Windows 10: Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.

Discus and support Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So for no reason, about a week ago, my laptop started taking around 5 minutes to go to sleep. When it comes back from sleep it alsos takes another 5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Greylinx, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Greylinx Win User

Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.

So for no reason, about a week ago, my laptop started taking around 5 minutes to go to sleep. When it comes back from sleep it alsos takes another 5 mins or more before I can enter my password. Also when I turn it on, it gets stuck on the windows logo with the spinning thing for 5 minutes aswell. But when I finally log in, it works fine, no slows or freezes or crashes, just during boot and sleep. Weird. I have not installed any program in weeks so I dunno why this started. Also, I have w10 updated to the latest version available. Just wondering if anyone has/had this problem and can help me out. Thanks!

:)

Greylinx, Jul 9, 2016

2. Windows 10 boots slower than 8.1

Thanks for your answer. Problem is solved. It is stange, but all I have to do it was changing into English settings and than restart my computer. No other settings was neccessary to do and after changing back into Czech language it is OK after restarting.
    So I am happy now and problem solved!

Václav Konipásek, Jul 9, 2016
  3. Windows 10 boots slower than 8.1

Solved

I set all instances of "EnableUlps" to "0". (see below) What took over two minutes to boot from hibernation, now takes about 16 seconds. Much faster than Windows 8.1.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-power/windows-10-slow-boot-up/59acc731-b99e-48f1-9b0b-8d43b89381b6?auth=1

Ultra Low Power State (UPLS) is a device power saving "feature" in Windows 8 & 10. It causes delayed boot time that results in a black screen for upwards of 20+ seconds before
    login screen displays. Here is the fix for both Windows 8 & 10.

Disable Ultra Low Power State (UPLS) by doing the following.

(In the start menu, type regedit and hit enter. Confirm.)

1.) Disabling ULPS can be done by opening regedit and going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

2.) Change EnableUlps from 1 to 0 inside the 0000 and 0001 or 0003 keys.

3.) Restart your computer. Startup time will return to normal.

Albert LaMancha, Jul 9, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.

1. Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual. - Similar Threads - boots sleeps slower

2. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  3. Internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I notice it recently but my download and upload sleep was dropping. I notice it by playing my game and I keep lagging. I check always my adapter and network but ther seems no problem. Is there any options to check what causes this?...
  4. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  5. internet becoming slower and slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet becoming slower and slower than usual: I don't know what may cause the prboelm but I notice that my download and upload speed is deopping I noticed it when I'm playing my game, however I don't know what might be the reason behind it, I always do troubleshootimg in network adapter but recently it's not working...
  6. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  7. Internet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet slower than usual: I have been facing network issues since the morning. While playing Minecraft, I'm facing a lot of lags that did not happen in the past. Confused, I ran windows network diagnostics, but it couldn't identify the problem. Then I tried troubleshooting the network adapter, didn't...
  8. PC Booting up slower than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Booting up slower than usual: So this happened 3 days ago suddenly, The PC starts up, I see the blue windows logo with spinning dots, Then the video output goes out for a second, Then I see just the spinning dots and the blue windows logo is not there, then it takes 10-20min to boot up, which is not...
  9. Ethernet slower than usual

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet slower than usual: Recently, I moved my PC to another area and now the ethernet went from 120 mpbs download speed to 30. The router and everything is right next to the PC, but yet the ethernet speed was cut in four. What happened and how do I fix it?...
  10. Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 boots/sleeps way slower than usual.: So for no reason, about a week ago, my laptop started taking around 5 minutes to go to sleep. When it comes back from sleep it alsos takes another 5 mins or more before I can enter my password. Also when I turn it on, it gets stuck on the windows logo with the spinning thing...