Windows 10: Windows 10 broke my internet.

Discus and support Windows 10 broke my internet. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Updated from windows 7 to windows 10. After update had no internet access through both wifi and ethernet. Troubleshooter says they "do not have a valid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 1sags, Jul 5, 2020.

1. 1sags Win User

Windows 10 broke my internet.

Updated from windows 7 to windows 10. After update had no internet access through both wifi and ethernet. Troubleshooter says they "do not have a valid ip configuration". Tried updating drivers, disabling devices and rebooting, disabling anti-virus, changing to manual ip address, reseting network adapters, going into command prompt and reset winsock, flush dns, fresh boot with no services running, etc... nothing helps. Been through several videos and articles already and nothing has helped.

Router is working fine with other devices.

Wifi card was PCIE and ethernet is on motherboard. MSI Z97 PC mate

Sometimes if I reset the router, the internet/ethernet would work for just a few minutes when I restarted the router, but after a few minutes it would slow down to just a few kb/s and then fail again.

I finally bought a USB wifi adapter which works sometimes, but has slower speeds and loses internet all together for a few minutes constantly.

Something in windows 10 is screwing up internet access, even with the usb adapter I have going now. I can do a side by side speedtest with my phone on the same wifi, and my desktop is getting less then 300 kb/s download while my phone gets 30 mb/s.

:)

1sags, Jul 5, 2020
  2. radiozz Win User

windows 10 update broke my internet

I installed 2019-06 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4502584) and it broke my internet. Sometimes i cant connect to my wifi and when i can i have no internet. I tested it with different wifi, different drivers and reset them and is the Update.
    How can i fix it, i can pause it but not forever. It keep installing when i search for updates so any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks

radiozz, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my internet access

Hi Vivian,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you let me help you.

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2:

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers in manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue, we will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you

Aswin_Anand, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Windows 10 broke my internet.

Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 broke my internet.

1. Windows 10 broke my internet. - Similar Threads - broke internet

2. I can't play a single game after Windows Update broke my internet connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play a single game after Windows Update broke my internet connection.: I don't know what Microsoft did to my PC, after last update, my PC has suffering ping issues. Normally, when I play League of Legends on TR server, I get average 4ms. But after last update, the ping was 200-300 and it's really UNBEARABLE. How can I fix this thing?...
  3. I can't play a single game after Windows Update broke my internet connection.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't play a single game after Windows Update broke my internet connection.: I don't know what Microsoft did to my PC, after last update, my PC has suffering ping issues. Normally, when I play League of Legends on TR server, I get average 4ms. But after last update, the ping was 200-300 and it's really UNBEARABLE. How can I fix this thing?...
  4. I can't play a single game after Windows Update broke my internet connection.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again!: Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again! After the July 12th, 2022 Windows update KB5015807 was installed I can no longer share my host printer with my other devices. This happened before with the printer update and I finally got that fixed...
  6. Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again!: Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again! After the July 12th, 2022 Windows update KB5015807 was installed I can no longer share my host printer with my other devices. This happened before with the printer update and I finally got that fixed...
  7. Windows Update KB 5015807 broke the internet sharing printer mapping again!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update broke internet on my PC, nothing will fix it: Ever since I installed a windows update 2 days ago, the internet on my computer is repeatedly turning on and off while my pc is on. So when I try to load a webpage is could load instantly or take 15 seconds, and I get kicked from online video games over and over. I have...
  9. Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sept 2020 Win10 update broke internet connectivity: Yesterday Sept 18, 2020 I installed a Windows 10 update to my Lenovo laptop, and I now consistently get a “no internet, secured” message when I try to connect to wifi. I’ve looked through various online suggestions for fixing this error but none of them seem to work. My...
  10. Windows 10 broke both my internet connection and my will to fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 broke both my internet connection and my will to fix it: Long story short: Had windows 7 until recently. It was all good but I wanted to upgrade because of aesthetic reasons. Since I upgraded, my connection is constantly dropping. IT IS NOT MY ISP, since on my phone, iPad, my fianceès phone and his laptop the connection is strong...