Windows 10: Windows 10 brightness control

Discus and support Windows 10 brightness control in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have windows 10 on surface laptop and i have noticed that the brightness changes automatically based on the background that you currently have on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnnyCage[ACE], Dec 31, 2018.

1. Windows 10 brightness control

I have windows 10 on surface laptop and i have noticed that the brightness changes automatically based on the background that you currently have on the screen. I have unchecked the box where it says "change brightness automatically when when lightning changes" in the settings. i have also marked that i do not have the "intel HD graphics" in my context menu to turn of the power saving mode (which might be causing the issue). the last thing is that i also checked that there is no adaptive display in the power options. i have checked for updates to the driver through device manager and run sfc /scannow but i have not encountered any issues. any ideas how to turn off this feature because it is getting on my nerves. please help and thank you in advance

:)

JohnnyCage[ACE], Dec 31, 2018
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jan 10, 2020
  3. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jan 10, 2020
  4. sammy Win User

Windows 10 brightness control

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 brightness control

1. Windows 10 brightness control - Similar Threads - brightness control

2. Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...: The slider is not showing, if i go to the settings i change it there is not any change in the screen, i reinstall the drivers but it doesnt seems to make any difference....
  3. Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant change the brightness in Windows 11 new installation, i try reinstalling controllers...: The slider is not showing, if i go to the settings i change it there is not any change in the screen, i reinstall the drivers but it doesnt seems to make any difference....
  4. Cannot change brightness in Windows 10 ***SOLVED*** using GeForce Nvidia Control Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change brightness in Windows 10 ***SOLVED*** using GeForce Nvidia Control Panel: In the taskbar on the bottom right, if you don't see the NVIDIA Settings icon, left click the ^ to open the list of all icons on the taskbar. When you see it, left click the NVIDIA Settings icon. This will open the NVIDIA Control Panel. In the NVIDIA control panel on the left...
  5. Cannot change brightness in Windows 10 ***SOLVED*** using GeForce Nvidia Control Panel

Cannot change brightness in Windows 10 ***SOLVED*** using GeForce Nvidia Control Panel: In the taskbar on the bottom right, if you don't see the NVIDIA Settings icon, left click the ^ to open the list of all icons on the taskbar. When you see it, left click the NVIDIA Settings icon. This will open the NVIDIA Control Panel. In the NVIDIA control panel on the left...
  6. Cannot change brightness in Windows 10 ***SOLVED*** using GeForce Nvidia Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. No brightness control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  8. No brightness control

No brightness control: I just got a new monitor, and the brightness was really high. So I thought to change it, except there's no brightness slider anywhere. I checked the display settings and the power settings and it was not there. Where should it be?...
  9. I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...: I have tried several solutions from videos and other sites. Invariably, they get to a point where I'm supposed to click on an option to turn this feature on or off and I have no such option. One site gave me instructions to solve this problem by editing the registry but I'm...
  10. I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...

I cannot find a way to turn off adaptive brightness control. I have followed the...: I have tried several solutions from videos and other sites. Invariably, they get to a point where I'm supposed to click on an option to turn this feature on or off and I have no such option. One site gave me instructions to solve this problem by editing the registry but I'm...