Windows 10: Windows 10 bootloop in screen "Working with Updates"

Discus and support Windows 10 bootloop in screen "Working with Updates" in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I have a laptop from my office with windows 10 version 1803 installed. It is also having bitlocker installed as per company policy. Normally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Chirantan Ghosh, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 bootloop in screen "Working with Updates"

Hello,

I have a laptop from my office with windows 10 version 1803 installed. It is also having bitlocker installed as per company policy. Normally it asks for bitlocker pin at booting.

2 days back after working in the night , i left my computer switched on and went for sleep. In the morning I found that it is switched off and when I started it, it never booted into windows 10 but it booted into windows recovery screen. I recovered my bitlocker recovery code to continue and started using different option. I was not having System restore enabled nor I did have any image so I could not take any of those options.Finally , i tried to repair the boot record with command

---bcdboot c:\windows

and then I found my computer booted into windows 10 and then started the screen "Working on updates, do not turn of your compter" after it rebooted automatically and started a cycle of doing the same.

I tried using a windows 10 booting usb drive and evrytime after entering bitlocker recovery code, i tried chkdsk command, sfc /scannow but none shown any kind of problem. I retried recreating the boot records which is using the UEFI mode but nothing helped. Everytime i start my computer it switches to "Working on Update" screen and reboots and same.

So my question is , is there a way to

1. Avoid windows to switch to "Working on Update" screen and try to boot normally. I beleive if the windows boot can be stopped into "Working on update" screen the problem can be resolved.

I also tried to start the computer in safe mode but still it was going to "Working on update" screen.

2. I tried to reinstall Windows 10 with option keeping my files with boot USB but it is asking to run the setup from inside running windows. I do not want install a fresh windows as it does not make sense for me to install all my softwares and setting for this problem.

3. I use onedrive and the night i worked last ,i saw my last files are not yet synced in server so I tried to copy those files from the recovery command prompt but it was telling me access denied. So how can i access those files to backup from onedrive folder ?

:)

Chirantan Ghosh, Dec 9, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Dec 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 bootloop in screen "Working with Updates"

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 bootloop in screen "Working with Updates"

1. Windows 10 bootloop in screen "Working with Updates" - Similar Threads - bootloop screen Working

2. Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10: Hello everyone,Recently, I had updated to Windows 11 on my PC, however, I simply enjoyed Windows 10 more, as some apps weren't functioning in the same way, and I thought it would be a simple easy process. As I was trying to get back however, I repeatedly get into the:...
  3. Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10: Hello everyone,Recently, I had updated to Windows 11 on my PC, however, I simply enjoyed Windows 10 more, as some apps weren't functioning in the same way, and I thought it would be a simple easy process. As I was trying to get back however, I repeatedly get into the:...
  4. Window Bootloop / Blue screen upon rollback to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update

Rollback bootloop after Windows 10 Update: Hi everyone, I'm kin of desperated.After several attemps of unsuccessful Windows Updates my PC ist stuck in a boot loop no Windows logo, just the mainboard logo.My Win10 is on an SSD.1 I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and installed a recovery USB. The automatic...
  6. Windows 10 bootloop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 bootloop: I'm experiencing a bootloop caused by “critical_process_died”. It happened just after I prompted Windows to Update and restart. Windows' cannot self-repair, I'm clueless. Any help? submitted by /u/RikkunFox [link] [comments]...
  7. Window 10 bootloop nothing works

Window 10 bootloop nothing works: I've tried everything I can only get into the BIOS and the boot menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-bootloop-nothing-works/eb8eb79d-2f5b-4645-add2-2be53a2a3439
  8. Window 10 bootloop nothing works

Window 10 bootloop nothing works: I reset my Windows 10 laptop and now it is stuck in a bootloop how do I fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-bootloop-nothing-works/8ae3fbf9-35fc-4bf5-aedc-eda548d9df79
  9. Infinite bootloop after Windows 10 Update

Infinite bootloop after Windows 10 Update: Hi, Please help me out with this. After a notification from Windows Update Manager, I selected 'Restart Now'. After it got switched off, it is in a constant bootloop. Here is what is happening: 1. Black screen 2. Alienware logo 3. A flash of a window (Seems like CMD)...
  10. Infinite Bootloop after updating to Windows 10 v1809

Infinite Bootloop after updating to Windows 10 v1809: Hi, I recently updated my device to windows 10 v1809 using the windows 10 update assistant. The update was went and i had to restart to complete it. After sometime the computer went to a infinite bootloop where i can see the hp logo of my laptop and thats it! Nothing else,...