Windows 10: Windows 10 boots to Welcome Screen instead of OOBE

Discus and support Windows 10 boots to Welcome Screen instead of OOBE in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If when you turn on a new Windows 10 device for the first time your device starts on the Welcome Screen, which displays Other user, […] This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 12, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 boots to Welcome Screen instead of OOBE

WinClub, May 12, 2020

2. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Screen instead of desktop?

Windows 10 Boot to Start Screen

When you start your Windows 10 PC, it will automatically boot to the desktop.

Steps to make Windows 10 boot to Start Screen:

Step 1: Go to replace the Start Menu with the Start Screen.

Step 2: Turn on the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog.

Right-tap any blank area on the taskbar, and choose Properties in the menu.

Step 3: Deselect related setting in the Navigation settings.

Click the Navigation tab, deselect the setting called When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start, and then choose OK.

Later, when you restart or log in your PC, the computer will boot to Start Screen instead of desktop.

Pradeep Trout, May 12, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, May 12, 2020
  4. Sharief K Win User

Windows 8.1 boot screen instead of Windows 10

Hi,

• How did you install Windows 10?
    • Is it an upgrade or custom install?

I suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type msconfig and hit enter.
    • Click on the Boot tab.
    • Select Windows 10 from the list and click on set as default.
    • Click on Apply and ok.

Hope it helps. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to reply. We will be glad to assist you.

Sharief K, May 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 boots to Welcome Screen instead of OOBE - Similar Threads - boots Welcome Screen

2. Windows 10 Welcome Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Welcome Screen: Hi, I’m using a work computer and one of my assistants somehow got the system stuck on the windows welcome screen. I’ve looked up videos that could solve the issue my only problem is I have no way to turn off the pc because the system is locked inside a server rack that no...
  3. Keeps booting into OOBE screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keeps booting into OOBE screen: I was run sysprep accidentally in Windows 11 from my Inbuilt administrator account. But, now the windows keeps booting into OOBE setup. Unable to exit from the OOBE screen after multiple restart. Same time tried to create a local offline account but keeps force into connect...
  4. Keeps booting into OOBE screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keeps booting into OOBE screen: I was run sysprep accidentally in Windows 11 from my Inbuilt administrator account. But, now the windows keeps booting into OOBE setup. Unable to exit from the OOBE screen after multiple restart. Same time tried to create a local offline account but keeps force into connect...
  5. Azure OOBE / Welcome Screen Users Logging in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure OOBE / Welcome Screen Users Logging in: Good morning,We have our computers at work connected to Azure & the team have been logging in out of Windows 10 perfectly for 12 months. One of my users logged in on the reception team today & we got "Desktop is preparing/ Setting Up Windows/ Won't be long/ almost there"...
  6. Azure OOBE / Welcome Screen Users Logging in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Azure OOBE / Welcome Screen Users Logging in: Good morning,We have our computers at work connected to Azure & the team have been logging in out of Windows 10 perfectly for 12 months. One of my users logged in on the reception team today & we got "Desktop is preparing/ Setting Up Windows/ Won't be long/ almost there"...
  7. Azure OOBE / Welcome Screen Users Logging in

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows 10 Welcome Screen

Windows 10 Welcome Screen: I have reviewed two W10 books and can not find an answer. My welcome screen shows my name and welcome against a very out-of-focus picture of the Microsoft picture of the beach scene. I would like to change the photo or just get it in focus. Everything else in in focus...
  9. Windows 10 welcome screen

Windows 10 welcome screen: How do I sharpen a blurry welcome screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-welcome-screen/64c9cbf2-f277-446e-9ad0-9fe6c0fcca8e
  10. Windows 10 Boot hanging on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot hanging on welcome screen: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 last night and the boot time has gotten significantly slower. I have an Samsung 840 Pro SSD and with windows 7 the welcome screen would only flash up for a second then I would be logged in. With Windows 10 it hangs for around 8-10...