Windows 10: Windows 10 branch users - IPSec site to site VPN

Discus and support Windows 10 branch users - IPSec site to site VPN in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, This is my first post in this forum. I have encountered a problem on Windows 10 computers located in a remote site. The branch is connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Cooper R53, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 branch users - IPSec site to site VPN

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum.

I have encountered a problem on Windows 10 computers located in a remote site. The branch is connected to head office via Cisco router using IPSec site to site VPN. All Windows 10 computers are unable to authenticate in the head office active directory.

The Windows 10 primary DNS is the head office AD. I can ping and telnet all the AD ports from the Windows 10 computer.

I have tried the registry fix as well but it did not work.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au...ipsec-server-behind-a-nat-t-device-in-windows

Windows 7 computers are working fine. I am wondering what is the setting in Windows 10 that I can change to fix this issue.

Thank you.

:)

Cooper R53, Apr 1, 2019

2. StoneGate IPsec VPN on Win10

Hello,

Is there a version of StoneGate IPsec VPN that supports Windows 10.

RegardsSatya

satya.dhenuvakonda, Apr 1, 2019
  3. jb6546513 Win User
    Windows 10 IPsec VPN Troubles

Hello,

I am having intermittent problems with the built in Windows 10 IPsec VPN client. I have it working to a Meraki FW. However, from time to time settings change on my automatically. The type of sign on will change from user/password to 'General authentication
    method'. Another setting that changes frequently is under the VPN adaptor settings on the security tab. Authentication allowed protocols will switch from 'unecrypted password (PAP)' to MC-CHAP v2. These changes cause the VPN to not connect until i manually
    change them back.

What would cause windows to change these VPN settings?

Thanks

JB

jb6546513, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows 10 branch users - IPSec site to site VPN

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 branch users - IPSec site to site VPN

1. Windows 10 branch users - IPSec site to site VPN - Similar Threads - branch users IPSec

2. After using vpn, sites not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After using vpn, sites not loading: Hi,I have a very specific problem and it's kind of a long shot that anyone knows how to fix it, but: I have a VPN from my university, and I was trying to see if I could use it on off campus wifi. I turned it on and tried to access a couple sites on pubmed, but it took a lot...
  3. After using vpn, sites not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After using vpn, sites not loading: Hi,I have a very specific problem and it's kind of a long shot that anyone knows how to fix it, but: I have a VPN from my university, and I was trying to see if I could use it on off campus wifi. I turned it on and tried to access a couple sites on pubmed, but it took a lot...
  4. Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN: Hey all, I have a client who has three homes connected to each other with a site-to-site VPN. He can be at Home A and access any IP at Home B and Home C. He has a large music folder and would like to have that folder sync to the folders at his other two homes. For example,...
  5. Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN

in Windows 10 Support
    Syncing folders over Site-to-Site VPN: Hey all, I have a client who has three homes connected to each other with a site-to-site VPN. He can be at Home A and access any IP at Home B and Home C. He has a large music folder and would like to have that folder sync to the folders at his other two homes. For example,...
  6. Syncing Folders over site-to-site VPN

Syncing Folders over site-to-site VPN: Hello, I have a client who has three homes which are permanently connected over a site-to-site VPN, so all three networks are accessible from any of the three sites. He has a desktop PC at each home. He would like to have a single music folder on each PC which sync to each...
  7. Windows 10 blocking access to VPN sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 blocking access to VPN sites: Have just got a new HP Notebook. I want to use a VPN but Windows won't let me access their site or those of any 3rd party download sites, saying 'This site can't be reached'. There's nothing amiss at the VPN site's end as I can access it fine on another PC. The Notebook came...
  8. are there any free vpn sites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    are there any free vpn sites: are there any free vpn sites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/are-there-any-free-vpn-sites/30118a05-82c5-40d7-9139-a95500138014"
  9. Windows 10 IPsec VPN Troubles

Windows 10 IPsec VPN Troubles: Hello, I am having intermittent problems with the built in Windows 10 IPsec VPN client. I have it working to a Meraki FW. However, from time to time settings change on my automatically. The type of sign on will change from user/password to 'General authentication method'....
  10. SAMBA WINS Server + IPsec SIte to Site VPN = Browsing Service Not Work

SAMBA WINS Server + IPsec SIte to Site VPN = Browsing Service Not Work: I have setup a Site-to-Site VPN using Sophos UTM at each end. I set up an Ubuntu VM as a WINS Server using Samba. So far so good. VPN Works. My problem is with the WINS Server. I have taken two Windows 10 computers and for both of them added the IP of the WINS server...