Windows 10: Windows 10 broke my laptop

Discus and support Windows 10 broke my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ASUS X540LJ, I tried installing Windows 10 on it, once it installed, there were audio drivers but audio itself wasn't working. The RAM usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Tan Kayra Aslan, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 broke my laptop

I have an ASUS X540LJ, I tried installing Windows 10 on it, once it installed, there were audio drivers but audio itself wasn't working. The RAM usage went too high and the laptop itself began heating up quickly. Then I reinstalled Windows 8.0 on it and sound still wasn't working, except it did when I first installed 8.0 on this computer using the same media. I decided to restart and after the bootscreen, there was a black screen for more than a minute until I got a bluescreen. once it restarted, I got blue screen again and the error code in both of these were PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. I was too stupid to realize Windows 10 had done it's thing and killed my memory. Once ripping out RAM from one of my older laptops this one has a dead processor and putting it in this one, Windows booted successfully, sound was working again and the old memory had to go to trash. Thanks a lot Microsoft, be glad that, that broken laptop of mine didn't have broken memory.

:)

Tan Kayra Aslan, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 broke my steam

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Method 1: Try updating the Video card drivers and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Video card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Method 2: Try installing the game in Compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

• Right click the Game setup file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
    • Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
    • Try installing the Game and check.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by crazzilla replied on August 3, 2015 from the below link and check if it helps.

Windows 10 & Steam Gaming - most games broke

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 broke my laptop

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 broke my laptop

1. Windows 10 broke my laptop - Similar Threads - broke laptop

2. Yes I have a laptop I recently bought with a broke screen I've repaired the screen and nows...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Yes I have a laptop I recently bought with a broke screen I've repaired the screen and nows...: Y I have a Evo laptop Windows 10 I need help resetting the password on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-i-have-a-laptop-i-recently-bought-with-a-broke/0c193a4e-a433-4eb9-aef8-c734a6de50f0
  3. Yes I have a laptop I recently bought with a broke screen I've repaired the screen and nows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yes I have a laptop I recently bought with a broke screen I've repaired the screen and nows...: Y I have a Evo laptop Windows 10 I need help resetting the password on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yes-i-have-a-laptop-i-recently-bought-with-a-broke/0c193a4e-a433-4eb9-aef8-c734a6de50f0
  4. Yes I have a laptop I recently bought with a broke screen I've repaired the screen and nows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update broke my Bluetooth on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update broke my Bluetooth on my laptop: I just updated Windows 11 and after restarting, any of my Bluetooth devices wouldn’t connect. Every time I try to connect any of them, my computer says that I have to turn on my Bluetooth device, which is impossible. So, then I go to troubleshooting, but troubleshooting has...
  6. Windows Update broke my Bluetooth on my laptop

Windows Update broke my Bluetooth on my laptop: I just updated Windows 11 and after restarting, any of my Bluetooth devices wouldn’t connect. Every time I try to connect any of them, my computer says that I have to turn on my Bluetooth device, which is impossible. So, then I go to troubleshooting, but troubleshooting has...
  7. I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...: The light indicates that I have power to it but just has a dark screen as if it were off. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop screen flashes on and off continuously from a smaller to larger to dark on the screen. Can someone tell me **** I am doing? How can I...
  8. I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...

I think my W7 desktop monitor broke from surge. Trying to test it with my laptop that has a...: The light indicates that I have power to it but just has a dark screen as if it were off. I tried to plug it into my laptop but the laptop screen flashes on and off continuously from a smaller to larger to dark on the screen. Can someone tell me **** I am doing? How can I...
  9. Why do I have a new laptop that is broke it not operater since the day I got it???..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I have a new laptop that is broke it not operater since the day I got it???..: Peice of **** brand new device that is broke won't operate all it is good for is the time the date and a painted paper weight.* Moved from Community Center...
  10. Why do I have a new laptop that is broke it not operater since the day I got it???..

Why do I have a new laptop that is broke it not operater since the day I got it???..: Peice of **** brand new device that is broke won't operate all it is good for is the time the date and a painted paper weight.* Moved from Community Center...