Windows 10: Windows 10 Booting issue after update

Discus and support Windows 10 Booting issue after update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Background: A collegues Win 10 laptop will not boot due to user error. C: drive has less that 4gb left, user decided to update. Update required more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cidk2000, May 4, 2021.

1. Cidk2000 Win User

Windows 10 Booting issue after update

Background: A collegues Win 10 laptop will not boot due to user error. C: drive has less that 4gb left, user decided to update. Update required more space so plugged in usb, update took long time to install , user got impatient and unplugged usb , rebooted roll back failed , then decided to format the usb drive big screwup there! Tried uninstalling updates via the troubleshooting menu to two updates both failed. Booted into command prompt with usb to backup files some files will not copy Tried takeownership of files and attempted copy failed. So tried hirens boot pe to backup files some files not backing up. I found myself thinking can I repair the OS to build so I went back to troubleshooting command prompt in recovery area. SFC - did offline command I get an error that some service is not available (more details can follow with screenshot soon as this is being done over phone and remotely) Tried then net start trustedinstaller get a successful message and retried the sfc command - failed Tried: as I felt this was the best option to get win10 to boot DISM /Image:C:\ /ScratchDir:C:\Scratch /Cleanup-Image /RevertPendingActions I get an error 87 Cleanup-Image is unknown I'm unsure if the laptop has nvme m2 ssd or the eMMC crap the size of the drive is 128gb . I was thinking of asking client to open the laptop and put the ssd in the nvme to usb Device providing it wasn't eMMC. I was hoping I could fix it via command prompt before it could come to something that drastic I thought about in place upgrade but there's not enough space and think does that not require to start from windows desktop and Not command prompt ? Destructive recovery is not an option at this time Creating a backup image of the drive backs up the problem too. Any solutions?

:)

Cidk2000, May 4, 2021
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 4, 2021
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, May 4, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Booting issue after update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

i cant say for sure what might be causing problems for those who are experiencing issues, but I figured it couldnt hurt to point this out to those who might not be aware of it, it is ONLY effecting Insider program members. as far as M$ has announced.

Windows 10 update traps some systems in a boot loop

jboydgolfer, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Booting issue after update

1. Windows 10 Booting issue after update - Similar Threads - Booting issue update

2. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will not boot after update: I am having an issue in which after a Windows update installs and restarts, the screen will go blue and state Windows is having a problem.In the windows boot options, repair and attempting to uninstall updates fails. I can start in safe mode or from an earlier OS save state...
  3. Windows 10 will not boot after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 will not boot after update: I am having an issue in which after a Windows update installs and restarts, the screen will go blue and state Windows is having a problem.In the windows boot options, repair and attempting to uninstall updates fails. I can start in safe mode or from an earlier OS save state...
  4. Boot issue after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot issue after windows 10 update.: Does anyone know if Windows already issued a fix for the Subjetc issue.As a home pc-user, I must say that the I am not able to follow all the steps detailed in some posts.I believe Microsoft Corporation should realease a patch to install and automatically fix this issue for...
  5. Boot issue after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot issue after windows 10 update.: Does anyone know if Windows already issued a fix for the Subjetc issue.As a home pc-user, I must say that the I am not able to follow all the steps detailed in some posts.I believe Microsoft Corporation should realease a patch to install and automatically fix this issue for...
  6. Boot issue after windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. boot issue after KB4580364 update in windows 10

boot issue after KB4580364 update in windows 10: Hi, After updating this KB4580364, my windows 10 device has problem with booting with hibernate. When I hibernate the device, It goes to sleep and that's ok, but when I turn on the device, it shuts down after booting the bios and windows 10 is not loaded at all. For now...
  8. Windows 10 Boot Issue after ReInstallation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Issue after ReInstallation: Strange issue that has me stumped so far . . . TLDR: Wishing to boot to a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on SSD A . . . . but SSD B needs to be powered up in order to do so! TLDR 2: Is there a utility that will allow me to create a Bootloader on the new SSD whilst...
  9. windows 10 update,boot issues

windows 10 update,boot issues: windows 10 update,boot issues https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updateboot-issues/4e92ba91-0a53-41ca-92d9-8ea77db6f75a
  10. Boot issue after update 10586

Boot issue after update 10586: update the windows and have this problem : The boot after restart on Windows 10 GA Build 10240: 1. BIOS 2. Windows Boot Logo 3. Blank Black Screen 4. Login Screen The boot after restart on Windows 10 GA Build 10586: 1. BIOS 2. Windows Boot Logo 3. Blank Black...