Windows 10: Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1

Discus and support Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I updated a machine with the available 20H1 update (it's a rarely used machine). This morning it suddenly boots up by itself. After shutting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Muxthepux, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Muxthepux Win User

Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1

Last night I updated a machine with the available 20H1 update (it's a rarely used machine). This morning it suddenly boots up by itself. After shutting it down, it boots up after a few minutes again. Didn't read about that one yet... Any recommendations? Thanks

:)

Muxthepux, Jul 21, 2021
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 21, 2021
  3. cumulative update for 20h1

Hi PaulPChou,

Thank you for bringing this concern to us, my name is Anthony I am an Independent Advisor and a Windows 10 OS user like you.

I understand that you wanted to know when will be the cumulative update for 20h1 be release. I can relate to you about this topic because I am to is always excited for every major update release of Windows 10.

So far the information we have is that the cumulative update for 20h1 would be release this May of 2020 however for some reason there was a delay on the 20h1 cumulative update for this month.

Here are the latest news for the Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, news and features

Windows 10 May 2020 Update release date, news and features | TechRadar

In my case I have joined to the Windows 10 insider program to have the latest preview build before it is release for public users, if you are interested you please see this steps bellow.

How to join the Windows Insider Program

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-join-windows...

If you opted to join the Windows insider program, after you restart the computer you would be able to get the 20h1 immediately when you update Windows 10.

Please let me know on how I can provide further assistance PaulPChou, I would do my best to provide further help.

Thank you again for posting this concern , I am glad we where able to work together with this issue.

Please continue to be safe and have a good day.

Best regards,

Anthony De Jesus

Independent Advisor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few reminder before we access the site: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).
    Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Anthony1129, Jul 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1

1. Windows 10 booting on its own after updating to 20H1 - Similar Threads - booting own updating

2. Windows 10 restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 restarting on its own: I have MI notebook pro. Its almost 6 months old now. for last 2-3 months, its restarting on its own without giving any error or warning. It restarts and takes me back to the the lock screen. I tried googled all the ways on how to fix the issue. Disabled the automatic restart...
  3. Windows 10 restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 restarting on its own: I have MI notebook pro. Its almost 6 months old now. for last 2-3 months, its restarting on its own without giving any error or warning. It restarts and takes me back to the the lock screen. I tried googled all the ways on how to fix the issue. Disabled the automatic restart...
  4. Computer unstable after update 20H1 of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer unstable after update 20H1 of Windows 10: All my texts are written using Google translation, errors may be present Hello The 20H1 update for Windows 10 became compatible and available for download on my computer over a month ago I would say. So I went from version 1909 to 20H1 without going through 2004 and I am now...
  5. Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender feature switched off on its own after boot: Hey, I turned my computer on and one of the Windows Defender features - related to SmartScreen specifically - was switched off for some unknown reason. I had to manually switch it back on. I was just wondering if something like that ever happened to you - if it's just a...
  6. Windows 10 restarts on its own!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 restarts on its own!: I just bought an Acer Swift 3 314-41 with 4gb of ram, Ryzen 5 3500u with vega 8, 512 ssd. I've been experiencing forced restart without an explanation. I've disabled the auto restart. But it still restarts on it's own. A few days later the auto restart are gone, but when i...
  7. Windows 10 restarts to install updates on its own will

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 restarts to install updates on its own will: Hello, 1 Is it not possible to get support from Microsoft for their own products? 2 My problem is that I can't prevent windows 10 from automatically restarting to install updates. Changing settings doesn't do anything. My laptop Samsung Series 5 Ultra NP530 came...
  8. Windows 10 dimming on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 dimming on its own: I use my laptop for photo editing and have calibrated the display with brightness set at 32. My problem is that the display dims after some time at its own going from 16 then 8 , 4 and eventually 0. This cause the calibration to be off. I would like the brightness to stay...
  9. Windows Hello Popped Up on Its Own after an Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Popped Up on Its Own after an Update: Hi there. I was surfing the net when I received an alert to update my computer. I did the update, but then something called Windows Hello (which I had never heard of) had popped up, and the computer was refusing my password. When I tried to reset my password, I got a request...
  10. Windows 10 starting on its own

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 starting on its own: I recently decided to build my own computer, however to my horror, Windows 10 is still not working and has caused my computer to randomly cut to black screen, not turn on when the power button is pressed and to restart itself only to cut out 5-10 seconds after powering on. No...