Windows 10: Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

Discus and support Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I updated to windows 1909, and ever since I did that I've been having a strange brightness issue. I adjust my brightness to my liking in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoshHi, Apr 22, 2020.

1. JoshHi Win User

Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

Hello, I updated to windows 1909, and ever since I did that I've been having a strange brightness issue. I adjust my brightness to my liking in my nvidia control panel I make it less bright with gamma. But when I leave my computer idle, the screen saver turns on screen goes black, and then when I move my mouse to remove the screen saver my brightness settings "reset" or change or however you want to put it, and my screen goes back to being too bright again. And every time I remove the screen saver I have to go to nvidia control panel and re-adjust, it's highly irritating... Any thoughts?

:)

JoshHi, Apr 22, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 22, 2020
  3. brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update

1. Windows 10 brightness issue after 1909 update - Similar Threads - brightness issue 1909

2. Audio driver issue after windows update 1909

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio driver issue after windows update 1909: Hi. I have updated my windows with the new feature update, and suddenly my speaker audio quality dropped it sounds like a phone speaker now So here is my setup: MSI b350 gaming pro carbon motherboard AMD ryzen 2700x 32GB Corsair Vengeance pro ram Nvidia GeForce GTX...
  3. Windows 10 update 1909 Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 update 1909 Issue: Issue related to internet connection and restart/hibernation on windows after new update. My issue is related to only none edge browsers loading websites slow with some taking 5 minutes or more. This was random and if I tried to use the troubleshooting option the connection...
  4. Network Connectivity issues after Feature to Windows 10 1909 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Connectivity issues after Feature to Windows 10 1909 update: After having recently updated to Feature to Windows 10 1909 update I started having intermittent network/internet connectivity issues, particularly after my pc has been on sleep mode. So finally after resetting my network connection several times and trying every single...
  5. Adaptive Brightness issue in Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adaptive Brightness issue in Windows 10 1909: Auto Brightness not working. Drivers are up to date tried with Microsoft driver but still not working any idea. Like on Version 1809 when i plugged in charging it auto goes to 100% and if i unplugged it then it drops to 50 auto or where i set it to. i tried every solution...
  6. windows update 1909 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update 1909 issue: Hello i want update my windows to version 1909 but in instalation of this update windows tells me that i must uinstall mcafee endpoint security threat prevention but i alredy did it a also use MCPR but this program stopped on removing product MFP and stay like that until I...
  7. Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness issues after the 1809 October update.: So, I recently updated my windows version and eversince the update I cannot adjust my brightness. I tried using the keys on my keyboard and they are not responding and even manually adjusting it in settings has no effecct. I have also tried udating to the latest display...
  8. Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October

Brightness issue after updating windows 10 October: After updating windows 10 October (1809) I'm facing display brightness issue. It happens when I switch from any black background to white background or vice-versa (i.e. during switching if there is a color difference in the background), then in black background brightness...
  9. Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update

Windows Brightness issue after the 1809 update: hello , Yesterday I installed the 1809 update , and today i noticed that each time i restart my laptop the brightness level is being reset automatically to 0% or 25-50 i'm not really sure , and after windows will boot up , i will need to manually adjust the screen brightness...
  10. Brightness Issue after creators update.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...