Windows 10: Windows 10 Brightness Control Keys not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Brightness Control Keys not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; my HP laptop has 2 brightness control keys on f3 and f4they used to work fine but suddenly they stopped working but when I turn on the fn key they work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MoJolt, Feb 9, 2021.

1. /u/MoJolt Win User

Windows 10 Brightness Control Keys not working

my HP laptop has 2 brightness control keys on f3 and f4they used to work fine but suddenly they stopped working but when I turn on the fn key they work as f keys normally

submitted by /u/MoJolt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MoJolt, Feb 9, 2021
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 9, 2021
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Feb 9, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Brightness Control Keys not working - Similar Threads - Brightness Control Keys

2. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Control Not Working: Hello,I have an MSI GP66 11UH laptop with an RTX 3080. Whenever I turn on the discreet graphics mode, i.e., use only the graphics card and not the intel integrated graphics, the brightness on my laptop gets dim and stays that way, even though the brightness is set to 100....
  3. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Control Not Working: Hello,I have an MSI GP66 11UH laptop with an RTX 3080. Whenever I turn on the discreet graphics mode, i.e., use only the graphics card and not the intel integrated graphics, the brightness on my laptop gets dim and stays that way, even though the brightness is set to 100....
  4. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Control Not Working: Yesterday 6-16-22 I installed the new feature update and it killed brightness control. Moving the slider in settings > display does absolutely nothing; 1 and 99 are the same brightness.Today 6-17-22, I uninstalled that update, and yet brightness control is STILL broken....
  5. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Control Not Working: Yesterday 6-16-22 I installed the new feature update and it killed brightness control. Moving the slider in settings > display does absolutely nothing; 1 and 99 are the same brightness.Today 6-17-22, I uninstalled that update, and yet brightness control is STILL broken....
  6. Brightness Control Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Brightness control not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness control not working: I've tried all the methods to fix this ; updating drivers, reinstalling and updating windows, sfc in cmd. The problem started when my display wasn't working and I had to repair my laptop. After I got it repaired the brightness control stopped working. I've connected my laptop...
  8. Brightness controll is not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Brightness controll is not working.: Brightness settings are showing there but any change that i can do either increase or decrease the brightness. please help me to solve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-controll-is-not-working/2b314582-17e6-4ebd-9f87-6fc5065cc94d
  9. Brightness keys not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness keys not working: Hi,. My brightness keys have stopped functioning after I updated my drivers. I have tried the usual hacks posted in previous discussion threads but nothing seems to be working. Can you please help? Thank you....
  10. Brightness control not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness control not working: I am unable to lower brightness in my newly purchased laptop. I have tried updating display adapters and installing MS Basic Display Adapter but no use. Brightness cannot be changed through any setting or fn keys. Model: Asus ROG GU501GM...