Windows 10: Windows 10 - Browser/Email won't connect in Mexico

Discus and support Windows 10 - Browser/Email won't connect in Mexico in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am on vacation in Mexico, Outlook and Edge/Firefox timeout (Laptop) when I try to search/update. HOWEVER my Kaspersky virus dB update can access the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RAPDaddy, Nov 7, 2015.

1. RAPDaddy Win User

Windows 10 - Browser/Email won't connect in Mexico

I am on vacation in Mexico, Outlook and Edge/Firefox timeout (Laptop) when I try to search/update. HOWEVER my Kaspersky virus dB update can access the Internet with no issues when I run it. I had no problems at home, the only difference is I am trying to connect at the hotel in Mexico. I have tried connecting with both wireless and lan, changed both to trusted networks and rebooted. Same problem, can't connect. The network is fine, I am using my tablet connected to the network to send this question. Is this some location/security setting in Windows 10? Thanks for any assistance!

:)

RAPDaddy, Nov 7, 2015

2. Time line for upgrade to Windows 10

My wife and I, along with our 2 computers have been in Mexico since late October. We didn't time our winter escape with much regard for the roll out of Windows 10.

One of the computers (Lenovo-hers) was running windows 8 and I swear it downloaded and activated Windows 10 all by itself...after a steeply sloped learning curve (littered with expressions of "sh"uck"s") I have made my peace with this new system, even come
    to enjoy it (occasionally).

The other computer (Toshiba-mine) was, and still is, running Windows 7. The internet service in Mexico has become (even) more unreliable in the past month as the current provider (Telecable) is converting to IZZI. I am, under these circumstances, reluctant
    to initiate the Windows 10 download.

So here's the question. I'll be back home (Canada) by May 1st and connected to a MUCH more reliable internet connection. Will the download of Windows 10 still be free at that time or should I try to making the download here in Mexico?

Thanks

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Glen Parrott, Nov 7, 2015
  3. Not connecting to the internet windows 10 anniversery addition

Hello

My windows 10 anniversary addition is not connecting to the internet when first powered up.

catorna says it's not talking to the internet. The edge browser won't connect, the email app won't refresh and auto updates won't work. But the notifications panel shows connected to the internet and internet explorer 11 works with no problems.

The above starts to operate if the computer is restarted and is ok until the computer is pawed down.

Then its power up, login and restart and login again to get it all working.

Eny thoughts please?

PaulFletcherSG, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Atomic77 Win User

I don't know enough yet about windows 10 but it could be. It could also be something with the hotel in mexico's wifi or what ever internet they use. *Smile

Atomic77, Nov 7, 2015
  5. RAPDaddy Win User
    Thanks Atomic77. This is a strange one. My Windows 10 laptop is the only device that can't access the Internet. Android tablet and cell phone have no issues. Also Kaspersky can access the internet and update the DB when I run it(on Laptop)?

RAPDaddy, Nov 7, 2015
  6. NeilP Win User
    I was staying at my brothers place in Mexico. He had no issues with his laptop running Ubuntu, nor did my wife using her android phone nor his wife using her iPad. I am running Windows 10 and had very spotty results. Most of the time I could not connect to my usual websites, nor could Outlook send or receive e-mail. I ran tracert to see what was going on and usually got only 3 or 4 hops, all in Mexico before things started timing out. Once in a while I would get a message saying
    than the net could not be found. Back home in Canada now and no problems going to the same few websites. If there is a fix for this issue, I would love to get it.

NeilP, Feb 9, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I would like to know the reason as well as solution.
    Most importantly, what should I prepare before going abroad with my laptop.

davidhk, Feb 9, 2016
  8. bookfox Win User

I would ask if the network in question was an open wifi connection for hotel guests. If it was an encrypted network, I should think there wouldn't be an issue.

bookfox, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - Browser/Email won't connect in Mexico - Similar Threads - Browser Email won't

2. Unable to receive emails from Mexico

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to receive emails from Mexico: I use Office 365 with Outlook for my email. I cannot seem to receive emails from Mexico. Any suggestions? I have also tried to have them sent to a shaw.ca email with no luck. I am on a Mac running Ventura 13.1...
  3. Unable to receive emails from Mexico

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to receive emails from Mexico: I use Office 365 with Outlook for my email. I cannot seem to receive emails from Mexico. Any suggestions? I have also tried to have them sent to a shaw.ca email with no luck. I am on a Mac running Ventura 13.1...
  4. license activation in Mexico

in Windows 10 Gaming
    license activation in Mexico: hello i have a question, can you confirm that a license bought here in the USA is allowed to be ACTIVATED in a server in Mexico?I’ve had an issue in the past with Windows software bought in USA for a customer in Mexico, not allowing activation....
  5. license activation in Mexico

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    license activation in Mexico: hello i have a question, can you confirm that a license bought here in the USA is allowed to be ACTIVATED in a server in Mexico?I’ve had an issue in the past with Windows software bought in USA for a customer in Mexico, not allowing activation....
  6. Windows 10 Email won't alphabetize

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Email won't alphabetize: Lately when I set up a new folder in Windows 10 e-mail, it puts it at the bottom of folders I already have but it won't alphabetize them with the rest of the existing folders. Why?...
  7. one drive in mexico

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    one drive in mexico: when i travel in mexico with laptop will my usa one drive acct work on my laptop without changing regions in microsoft 365? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-in-mexico/f3743a9d-cb85-49d8-953a-48ffe1479a1e
  8. Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet

Browsers won't work but windows is connected to internet: So, getting right into the meat of it. Opera, Edge, Chrome and Vivaldi browsers won't open pages.Interestingly enough, the browsers are able to load half a page the instant you open them but then nothing works after that.Windows news, windows update, online installers, CMD...
  9. Camera's won't connect to browser in old Dell Inspiron with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera's won't connect to browser in old Dell Inspiron with Windows 10: All the settings are correct for the camera's to operate with the browsers and the other software apps. All the drivers are updated. I have uninstalled and re-installed. The camera lights come on but I get no image. I had this experience with the integrated webcam so I...
  10. 192.168.1.1 Won't Connect On Windows 10 Computer Or Edge Browser. Why ?

192.168.1.1 Won't Connect On Windows 10 Computer Or Edge Browser. Why ?: so i have a Windows 10 & a mac computer & i am trying to access the Linksys Router admin page Using my 4 Years Old linksys Router. Everytime i try to do it on windows 10 it fails But somehow it Works on mac computer using safari browser. Now my mac computer is gone for few...