Windows 10: Windows 10 Brightness slider missing?

Discus and support Windows 10 Brightness slider missing? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have updated my drivers in the device manager, etc. but nothing ever shows up on the notifications panel where the slider should be.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jayven2021, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Brightness slider missing?

I have updated my drivers in the device manager, etc. but nothing ever shows up on the notifications panel where the slider should be.

:)

Jayven2021, Apr 17, 2021
  2. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Brightness slider or control cannot be found.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to Brightness slider missing on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. What is the exact model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Starting with Windows 10 1903 build Brightness slider was introduced in Action Center. However, if you are using an older version of Windows 10 then you might not be able to find the slider on Action Center. I would suggest you to check and install
    all the necessary updates for you system. Refer the article
    Keep your PC up to date

However, if you are using Windows 10 1903 and the Brightness slider is missing then I would suggest you to try updating the display drivers and see if that helps. Refer the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

Additionally, you can refer the article
    Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Let us know if you have any concerns, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Brightness slider missing?

Windows 10 - Screen brightness - Please bring the slider back

Hello Microsoft,

Please bring back the brightness slider and the volume sliders from the charms menu (slide from right). These were the features which were hugely useful and they are missing now. The stepped brightness setting is OK. But, we need the slider.

PareshBhagwatkar, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Brightness slider missing?

1. Windows 10 Brightness slider missing? - Similar Threads - Brightness slider missing

2. MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MISSING BRIGHTNESS SLIDER!!!!: Hello,I am going to use the text of another person as it describes exactly what my problem is for my pc on windows 11.On march 3/3/2022 seallen wrote:"I'd really like help, because none of the solutions I've found online that supposedly fix the issue work for me. Before...
  3. Brightness slider missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness slider missing in Windows 10: I have already gone to Microsoft help and followed all the instructions for finding the brightness slider change windows 10 display brightness site:microsoft.com - Search bing.com. I have also gone through display settings and there is no brightness adjustment other than...
  4. Brightness slider missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness slider missing in Windows 10: I have already gone to Microsoft help and followed all the instructions for finding the brightness slider change windows 10 display brightness site:microsoft.com - Search bing.com. I have also gone through display settings and there is no brightness adjustment other than...
  5. Brightness slider missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Missing Brightness Slider Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Brightness Slider Windows 10: Windows Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526The brightness slider is missing from Windows 10. It is not in the control center at the bottom right side of the screen. F5 and F6 do not do anything.I'm having this issue with my work computer version listed above, as well as my home...
  7. Missing Brightness Slider Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Brightness Slider Windows 10: Windows Version 21H2 OS Build 19044.1526The brightness slider is missing from Windows 10. It is not in the control center at the bottom right side of the screen. F5 and F6 do not do anything.I'm having this issue with my work computer version listed above, as well as my home...
  8. Missing Brightness Slider Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Brightness slider missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing.: I am using Windows 10 and my brightness slider suddenly disappeared. Also I can not adjust the display brightness from anywhere else not even the brightness function keys. I checked the Monitors and display adapters drivers and they are up to date. Any help? Thanks!...
  10. Brightness slider missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness slider missing: Got a new laptop only 5 days ago and windows auto-updated and now I can’t turn up the brightness past 25%. The keys won’t work and the slider is missing. Any fixes I’ve found from Microsoft won’t work, what the hell is going on? How do I fix this? Edit: it won’t detect the...