Windows 10: Windows 10 brightness not working

Discus and support Windows 10 brightness not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is on a new windows surface pro 7 When I try to change the brightness using the F1 and F2 buttons, the icon at the top left corner jumps to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ununoctium118, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 brightness not working

This is on a new windows surface pro 7

When I try to change the brightness using the F1 and F2 buttons, the icon at the top left corner jumps to either ~25% or 50% there's no in between and further pressing does nothing and the actual screen brightness doesn't change.

The screen brightness bar is grayed out in the action center.

The automatically change brightness settings are missing from control panel - power options and battery settings.

I have tried using the Intel graphics command center to change the settings on auto brightness but they don't appear to do anything either.

the display adapter is from Intel. Intel Iris Plus Graphics

:)

Ununoctium118, Feb 25, 2020
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 25, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Feb 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 brightness not working

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Feb 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 brightness not working

1. Windows 10 brightness not working - Similar Threads - brightness working

2. Brightness slider not working in 2/3 Power Modes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider not working in 2/3 Power Modes: Hello,My brightness slider is not working in Options, nor in Quick Settings in 2/3 Power Modes Quiet and Balanced.Weirdly enough, it is working in High Performance mode. I've been searching the web and feel I've tried everything from *switching off/on multiple times* trying...
  3. Brightness slider not working in 2/3 Power Modes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider not working in 2/3 Power Modes: Hello,My brightness slider is not working in Options, nor in Quick Settings in 2/3 Power Modes Quiet and Balanced.Weirdly enough, it is working in High Performance mode. I've been searching the web and feel I've tried everything from *switching off/on multiple times* trying...
  4. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  5. My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?

My brightness increase button no longer works past a certain brightness?: My laptop's brightness buttons used to work as you would expect them too. Recently, I've noticed that my brightness increase button only works if the brightness is at or below around 20%. Otherwise it can't increase. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Seems like a...
  6. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  7. My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...

My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are work even this also but...: My brightness function key is not working...all the other keys are working...even that one is also working but when i press it...the brightness bar would go only one point up or down not more than thatbut the brighntess lvl remains same even on one point up or down please...
  8. Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...

Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...: System:Framework 13 with:-CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U-SSD: WD Black SN770 1TB-RAM: Crucial 32GB 2x16 5600mhz CTK16G56C46S5-Dock: ugreen usb c hub ethernet hdmi 4k 60hz SKU:10919I can't change the brightness of my screen, no matter what I do. The buttons don't work, settings don't...
  9. Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness change on new Framework Laptop doesn't work and can't use HDMI of usbc dock...: System:Framework 13 with:-CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 7640U-SSD: WD Black SN770 1TB-RAM: Crucial 32GB 2x16 5600mhz CTK16G56C46S5-Dock: ugreen usb c hub ethernet hdmi 4k 60hz SKU:10919I can't change the brightness of my screen, no matter what I do. The buttons don't work, settings don't...
  10. brightness slider is not working on windows 11

brightness slider is not working on windows 11: i have been facing this issue for a quite long time and its bugging me now. my laptop's brightness is at max. no matter where i move my slider, the brightness does not minimize. i once changed my graphics driver to monitor display basic adapter and fortunately laptop's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 no wifi found no brightness