Windows 10: Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install?

Discus and support Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just a quick disclaimer: I've used Linux all my life ever since I got my first PC. I've never owned a computer which has had Windows on it for longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theo_cm, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install?

Just a quick disclaimer: I've used Linux all my life ever since I got my first PC. I've never owned a computer which has had Windows on it for longer than 12 hours. It's very possible that I'm missing something super obvious here and if that's the case I apologise!

So basically I've installed Windows 10 on my laptop via a live usb as I need to use Windows for a program for school (WINE doesn't work unfortunately). I've wiped my SSD and created a live usb rather painlessly and the installation seems to go fine. HOWEVER, as soon as I reboot and remove the usb I'm sent straight into the BIOS. Running the troubleshooting tool included on the live usb yields no clues, and the terminal seems very bare bones (missing basic commands like "ls" lol).

I've disabled fast boot and secure boot and made sure I'm booting in UEFI mode, and reinstalled windows now 3 times but still no luck. Any help much appreciated, although I do find it amusing that Arch is probably easier to install than Windows these days

submitted by /u/theo_cm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theo_cm, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 11, 2020
  3. more123 Win User
    Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install?

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization, Tips and Tricks for your Windows PC

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install?

1. Windows 10 booting to BIOS after fresh install? - Similar Threads - booting BIOS fresh

2. Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS: Hardware: -CPU: AMD R5 5600x -Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x570-E -SSD: Samsung 980 ProSo I'm having some trouble getting my fresh install of windows 10 on my NVMe SSD to boot properly. I'm using a usb stick with the intallation tool from the microsoft website to install...
  3. Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS: Hardware: -CPU: AMD R5 5600x -Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x570-E -SSD: Samsung 980 ProSo I'm having some trouble getting my fresh install of windows 10 on my NVMe SSD to boot properly. I'm using a usb stick with the intallation tool from the microsoft website to install...
  4. Fresh install of windows 10 not detected as bootable in BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Fresh windows 10 install not booting

Fresh windows 10 install not booting: Hello. I have just recently upgraded the core hardware of my computer. in so doing I prepared to have a fresh install running windows 10 as opposed to windows 7 which I had been using previously. I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and made a recovery partition on my storage...
  6. Windows 10 booted as if fresh install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 booted as if fresh install: Hello guys, this is the first time I have encountered something like this. I start my PC this morning and it boots as if it was a fresh install or as if a new user was created default everything settings, wallpaper and etc. I did not perform a fresh install recently except...
  7. Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation

Windows 10 boot failing after fresh installation: So i saw a boot menu that said Choose an operating system [Windows 10 volume 2] [Windows 10 volume 2] and chose the first one after installing windows and its just stuck with this screen made in ms paint from my other computer [ATTACH] Should i choose the second option?...
  8. Windows 10 Installation Freezes After BIOS Boot

Windows 10 Installation Freezes After BIOS Boot: Hello, I just finished building a new PC build, so I am now trying to install 64-bit Windows 10 via USB Drive. The PC will post and show the BIOS screen but it freezes shortly after that once the Windows loading dial shows up. I am unsure what to do at this point. I've...
  9. Windows wont boot after fresh install

Windows wont boot after fresh install: PC specs: Gigabyte F2A88XM-D3H AMD A8 APU kingston v300 SSD 120gb WD HDD 1tb I recently built this system for a family member as a low budget media/gaming pc. This was originally setup with windows 10 on the 1tb main drive, so I know everything works. Now we decided...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...