Windows 10: Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing

Discus and support Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Guys, on my PC with latest windows (May Update) fresh install the brightness control is completely missing from any settings. I've tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveJess45, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing

Hello Guys,

on my PC with latest windows (May Update) fresh install the brightness control is completely missing from any settings.

I've tried to reinstall different graphics drivers, but nothing seems to work.

Is there anything you can advise?

Cheers!

Steven

:)

SteveJess45, Jul 9, 2019

2. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with an issue I am facing with the brightness options in Windows 10 Pro. I've owned this laptop for around 5 months now, and I've always been able to change the brightness on it as and when i please using either the function keys, or settings in battery menu or control panel display settings. All of a sudden after updating my PC to the Fall Creators Update (1709) when it was first released, I am no longer able to do this, along with options missing from the Windows Mobility Center. The option for brightness control is no longer in the Action Center, and I cannot enable/disable Night Light. Any search that I do within Windows for "Brightness" only brings up options for the visually impaired and so on. Furthermore, "Display" has disappeared from the control panel, but this could be due to the migration to the settings menu.

I wouldn't be too bothered about the screen brightness if it didn't have such an effect on my battery!

I've attached some screenshots to help explain.

Thanks.

Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing [​IMG]

thebritton, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

You can try using this, it is in the control panel

Josey Wales, Jul 9, 2019
  4. John Sarc Win User

Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing

1. Windows 10 Brightness Option Missing - Similar Threads - Brightness Option Missing

2. Adjust Brightness option is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjust Brightness option is missing: Windows brightness option was working till last month and now it is not showing, when i right click on power icon on right bottom it shows only power options and Windows Mobility Center. Driver for Display Adapter is already installed and working. Where do i find that option...
  3. Brightness - no adjustment options?

Brightness - no adjustment options?: Hi - I would like to adjust the brightness. The two methods I use on other computers are the keyboard or through the Control Panel/Display. The keyboard method does not work. The Control Panel method shows no adjustment option? I tried updating the Display Driver and it...
  4. Display and Brightness Options!

Display and Brightness Options!: Hey Microsoft! I'm not really much of an entrepreneur, and I don't really know if this fit's into the whole "question" category, but I've got a few pointers for you! Actually just one! While I'm fond of the power of 2019's inferno bright computer screens burning the...
  5. Windows 10 brightness option

Windows 10 brightness option: hello friend I have Lenovo x240 thinkpad which installed win 10 pro 64 bit I am installed graphic intel original driver download by site and update every driver. here facing problem in windows not show brightness and color option not show also missing in power option...
  6. Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options: My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager -...
  7. Brightness Option is not show

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Option is not show: Hello I installed Windows 10 Build 1809 as a clean install on my laptop But I see a strange problem? Look at the pictures: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] There is also no Adjust Screen Brightness in the power plan settings. I reviewed all the solutions but did not make any difference....
  8. Brightness options completely missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness options completely missing: I have a Pavilion g6 2359 which usually is installed from recovery. Since I wanted to do clean Win10 install I chose to install from USB instead, missing all automated drivers ect from recovery. One thing that is really bothering me is I cannot adjust the brightness....
  9. Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10: Brightness Options Missing?: Hi all, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me out with an issue I am facing with the brightness options in Windows 10 Pro. I've owned this laptop for around 5 months now, and I've always been able to change the brightness on it as and when i please using...
  10. No option to change brightness

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to change brightness: Hi everyone, i just moved my computer up to my room so could use it before bed, but it was to bright so i wanted to lower the brightness. When i went into display settings there was no slider or option to change the brightness setting. all my gpu drivers are up to date, i...