem with Windows 10.

Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting [​IMG]

When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc. Then after this i get screen with Your pc did not start correctly or Automatic Repair couldnt repair your pc . And when i click restart then Windows 10 boot fine. So i am needing 2 boots to boot properly to windows.

My disk is on MBR partirion. Is this related to my UEFI/Partitions?

Somebody said to me this:"UEFI booting requires a GPT disk. This is why Windows has to fix itself and only boots in 2nd cycle - as you keep trying to boot UEFI to an MBR disk."

Also i know that UEFI firmware can emulate BIOS functionality (CSM/Legacy) and work with MBR disks just fine. Or i am wrong? And cause is elsewhere?

I am a little confused. Thx for reply. My ssd Samsung Evo 250 GB , rams 2x8gb DDR3 Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz.

litwicki24, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting

1. Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting - Similar Threads - booting recovery automatically

2. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  3. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  4. Windows 11 not booting. It's says please wait and then ask for troubleshoot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 not booting. It's says please wait and then ask for troubleshoot: Hey thereSo I have a PC with 2 Windows 11 dual boot. 1st Volume 6 is for my office work and 2nd Volume 4 for gaming. Here are the specs:-AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G16 GB Ram256 gb SSD500GB + 320 GB Hard Disk2 days ago I had updated my Volume 4 Windows 11. I don't remember the...
  5. Windows 11 not booting. It's says please wait and then ask for troubleshoot

Windows 11 not booting. It's says please wait and then ask for troubleshoot: Hey thereSo I have a PC with 2 Windows 11 dual boot. 1st Volume 6 is for my office work and 2nd Volume 4 for gaming. Here are the specs:-AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G16 GB Ram256 gb SSD500GB + 320 GB Hard Disk2 days ago I had updated my Volume 4 Windows 11. I don't remember the...
  6. Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait": I've had this good windows 10 pc since 2020. It geneally runs well, somewhat high end gaming pc, good stuff, bought it on amazon.This would be maybe the second or third time that this has happened. My pc will occasionally get stuck on the update screen. I'll force it to shut...
  7. Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait"

Win10 pc wont boot, stuck on "please wait": I've had this good windows 10 pc since 2020. It geneally runs well, somewhat high end gaming pc, good stuff, bought it on amazon.This would be maybe the second or third time that this has happened. My pc will occasionally get stuck on the update screen. I'll force it to shut...
  8. Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 boot stuck at "Please Wait" for ridiculousy long time: Hi, i have windows 10 installed in SSD to a machine with Intel core i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM, and already been runing for almost 2 years now.Usually the start up "please wait" screen on boot after the MB BIOS and windows 10 logo, before User PIN input screen is barely seen.But...
  9. Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason: Almost every time when I turn off my PC for longer period and turn it back on again Windows 10 will boot into automatic startup repair instead of booting normally. Pressing continue in startup recovery it continues to boot normally as it was supposed to in the first place....
  10. Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not booting, showing black screen even in automatic system repair and while booting...: Laptop was showing bad system config info so I did a system restore but instead of solving the issue now windows is showing black screen even in automatic system repair and the same if I try to boot in with USB. Resulting to which I can't even flash windows again. I have a...