Windows 10: Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor

Discus and support Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I boot my computer, about 40% of the time, I get stuck on a black screen. I see the cursor there, spinning happily, but nothing happens. I see no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LighthopeEF, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor

When I boot my computer, about 40% of the time, I get stuck on a black screen. I see the cursor there, spinning happily, but nothing happens. I see no activity on my SSD. It will just hang there.

When I hit the power button, it goes into shutdown mode, but often I have to hard power down otherwise it still just hangs there.

Also, when I do get Windows running, it will freeze for 30 seconds or longer. Sometimes I have to do a hard shut down, but generally it will unfreeze and continue working.

Thoughts?

I am running Windows 1909. I try to update and it keeps giving me an error.

:)

LighthopeEF, Nov 11, 2020

2. Windows 10 Black Spinning Circle with Cursor Pointer Before Login screen

I am in Windows 10 14393.2046 Build and during Boot I am Experiencing Black screen with a cursor and spinning circle ,having updated my Graphics Card Drivers Up to Date and Windows 10 1607 Cumulative Updates too.Since i didnt have any startup issues in
    Windows 8.1 ,10240 as well as 10586 builds and i performed all troubleshooting steps and annoyed me.I can say that it is a windows issue and you have to sort it out ,only problem is

• Windows Logo Spinning Circle
    • Black Screen spinning Circle
    • Login

sasikumar4395, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck on black screen after boot.

Hi guys, I'm having an issue with my laptop. Updated to Windows 10 Pro x64 about a month ago. Two days ago I shutdown the system just fine but just yesterday when I booted it, it got past the Acer logo during boot followed by a black screen as usual... BUT it stuck there forever. Restarted it multiple times, same result. Sometimes the cursor shows up but its useless as its just the cursor. *Confused

Tried the following things.

• Tried CTRL + SHIFT + ESC for task manager but nothing came up.
    • Tried CTRL + ALT t+ DEL still nothing.
    • Went through recovery options then selected safe mode but, to my surprise, the same result.
    • Then used the chkdsk command through cmd in recovery options, didn't find any problem.
    • Ran the sfc /scannow command from boot, didn't found any integrity violations. *Shock

Any suggestions? I still have to try system restore though. *Think

NeptuneSpear, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor

Stuck at black screen with spinning circle on boot after 1803 update

After I updated my Windows 10 to 1803, my PC can't boot. Stuck at a black screen(no windows logo) with a spinning circle , no HDD indicator activity. However, I can enter safe mode. What is the problem?

ztartennery, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor

1. Windows 10 boots, stuck at black screen with spinning cursor - Similar Threads - boots stuck black

2. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.: Before this happen I opened task manager my cpu was at 100% used while I had no apps open i decided to restart my pc after that it just got stuck on the spinning circle. Tried to full restart my pc but i didn’t let me and i don’t know what to do. I’m not sure what it is. I...
  3. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.: Before this happen I opened task manager my cpu was at 100% used while I had no apps open i decided to restart my pc after that it just got stuck on the spinning circle. Tried to full restart my pc but i didn’t let me and i don’t know what to do. I’m not sure what it is. I...
  4. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Black screen, spinning dots and cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen, spinning dots and cursor: When i start my computer, when motherboard logo disappear, there is just spinning dots an cursor and it never start up. But when i go to safe mode and uninstall gpu driver, it starts up normally. PS i tried to delete uptades and all that.(sorry for my bad English) submitted...
  6. Black screen with blue spinning cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen with blue spinning cursor: Can somebody help me?! My lenovo g570 windows computer doesn't boot up. It'll get past the windows logo, but then quickly the screen will turn black with a blue spinning circle. I can only access my bios settings. No hotkeys seem to work for me, I can't access recovery mode...
  7. Black screen with blue spinning cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen with blue spinning cursor: Can somebody help me?! My lenovo g570 windows computer doesn't boot up. It'll get past the windows logo, but then quickly the screen will turn black with a blue spinning circle. I can only access my bios settings. No hotkeys seem to work for me, I can't access recovery mode...
  8. Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, stuck at black screen with loading spinning circle: Hello, We tried many times this steps, but nothing is happen: Press and hold the power button until the computer shuts down. Press the power button again As soon as the spinning wheel starts, press and hold the power button Repeat until automatic repair starts (usually...
  9. Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Can't boot stuck in black screen with blinking cursor: Yesterday suddenly win 10 stop , then return blue screen with the message win need to repair and we will restarted for you , then win boot into black screen with blinking underscore . I try to boot win from usb to use repair but it's return cant repair your pc , then through...
  10. Windows boots to black screen, no cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots to black screen, no cursor: Windows 10 Prof x64 Sager Laptop, i7 NVidia 980M<br /><br /> This morning I resumed my computer back from sleep and different programs started hanging. So, I decided to restart. I restarted my computer and it stayed on the restart screen for ages, like 30 minutes. So I...