Windows 10: Windows 10 booting issue

Discus and support Windows 10 booting issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On page 2-27 of your manual there is a setting for CSM. How is yours set? By forcing enabled it gives you some additional options. Maybe these need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Beret21, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Beret21 Win User

Windows 10 booting issue

I went into the CSM settings and as suggested forced it to boot legacy instead of UEFI ( default is auto ) BTW i tried this one before too nothing +ve. But again for every thing i try i have to wait a day or 2 to check if that thing has a benefit or not becuz as told before this boot changing thing is totally random :/
    Thats a really nice advice Spike. Will surely take into account in case i am re-installing windows.

Y i am running away from re-installation. I have around 36 software installed. Including few benchmark softwares and MATLAB these alone are around 20GB rest will make a total of around 25 and then re-registering and stuff *Shock
    Then come the games. Whooping 319 GB. Not so sure if these will work after copy pasting !!
    Just thinking about all this stuff gives headache

Beret21, Feb 21, 2017
  2. Beret21 Win User

Finally it seems that the issue has been solved. I disabled an option in BIOS named "Fast boot" After that i had so many restarts without issues.
    Though i am planning to do a clean install UEFI one Windows 10 booting issue :p

Beret21, Feb 23, 2017
  3. Excellent. Maybe the industry has to do a rethink. Fast Boot, Fast Start Up, who is doing what, when. I'm sure each does something to help speed up process but is some of this causing unexpected outcomes.

Thanks for posting back.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 booting issue

1. Windows 10 booting issue - Similar Threads - booting issue

2. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  3. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot files Issue: Dell Inspiron 3793Windows 10 My laptop was working fine all day, then I did a Reboot and it wouldn't start up, just a black screen with the mouse cursor. I did a Software Repair and the error said "Boot files issue detected" but it was not able to repair it.I called Dell and...
  4. Boot files Issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  6. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times: when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times but it displays normally the windows and everything and i have an h410 board so when I searched by beeping code i found out that that's a cache error but i don't understand why and how that happened and what to do to fix that.. right...
  7. Hi iam having an issue when the pc is booting it beeps 11 times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  9. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”: Hi,While I’m using the laptop, it suddenly stuck and show message ‘Reboot and Select Proper boot Device’. I tried to restart several times and the issue remains. I also check Bios at boot to prioritize’Windows Boot Manager P0: ST1000LM035-1RK172’ to be Boot option #1 and it...
  10. Can’t turn on Laptop due to Window issue “Reboot and Select proper Boot device”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware