Windows 10: Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

Discus and support Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i turn on my laptop when windows is starting up i see the logo but the spinning dots don’t appear but it still boots into windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DubhghallFairweather, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

when i turn on my laptop when windows is starting up i see the logo but the spinning dots don’t appear but it still boots into windows

:)

DubhghallFairweather, Dec 21, 2020

2. Booting sysprep cloned image to spinning dots

hi.

So I have imaged a Windows 10 HE that I have sysprep /generalize to OOBE on virtualbox.

And written back that image (YES disk image not vm disk, don't ask me how) to my HP Stream 10 netbook.
    After fixing issue with the boot process, it boots now to the HP logo and the spinning dots.

I am assuming Windows 10 is starting to load but fails ?

What could be the issue ? given that it is a sysprep generalized image, I am guessing it should be ok for the drivers, right ? What step of the boot process is it ? Why is it stuck in it ?

What could the problem with those spinning dots and how to fix it ?

THNU85DC3sd, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Unable to Boot. Have a blue screen w/ Windows Icon. Spinning dots at bottom of page stop moving

When it fails to boot, it gives no error. The spinning dots just stop spinning. I have left if alone for 2 hours, but its never progresses. I completed the steps from the link above and received the message "Windows Resource Protection did not find
    any integrity violations". I have tried to manually update all of the drivers installed on the system. There were none. System will still not start. Can you suggest a next step?

Thanks

TheeMrSexyPants, Dec 21, 2020
  4. MbI_05 Win User

Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

Windows 10 Failure to Boot Passed Splash logo and spinning dots

Hello,

The summary, I need assistance in trying to repair my windows 10 system that since freezing and having to reset it two days ago it has not booted again. I have not been able to boot past the splash screen and spinning dots since this freeze, it will show
    splash logo and spinning dots at the bottom of the screen and then go to a black screen and stay there.

At the time of the freeze I was playing a video game installed on my SSD which is where my Windows 10 OS is installed and also transferring some photos from my phone to my standard HDD. I've had the occasional system freeze/lock up requiring a reboot before
    with no problem.

What I've tried so far:

1. 2x Hard reboots to force the system into automatic repair on the third. This will go through POST to the splash screen, which instead of the spinning dots will ready 'Preparing Automatic Repair'. This then goes straight to a black screen and stays there
      indefinitely, at this point I either have to reset or do a hard reboot to try again.
    2. BIOS Boot menu - from here I've made sure of the correct order, number 1 being Windows Boot Manager on my SSD, I have also used the boot override menu (F8) to select this manually. This results in the same, splash logo and spinning dots followed by indefinite
      black screen.
    3. Boot from my original Windows 10 USB (UEFI), both with and without my SSD with Win 10 connected to the machine and fast boot disabled, CSM enabled, Secure boot enabled. This seemed to get me a half a step further, I was shown a screen where I could select
      to enter setup for either Windows 10 (64bit) or Windows 10 (32bit) or run a memory test. Selecting the 64bit setup option would then begin to show 'Loading Files' along the bottom of my screen, this would then move to a splash logo of windows and spinning
      dots, then straight to a black screen indefinitely again.
      1. I also ran the memory test, it did not find any faults, also removed and reseated each DIMM, no faults founds. Trying the setup option again after this still results in a black screen, I tried the 32bit install and got the same black screen result.
      2. I played around with a number of BIOS boot settings (CSM & Secure Boot) and never got further than spinning dots followed by black screen.
    4. Windows Media Creation Tool - I thought I'll give this a go because my original install USB didn't work. I used the media creation tool and a brand new USB Flash drive to create a new bootable installation media. The tool made this without any errors.
      When I boot from this new USB though I end up with the same result, this time though I get no setup selection (presumably because I made it only for Win 10 64bit) it's straight to windows splash logo and spinning dots, followed by black screen.
      1. I've tried using this new USB when my OS SSD is connected and not-connected, same result of black screen.
      2. I have tried with the GFX card removed and using CPU gfxs, same result of black screen.
    Through everything I've tried not once have I ended up at the start of the Windows 10 install environment where I could select repair, so far everything I've tried results in an indefinitely black screen after the first splash logo and spinning dots go away.
    I'm at a loss from where to go from here with troubleshooting this without perhaps pointing the finger at my motherboard. My motherboard however has not shown any fault lights or beep codes and which ever boot media I've tried it is recognizing and seems
    to try to use it but then I fall down at the black screen each time.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, even if its trying the same things again but with a slightly different or more structured approach.

System specs for reference:

CPU: i5-6600K 3.5ghz

Mobo: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

RAM: 16GB (2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 MHz)

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

HDD: WD 1TB 7200 RPM (WD10EZEX)

GFX: Asus Strix AMD Radeon R9 390 8GB

PSU: Corsair RM650i (650 watt)

MbI_05, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots

1. Windows 10 Booting Without spinning dots - Similar Threads - Booting Without spinning

2. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots: Hi!I have an old laptop, which is pretty useless.Then I thought - is it possible to install Windows 10 on it?I tried just regular USB and DVD, it just didn't boot in the setup.On the virtual machine on the same computer Windows 10 works.Also, the Symantec Ghost helped me.I...
  3. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots: Hi!I have an old laptop, which is pretty useless.Then I thought - is it possible to install Windows 10 on it?I tried just regular USB and DVD, it just didn't boot in the setup.On the virtual machine on the same computer Windows 10 works.Also, the Symantec Ghost helped me.I...
  4. Windows 10 stuck on a boot screen without spinning dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 spinning dots: I was playing a game called league of legends then my pc restarted for no reason and i get stuck on spinning dots for like 20 mins right now, can i get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spinning-dots/81ddcd2e-e5ff-4f3d-b6e1-12e2a3694471
  6. Boot freezes at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot freezes at spinning dots: As the title says I am currently having an issue with my Win10 computer where whenever I try to boot it up it goes to the spinning dots under the company logo of the MB manufacturer and as soon as the dots appear it freezes. If I force automatic repair the exact same happens...
  7. Spinning dots on Windows 10 Boot !HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots on Windows 10 Boot !HELP!: Hey all, looking for support with this one so I can get back to enjoying my computer during isolation! For the past 3 days my desktop computer has been stuck on the Windows 10 boot screen with the windows logo with spinning dots, and also sometimes just a black screen with...
  8. Windows 10 Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Spinning Dots: My Acer laptop was started logging and eventually it is hanging that I decided to reformat drive C. After I reformated it once, the issue still exsits so that I decided to reformat all the drivers and reinstall Windows 10. After two reformats, I got stuck on spinning dots for...
  9. Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boot stuck on spinning dots: Hey, so to start with, I have a gaming pc and a mac. My macs hardrive (bootcamped windows 10) wasnt working. So to test if its still alive, I plugged it into my gaming pc (set it as my first boot option) to see if itll boot.. and it did. The issue arises when I unplug...
  10. Spinning Dots at Boot Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Spinning Dots at Boot Up: I have win 10 x64 on a Dell XPS 8700. It had Win 8.1. Been on Win 10 since release. Today my son went to reboot the computer and at boot, just got spinning dots. He turned it off, same thing. Got to a diagnostic and it said it could not repair. So I decided to use Acronis...