Windows 10: Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS

Discus and support Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So what has been happening is that my windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire Es 15) has only been booting to troubleshooting and it never says continue to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackEi88, Jun 24, 2019.

1. JackEi88 Win User

Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS

So what has been happening is that my windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire Es 15) has only been booting to troubleshooting and it never says continue to Windows 10, I'm unsure if it is booting to the wrong partition. Also I am u a le to use bcdedit because it says, and I quote "The boot configuration data store could not be opened.

The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified rule is not in a registry file format" so now I am getting mixed signals, is my hard drive booting to the wrong partition or is my registry files Corrupted, please help.

:)

JackEi88, Jun 24, 2019
  2. Jborg Win User

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jun 24, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS

1. Windows 10 booting to troubleshooting and unable to boot to Windows 10 OS - Similar Threads - booting troubleshooting unable

2. Unable to boot into Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot into Windows 10: Hi, I just recently installed ubuntu onto my windows 10 computer using dual boot, after getting it installed, my windows 10 no longer boots. I went to the bios menu and tried to boot windows by trying all the disks, but i am getting an error "An operating system wasn't found....
  3. Unable to boot into Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot into Windows 10: Hi, I just recently installed ubuntu onto my windows 10 computer using dual boot, after getting it installed, my windows 10 no longer boots. I went to the bios menu and tried to boot windows by trying all the disks, but i am getting an error "An operating system wasn't found....
  4. Windows 10 unable to boot

Windows 10 unable to boot: Hello, My Asus vivobook recently ran into some problems, getting BSODs with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. SFC scans said no integrity violations. Then, I tried to update Windows to 20H2.... the laptop restarted a few times, said rolling back changes, and then just booted to the...
  5. Unable to boot windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to boot windows 10: Hi. Recently just cleaned out my SSD to do a fresh install of windows 10. I've downloaded Win10 Installation Media, did the setup for a diff computer into my USB, set it as default for the said PC. But, it keeps refreshing the GIGABYTE Insist on Ultra Durable loading page. I...
  6. UNABLE TO BOOT WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UNABLE TO BOOT WINDOWS 10: I purchased Windows 10 Home on USB drive for desktop pc, replacing Windows 7. Clicked on setup.exe and clicked on save "nothing" so that it would be a clean install. Now I cannot boot my pc. PC is humming, so it is on, but nothing happens. I started yesterday. Can you help?...
  7. Unable to Boot Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Boot Windows 10: Today I accidentally deleted a Microsoft Boot Partition. It was 260 MB, with the tags of boot and esp and now I cannot boot Windows 10. How to I fix this without spending any money on software or having another physical copy of Windows? I have access to Linux on this computer...
  8. Windows 10 Is Unable To Boot

Windows 10 Is Unable To Boot: My PC Is Completely Unable To Boot Up Anymore I Keep Get Blue Screen INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE I Have Tried Many Options Even Repairing The Boot Sector. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-unable-to-boot/988103ef-cff0-417e-b949-d7fe504729fb
  9. Unable to boot into Windows 10

Unable to boot into Windows 10: After some days of noticing my ASUS Laptop running slow, I decided to do a System Restore in an attempt to speed it up and remove any recent programs/features I have installed. (There was one suspect program for a new game from CN [Langrisser Mobile, PC Client], however the...
  10. Windows 10 only boots troubleshoot

Windows 10 only boots troubleshoot: My HP laptop of few years has started to slow down and I was uninstalling and reinstalling Norton security, the final instruction for the uninstall was to restart the pc, after it shutdown and restarted the computer shows “Choose an option”, the options being troubleshoot or...