Windows 10: Windows 10 bootup issues and performance

Discus and support Windows 10 bootup issues and performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my Toshiba satellite laptop was updated to Windows 10 sometime ago, on a open download from windows. it originally had Windows 8. So I left the pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KennethStauber, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Windows 10 bootup issues and performance

So my Toshiba satellite laptop was updated to Windows 10 sometime ago, on a open download from windows. it originally had Windows 8. So I left the pc on for a week and when I went to wake it up from sleep it wasn't responsive. So I turned the pc off and still no response then it went to a perpetual loop where it was diagnosing, repairing etc....with the spinning circle for hr's /days. I finally got to the troubleshoot window and ran everything that could be done. Nothing worked. I finally restarted so many time it finally got to the sign on screen but not before multiple reparing windows and then I had this come across the bottom, 'Boot Configuration Data File is Missing' Error so then I am questioning the health of my Windows 10. So what is it I need to instsall download or replace on this to get it running smotth again. It was fine prior to this issue just to mention and when I am now able to log in every function is supper slow and freezes for a spell. Any help would be grestly appreciated.

Ken

:)

KennethStauber, Feb 28, 2019

2. Performance issues with File Explorer in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if this helps.

I would suggest you to perform System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer and check if it fixes the issue.

Please follow the steps to perform System maintenance check to improve performance of the computer:

• Press Windows and x key together and select Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left side panel.

• Click on System Maintenance and follow the onscreen instructions.

I also suggest you to install the latest Windows updates and check.

Windows Update helps keep your computer up to date with the latest system updates and drivers. You can check Windows Update manually to help ensure you have the latest updates.

• Hit Windows Key and type

• Type Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Updates

• Click on Check for updates
      and install the latest windows updates.
    Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Issues with the performance and the connectivity in Windows 10

Hi Krishna,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

1. When you say “connectivity” what is the exact issue you are facing?

2. Did you make any changes in the settings of the system prior to this issue?

As you say that the system is slow and the file explorer doesn't responds well i suggest you to perform the System Maintenance troubleshooter which improves the performance of the computer. Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter

Please follow the steps to run System Maintenance troubleshooter on the computer:

• Type “Control Panel” on the search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.
    • Click on System Maintenance option.
    • Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions to troubleshoot the issue.
    • Check if it has improved the performance.
    If you are facing issues with the connectivity I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article and perform all the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Fix network connection issues

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-network-connection-issues

Hope this helps in issues with the performance of the computer and the connectivity.
    Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 bootup issues and performance

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 bootup issues and performance

1. Windows 10 bootup issues and performance - Similar Threads - bootup issues performance

2. Win 10 BootUp issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 BootUp issue: I have a Ideacentre 510A, i5-9400CPU, 20GB 20 gb memory and all Win10 updates are current. My issue is that when booting the system not boot directly to the home screen. The following appears: > Checking Media Presence > Media Present >Star PXE over IPVC on...
  3. Incredibly slow bootup time, but excellent performance after bootup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Incredibly slow bootup time, but excellent performance after bootup: I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 with 1 TB HDD, 8GB RAM and a Ryzen 5 2500U. In the past few months, the boot up time of my laptop has increased substantially( to about 4-5 minutes), but once it's loaded, everything works perfectly and fast, like it used to. Is there any...
  4. Windows 10 Performance Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hey. I noticed recently that Windows 10 runs sluggishly on my PC. Normal answers include low HD/RAM space, both of which I have more than enough of for Win. 10. In fact, I actually recently installed Windows 10 on my friend's high-end computer, and it seems to run really...
  5. Windows 10 Performance issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Performance issue: Hello there, My Windows 10 PC , was running fine for months, but from last week abruptly started slowing, as soon as windows logs on, no internet connection(connected via Wifi) even though i could connect through laptops and phone devices, commands @ command prompt isnt...
  6. windows 10 performance issue

windows 10 performance issue: auto restart and slow one app open take 10 second how to fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-performance-issue/ae68cf08-d670-4b49-90b3-cb4c6ffc8cd9
  7. Windows 10 Performance Issues

Windows 10 Performance Issues: Hello Microsoft Community, I am having some performance problems on my Acer Aspire 3. The CPU usage is always at 100%, sometimes the hard drive usage is also at 100%, I found corrupted files when using sfc /scannow. The processor is AMD A4, which is a processor I have never...
  8. Windows 10 Performance issue

Windows 10 Performance issue: Why is it that lately the screen on one of my Windows 10 PCs just goes blank and displays the following message: “Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Medium in selected Boot device and press a key” Then, if I turn off the PC and restart, Windows 10 boots...
  9. Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue

Windows 10 Dual Versions bootup issue: So my current issue is that I have a "technical" two versions of windows on my drives. One is Windows 10 Home (the one that boots) and Regular windows 10 (does not boot, press f9 at start to reach windows 10 home) I migrated my windows files over to a SSD I got as a gift,...
  10. Windows 10 performance issue

Windows 10 performance issue: Hello, I bought a new laptop with the following configuration 1. 1TB HDD 2. 4 GB RAM 3. Intel i3 8 gen 4. Windows 10 From the start of the day, it's taking more than 20 sec to respond on any action, Like File Explorer, Edge etc I didn't installed any external...