Windows 10: Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason

Discus and support Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Almost every time when I turn off my PC for longer period and turn it back on again Windows 10 will boot into automatic startup repair instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TZUITDKDUZTKZT, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason

Almost every time when I turn off my PC for longer period and turn it back on again Windows 10 will boot into automatic startup repair instead of booting normally. Pressing continue in startup recovery it continues to boot normally as it was supposed to in the first place.

It's so effing great that you took away on demand safe mode, instead we get randomly booted into recovery when there is no need THUMBSDOWN.

:)

TZUITDKDUZTKZT, Feb 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Feb 14, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason

1. Windows 10 boots into automatic recovery for no reason - Similar Threads - boots automatic recovery

2. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  3. Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting issue - Preparing Automatic Recovery: Dear all,I have an issue with my Lenovo IdeaPad not booting correctly or not booting at all.When pressing the Power button on the laptop, the screen shows the Lenovo greeting screen for a while, and then a text at the bottom appears with"Preparing Automatic Repairs ". After a...
  4. Windows keep booting into bitlocker recovery screen and will not do automatic recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows keep booting into bitlocker recovery screen and will not do automatic recovery: Hi all,I have a Lenovo P50 laptop with a smaller SSD running windows 10.It will not do automatic recovery the save all files option and now it is in bitlocker recovery screen.How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery: Hey there. This is an issue I've faced for the second time-- in which upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 results in a computer that is completely unsuable and unrepairable by normal means.Currently I am typing this from my laptop.My main computer, after attempting to...
  6. Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery: Hey there. This is an issue I've faced for the second time-- in which upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11 results in a computer that is completely unsuable and unrepairable by normal means.Currently I am typing this from my laptop.My main computer, after attempting to...
  7. Windows 11 Upgrade Corrupted, Boots Into Automatic Recovery

8. Windows 10 endless booting and black screen after automatic recovery

Windows 10 endless booting and black screen after automatic recovery: I had some trouble with a program that constantly was non responding so i wanted to make a quicl restart. After half an hour on the restarting screen a restart on my system usually takes under a minute and a lot of google i forced the pc to shut off. Now when i try to start...
  9. Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting

Windows 10 booting into recovery automatically Showing "Please Wait" while booting: Hi, My pc is booting into Windows 10 recovery, automatically, showing "Please Wait" while booting. It then asks for the keyboard layout and goes into recovery. Also, under Troubleshoot menu, there's only the following: 1. System Restore Which says, boot from windows...
  10. Windows 10 automatic recovery loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 automatic recovery loop.: Hello. I was on my PC when it said I had drive errors and to restart to fix them. Did so and now its doing the loop on me. Tried everything from chkdsk to safe mode. Downloaded the Windows 10 MCT to a flash drive but shows as iso and won’t read it on my PC. I get the Log...