Windows 10: Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login

Discus and support Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, My HP envy m6-k015dx sleekbook was running normally with Windows until last week it started to freeze on the desktop after a few seconds of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by M-Umar, Sep 15, 2020.

1. M-Umar Win User

Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login

Hi,

My HP envy m6-k015dx sleekbook was running normally with Windows until last week it started to freeze on the desktop after a few seconds of login.

I booted into safe mode and disabled all Start-up apps from the Task Manager and disabled the display adapters in device manager, restarted in normal mode and it appears normal for 2-3 minutes on desktop screen after login but again freezes, I force start it with the power button and it feels normal for the same 2 to 3 minutes I can open settings or windows explorer etc., and then it freezes.

It appears normal in safe mode and even I can browse on MS Edge as Long as I want in Safe Mode with Networking but as soon as I restart in normal mode it freezes after the same time.

I did troubleshooting in safe mode and it appears that a windows update was pending installation but I couldn't install it because it freezes during the download of that update2004.

My current windows 10 version is 1903.

I found that there was a quality update installed when the problem appeared, so I uninstalled that quality update in safe mode but still the issue remains there.

When I start in normal mode, I'm able to go to the update settings but when I click the check for update button then it starts checking and freeze. Same happens doesn't matter whatever I do.

Start-up repair tool fails to fix anything each time I tried.

There was a system restore point and I tried to restore it but even that failed.

I don't want to install a clean copy of windows as I want to retain my apps and data.

I've also tried the windows 10 update assistant and got no luck. It checks the hardware and starts downloading the update and then freezes.

I've searched about recent updates and learned that they are causing issues for a lot of users.

My current version of Windows 10 is: 1903

OS build: 18362.1016

The issue appeared after installation of quality update KB4570723

Earlier the new feature update 2004 was available to download in windows update settings but it's not showing now after I manually uninstalled the quality update KB4570723.

Any way to get it fixed without loosing my apps and data?

Thanks

:)

M-Umar, Sep 15, 2020

2. Unable to login to the desktop on Windows 10.

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you are unable to access the desktop as you got stuck on the login page. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Since you are unable to by pass the login page, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and perform a startup repair.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media
    creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings
    and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically. Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
    • The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.
    • Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option
      key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.
    • After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.
    • Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
    • Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner.
    • Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup repair.
    Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the startup. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 15, 2020
  3. 2 minutes of Black Screen before Login Screen & Slow Booting.

I am currently using Windows 10 Home.

When i turn on my laptop, firstly i see the windows logo as usual and then the screen goes black for 2 minutes and then after that logon screen appears. Then after login, desktop appears.

This whole process takes very long time (2-3 minutes).

When i had upgraded to Windows 10, at that time the booting was fast & no black screen appears. But after some days the black screen problem started with slow booting.

I think it happens when windows update has automatically install AMD Radeon HD 7400M series driver because from that day i am facing this problem.

Whenever i uninstall it, windows update automatically downloads it and install it.

My PC : Dell Inspiron N4050

Please HELP .

Saurav.Kumar, Sep 15, 2020
  4. scevism Win User

windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login :mad:

scevism, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boots normally but stucks on the desktop after 2-3 minutes of login - Similar Threads - boots normally stucks

2. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  3. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  4. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop: Hi,I see other people have uploaded Windows Performance Analyzer files here. I have a file that need analysing as I can't make sense of it.On boot:Session Init takes 103sWinlogon Init takes 251sI put the settings as per this website JustPaste.it to get the file for analysis.I...
  5. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop: Hi,I see other people have uploaded Windows Performance Analyzer files here. I have a file that need analysing as I can't make sense of it.On boot:Session Init takes 103sWinlogon Init takes 251sI put the settings as per this website JustPaste.it to get the file for analysis.I...
  6. Boot up takes 3+ minutes to get to desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Pc showing no activity for 2 or 3 minutes during boot

Pc showing no activity for 2 or 3 minutes during boot: I have a pc that usually takes 30 seconds to load, and now it takes 3 or 4 minutes. There is a "no activity" time since the windows logo first appears and the dotted circle is spinning, until the logon window. Yes I ran scans, I updated windows and updated graphic drivers,...
  8. Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 connects to LAN 2-3 minutes after startup: The title says it all, whenever I start my Windows 10 up I can only establish connection my network (connection to NAS, DNS server, Internet) after around 2 - 3 minutes. I use a Samsung 970 EVO nVME SSD, so boot times are very fast. I get an IP from my DHCP server (pfsense)...
  9. My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Computer boots extremely slow ... it stucks at logo for 2-3 minutes. Show ata Srst...: I have a problem with my 9 year old PC. It boots extremely slow. When i start windows , it stucks at Lenovo logo for 2-3 mins. When i boot into another os .. it stucks there well. Sometimes my PC boots very fast and shows no error. Slow booting leads to disappearing of CD...
  10. Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot

Windows freezing 10 minutes to 3 hours after boot: Hello, I recently built a computer myself. After booting windows 10, the system works as it should, except for the Wifi being very slow sometimes (100-500 Kbps on a 60 Mbps connection). After 10 minutes to 3 hours of normal use, windows 10 straight up freezes, forcing me to...