Windows 10: Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

Discus and support Windows 10 boots only in safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItsNotNeilHere, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

I recently updated my laptop (HP ProBook 6470b) to windows 10. All went well , and I started to install the windows updates (just as everyone does) around a minute or so , the screen goes black. I can see the cursor , but nothing else. The windows also played some sounds. I tried restarting it and it just goes past the windows logo and loading animation and I get a lit up black screen. I tried to boot into safe mode and it works normally.

Also , when I uninstall the graphics drivers , it works for around 30 sec on the next restart , and then I get a black screen again.

submitted by /u/ItsNotNeilHere
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ItsNotNeilHere, Jul 30, 2020

2. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

Good Evening,
    I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.
    The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running
    Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?
    Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated
    Kind regards
    Trevor

trevstonbury, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 only booting into safe mode (not normal or safe mode with networking)

Good Evening,

I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were
    installed and cleared any pending ones but it still won't boot properly. I have also run the troubleshooter and tried to recovery to an earlier date which also doesn't work.

The laptop is a HP ENVY 17 notebook. At boot it just gets to the HP logo with the circular loading icon and no further and can only boot it into safe mode. Can anyone recommend the next steps? I have also tried the following;

• stopping startup items
    • uninstalling hardware drivers
    • removing recent software
    • running troubleshooters at boot
    • sfc scan
    • diagnostic/selective startups with minimal services running

Would the fact that I cant boot into Safe Mode with Networking imply its a network driver related issue?

Bit of a dead end really, any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards

Trevor

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

TrevorJones1, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 boots only in safe mode

1. Windows 10 boots only in safe mode - Similar Threads - boots safe mode

2. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  3. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking: Have a PC which won’t boot into windows 10. Was working until recently. It hangs on the windows loading screen.I can reboot into safe mode fine but I want to save files to usb as a backup. Many are one OneDrive so won’t allow me to do this. If I boot into safe mode with...
  4. Windows 10 will boot in safe mode but not safe mode with networking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 - Can suddenly only boot in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 - Can suddenly only boot in safe mode: My system suddenly started booting into a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After few tries, I can choose from different Startup Options and Safe Mode with network still works. I plugged in a freshly created Windows 10 Boot Media USB...
  6. AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    AlienWare labtop will only boot into safe mode: Hey so basically I have an Alienware labtop and I was using it two days ago and I shut it down, if I remember correctly it updated, then it tried to reboot or something and an error popped up. Didn't think much about, the next day I turn it on the same error pops up and it...
  7. Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10- Can only boot in Safe Mode: PC working fine this morning, tried it after lunch (about an hour ago), and it boots to a blue screen that says it encountered a problem with startup and will reboot. After 2 tries, it finally comes up in a screen where I can try advanced options; Things I've tried from...
  8. Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashing and only boots in Safe Mode.: So last night my computer froze, not BSOD, just froze. I had to manually restart as I couldn't open the task manager or anything. When I did that it would get to the Windows splash screen and then the monitor would lose a signal and I'm assuming it froze again. I was able...
  9. PC will only boot into Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC will only boot into Safe mode: Hello, My PC has been stable for several months, since I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. On Friday something changed (not triggered by any user action) and the PC is now no longer able to boot successfully. The boot cycle now goes BIOS->Blue Windows logo with spinning...
  10. Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot into Normal/Safe Mode with Networking, only safe mode...: Good Evening, I could do with some pointers on resolving an issue. I can only boot into windows in safe mode in Windows 10. Normal mode and safe mode with networking doesn't work. The problem occurred after a windows update. I have removed the latest updates that were...