Windows 10: Windows 10 breaking / failing

Discus and support Windows 10 breaking / failing in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is a copy paste from a reddit post of mine So I have recently 24-48hrs ago realized that my mouse stopped working. Turned out it was not my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jrdonat, Apr 6, 2020.

1. jrdonat Win User

Windows 10 breaking / failing

This is a copy paste from a reddit post of mine

So I have recently 24-48hrs ago realized that my mouse stopped working. Turned out it was not my mouse but the USB ports/drivers. When I go check for hardware changes, the USB driver is not working, error at code 10 or smtg Latest drivers, nothing seemed wrong. I proceeded to go check for windows updates and find that everything on the update related settings crashes or does not load; so I checked out the update troubleshoot and that freezes up at "Checking for pending updates". I then went to check windows defender, but everything there is broken at and nothing will show / load. I then downloaded Avast anti-malware It removed some malware but not the problem. So after I scanned my device using sfc /scannow, nothing, all malware detectors are showing null. I go browsing forums and support pages and nothing rely helps. I go to try and re-wind my windows updates but I cannot for everything in that area of settings freezes up. I'm at a loss and need help.

Effects are:
    - Mouse not working, assumed anything else relating with the USB ports not woring
    - Windows Update is broken, everything loads infinitely to crashes/freezes up

- Windows defender is straight-up not working in any way

- Sleep mode refuses to wake back up Have to shutdown then restart

- Issues are also occurring in safemode With or without internet

- CPU is almost always high

- Computer slooooooooow. Games slowing down

- Probably more settings issues

Maybe useful information:

- Computer is Acer Nitro 5
    - Windows 1909

- I cannot see what my last update is

I've done quite a lot of malware scanning, nm is found.

In advance, thank you.

:)

jrdonat, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro and Ergnomic Break Reminder

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you remember installing any break reminder software?

It looks like it is a pop up from a break reminder software.

I suggest you to look for this in Programs in features and uninstall it if do not use it.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run Command

• Type Appwiz.cpl and hit enter

• Search for the programs and un-install it.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Windows 10 breaking / failing

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 breaking / failing

1. Windows 10 breaking / failing - Similar Threads - breaking failing

2. Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 breaks keyboard after all updates are complete: Why is windows 11 disabling keyboard drivers after it updates it self? I've tried everything on the internet to get it to work without success. Even a usb keyboard will not work. Ran SFC and DISM, reinstalled windows 11 over top of itself that also did not work. Please help...
  3. windows breaks and back side button on mouse fails to work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows breaks and back side button on mouse fails to work: Very very commonly my windows 10 completely doesnt work basically. I cannot click on the taskbar, file explorer, task manager or anything like that. The only way I have found to fix said issue temporaily would be having windows open an admin dialog. I usually do this by:...
  4. windows breaks and back side button on mouse fails to work

windows breaks and back side button on mouse fails to work: Very very commonly my windows 10 completely doesnt work basically. I cannot click on the taskbar, file explorer, task manager or anything like that. The only way I have found to fix said issue temporaily would be having windows open an admin dialog. I usually do this by:...
  5. windows breaks and back side button on mouse fails to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Latest Windows 11 Cumulative Update KB5013943 is breaking device drivers and fails to install.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 11 Cumulative Update KB5013943 is breaking device drivers and fails to install.: I have a microsoft Surface Pro 7 and one morning I started it to the Type Cover not working anymore.I found out that overnight it tried to update to Cumulative Update for Windows 11 x64 devices version KB5013943 and failed error Code 0x80070002. I suppose that while trying it...
  7. Latest Windows 11 Cumulative Update KB5013943 is breaking device drivers and fails to install.

Latest Windows 11 Cumulative Update KB5013943 is breaking device drivers and fails to install.: I have a microsoft Surface Pro 7 and one morning I started it to the Type Cover not working anymore.I found out that overnight it tried to update to Cumulative Update for Windows 11 x64 devices version KB5013943 and failed error Code 0x80070002. I suppose that while trying it...
  8. Onedrive fails to update and breaks in Enterprise environment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive fails to update and breaks in Enterprise environment: We are an enterprise environment Windows 10 - Onedrive is installed with /allusers parameter. When onedrive attempts to updates itself, it fails and breaks onedrive that is currently installed. We now have we manually install onedrive by navigating to the new version folder...
  9. Windows 10 KB4517389 breaks Edge browser and fails to install

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4517389 breaks Edge browser and fails to install: Microsoft says it’s not aware of any critical known issues in Windows 10 KB4517389 for May 2019 Update, but some users are reporting Start menu and Microsoft Edge failures after applying Windows 10 KB4517389. KB4517389, which is a security update and installs automatically...
  10. USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB ports keep failing or wifi adapter breaks pc or usb to hdmi breaks my pc.: Hello, so my desktops usb ports keep disconnecting after probably about 5 minutes after powering up. I have a custom built gaming computer that doesnt connect wirelessly to wifi so i use a usb converter thing to get wifi, thats the first thing that stops. but weirdly, if i...