Windows 10: Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error

Discus and support Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a new PC with m2 nvme SSD and I also took my old SSD from the old PC. Now after installing WIndows on the new SSD it does not boot when I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexP11223, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error

I got a new PC with m2 nvme SSD and I also took my old SSD from the old PC.

Now after installing WIndows on the new SSD it does not boot when I select the new SSD in boot menu, only when I select the old SSD (which is labeled as Windows Boot Manager in UEFI) and select one of the two Windows volumes in Windows menu.

How do I fix it to make it boot just from the new SSD and without Windows selection menu except reinstall?

Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error [​IMG]

I tried EasyBCD but I get error

even though it is a primary partition. Also tried adding 500MB partition on this drive, the same result.

:)

AlexP11223, Jan 26, 2019
  2. OldMike65 Win User

Added SSD Drive for Windows only but desktop keeps booting from old HD

Yes it could be, but to check, user should disconnect his old drive then reboot. then if it boots to Windows 10, with no problems, he can go into his bios, and see if it now shows up correctly. I was just asking him to do some basic steps, for trouble shooting purposes.

OldMike65, Jan 26, 2019
  3. SSD as Boot Drive? How?

Well, I have Windows installed on the SSD, along with the drivers and browser. Now, I'm trying to install other stuff (Steam, games, etc.), but the mechanical drive isn't showing. I'm sure I missed a step?

Chosen Juan, Jan 26, 2019
  4. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error

Windows 10 boot drive

Why do u even want a HDD/SSD that's 3TB for a operation system?

puma99dk|, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error

1. Windows 10 boots only from old SSD, EasyBCD shows logical drive error - Similar Threads - boots old SSD

2. Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive: I had a Dell XPS 8940 with a 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. The Dell 8940 XPS became inoperable after a power blackout. I bought a new Dell 8960 XPS with a 1TB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. I moved the old 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot...
  3. Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot from an old M.2 SSD Windows 11 drive: I had a Dell XPS 8940 with a 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. The Dell 8940 XPS became inoperable after a power blackout. I bought a new Dell 8960 XPS with a 1TB M.2 SSD and my boot drive and a 1TB data drive. I moved the old 512GB M.2 SSD and my boot...
  4. Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...: This is a somewhat unusual problem. I built a friend a new pc and installed windows from a cd onto the PC's ssd. After shutting down the pc after setting up windows I removed the CD drive and proceeded to boot up the PC and it is stuck on the motherboard's logo screen and...
  5. Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...: This is a somewhat unusual problem. I built a friend a new pc and installed windows from a cd onto the PC's ssd. After shutting down the pc after setting up windows I removed the CD drive and proceeded to boot up the PC and it is stuck on the motherboard's logo screen and...
  6. Windows will only boot if booting from CD drive with windows install disk and not from ssd...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Logical processor view only showing nodes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Logical processor view only showing nodes: Hello, I recently upgraded my workstation processors from 2x e5-2695v3 to e5-2695v4. After the hardware swap my task manager CPU view is not showing all 72 threads. Its important to note when the machine had 54 threads it would show individual cores on a graph. Now, all I...
  8. Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost boot from ssd ,now boots from old drive ,: Hello : Tonight my son's computer lost booting from his ssd , the old hard drive boots fine but slow . Need to make the new ssd drive bootable . Weird this worked for 1 month until tonight . 1903 version (os Build 18362.499) Ideas . thanks [img] [img] 144186
  9. Added SSD Drive for Windows only but desktop keeps booting from old HD

Added SSD Drive for Windows only but desktop keeps booting from old HD: Hey, So I've recently bought an SSD Drive soley for the purpose of running Windows. The original Hard Drive was a 2TB Samsung drive that I have since formatted and using for Storage only. Installed Windows 10 on the SSD and the machine is working great, boots up in aound...
  10. Win 10 installed on new SSD, still boots from old drive.

Win 10 installed on new SSD, still boots from old drive.: Ill try and be short and specific: -I installed win 10 on a spanking new SSD. -I did not unistall or do any changes to my win 7 installation my old SSD. -Installation went fine. *Party -I get an option to boot win 10 or win 7 every time i boot. This annoys me. *Mad...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an attempt was made to change the boot partition to a logical drive which is not allowed

2. easybcd logical partition