Windows 10: Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Regimite, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Regimite Win User

Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor

Hi, my PC has been acting up for about a week now. I have 2 Samsung 24inch Monitors and a decent gaming PC. I have tried all the options this forums has brought to me such as control alt delete and recovery mode, nothing has worked so far.

i have just upgraded from 7-10 and it just wont start up without booting to that black screen, i am looking for answers and help on this. Please suggest anything!!

:)

Regimite, Jan 8, 2016
  2. GFlat Win User

Windows 10 June 2017 Update KB4022405 ISSUES

P.S. re: Cursor---When I boot from the Boot Media flash drive, I initially see a blinking white cursor at the top left of a black screen, but no cursor on the blue screen.

GFlat, Jan 8, 2016
  3. AGagnon01 Win User
    black screen after booting up with personalized settings not responding

After installing Win 10 from Win 7, I get the screen where I write my password then I get a black screen with a White box that says: personalized settings not responding.

I do not have Access to the Windows Key to try to get to the Boot in Safe Mode option. All I get is a black screen and the White mouse cursor.

Please Don't tell me to use the command prompt or to go to safe mode menu, it's just not accessible.

Please help.

AGagnon01, Jan 8, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

My experience helping a neighbor with this problem was that some piece of hardware was not connected properly and the device driver had to time out (over 4 minutes) and then Windows launched properly and he could sign in. We then checked the device manager and saw a problem. Unistalling the problem hardware, plus checking for startup software (using msconfig), and then checking starup services (computer management), and then the startup program in the use profile and the all users profile and deleting stuff that obviously was going to the Internet for updates (e.g. Acrobat) solved the issue.

How long have you waited to actually get a signin screen?

PJLLB, Jan 8, 2016
  5. Regimite Win User
    The thing is, It only boots up to that darn black screen and cursor. I never get a login screen i have left it on for over 2 hours and nothing has changed, im not experienced with taking apart PCs' ect. Do you suggest me bringing it to my local computer shop to try and fix it??

Regimite, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Booting to a black screen & white cursor - Similar Threads - Booting black screen

2. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  3. Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 black screen with moving white cursor: My computer turns on normally but after welcome screen shows black screen. It normally does hotkeys like ctrl+alt+delete, it means i can turn on task manager. In the task manager i cant start new tasks such as msconfig, dwm dwm.exe. My computer also turns on safe mode with...
  4. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  5. Black screen white cursor repair??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen white cursor repair??: Earlier today I ran into an error, I suspect from a late night update the day before. It indicated a need for an error and a need for a system repair.I could get to the desktop less and less. Someone suggested I run a system repair which allowed longer but still limited...
  6. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...: So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up...
  7. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor: I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail. I don't have any peripherals attached. Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all...
  8. Booting to black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  9. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...
  10. Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 commonly boots to a black screen with no cursor?: Yeah, just registered with Ten Forums and all that good stuff, and so here's my first of possibly many issues I shall bring to you. xD I upgraded my preview build of Windows 10 (10130) to the pro final version because the preview wasn't able to find additional builds and kept...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 black screen white cursor