Windows 10: Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols)

Discus and support Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My system updated Microsoft Office on 11/6/18 and since then my EDGE and FIREFOX browsers font has been messed up. I'm only finding it with Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Burnoutjoe, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols)

My system updated Microsoft Office on 11/6/18 and since then my EDGE and FIREFOX browsers font has been messed up. I'm only finding it with Google sites (Youtube, Gmail and Google Docs). The weird thing is it doesn't happen in CHROME. Here's what I've done with no success; "Restore default font settings" from the control panel and ran FontReg-2.1.3. Below is a screenshot of my font issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols) 00a5b9f2-d3eb-4fba-b46f-4f40e432e8c5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Burnoutjoe, Nov 8, 2018

2. Bolded Font on Internet Browsers

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by a Windows 10 update that changed your font settings automatically. If you recently updated your operating system, we suggest that you follow these steps to see if the font will go back to normal:

• Type font in the search bar.
    • Select Change Font settings.
    • Click Restore default font settings.

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Dennis Mop, Nov 8, 2018
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Nov 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols)

Fonts Issue on all browsers after installing windows 10 (firefox, microsoft edge, chrome)

Hi Hasan,

I would suggest you to search for Font settings using Search and then click on “Change Font settings”. Click on
    Restore default font settings and check if it helps.

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan. System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps to
    run the command and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and press Enter.

Let us know the results.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols)

1. Windows 10 Browser Font Issue (symbols) - Similar Threads - Browser Font Issue

2. Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fonts on all browsers chrome/firefox/edge are coming in as "symbols" on some websites.: See this screenshot I took. This has been happening on some websites, but not every one. I've been trying to mess with different font settings but no luck so far. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm on Windows 10 and everything is up to date....
  3. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  4. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text: Greeting to all,Recently I've encountered an common issue with some websites in almost all windows browsers I tested on firefox, chrome, opera, edge and brave, actually I can't identify the content of several webpages showing as symbols instead of proper text. I think this is...
  5. browsers showing some websites fonts as symbols instead of text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. how to fix system font issue on browsers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix system font issue on browsers?: font issue after installing new font - Microsoft Community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-system-font-issue-on-browsers/fe950ef1-d7b6-450e-8ae0-3bb5aeb9b0aa
  7. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.: Hi Team,Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recentlyfor around 1 month, we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel onlineExcel Online text showing as symbols instead of...
  8. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.: Hi Team,Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recentlyfor around 1 month, we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel onlineExcel Online text showing as symbols instead of...
  9. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. My font are all symbols on my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    My font are all symbols on my Windows 10: As per below my computer just started doing this and I don't know how to fix it. Thanks, Jiana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/my-font-are-all-symbols-on-my-windows-10/ea18121b-cbf3-49ee-b67c-8465e86d0e76

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 java browser font issue

2. windows issue text in my windows is all symbols

3. browsers symbols