Windows 10: Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

Discus and support Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So Im using my mobile data on my pc with usb modem ofc and so now randomly (couldv been after update) chrome or any other browser doesnt take internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Joseph541, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Joseph541 Win User

Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

So Im using my mobile data on my pc with usb modem ofc and so now randomly (couldv been after update) chrome or any other browser doesnt take internet connection, youtube page worked in chrome buy anything else no. Other apps like steam works well with net and even games do so it shouldnt be internet problem. Whenever I launched a new tab (witch/twitter/fb or whatever page) then it said err_connection_closed or later with on err_timed_out, looked up for some help on yt, did the cmd stuff with ip reset and flush and other things there were said, cleared out chromes data but still nothing, uninstalled chrome then tried to install it back from Edge or explorer but ofcourse nothing worked, Edge said page is not safe or something.. Tried safe mode but what else to do there if no connection and theres no option to make safe mode with connection... also same with me sharing net to pc (like wifi).. need help, soo frustrated already.

:)

Joseph541, Oct 23, 2018
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is... wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. After upgrading to Windows 10, Edge is the only app that can connect to the internet

Hi ,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

With the issue description it seems like Edge is unable to connect to network.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Set Internet Explorer as default browser

I suggest you to set Internet Explorer as default web browser and restart the computer and see if it helps.

Disable Proxy

Sometimes using proxy to connect to the internet may cause issues while connecting to the network.

Follow the steps below to disable proxy:

• Press “Windows Key” + “R”.
    • Type “inetcpl.cpl”.
    • Go to Connection.
    • Click on LAN Settings.
    • Check the box which says Automatically detect settings.
    • Uncheck the box under Proxy server.

Run Internet Connection Troubleshooter

Though you are able to use internet, there could be some problems or some settings which could have stopped Windows services to connect to the internet.

I suggest you to run the Internet connection troubleshooter to fix such issues, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type Control
    • Click on Troubleshooting
    • Click on Connect to the internet
    • Click on Next and follow the On-screen instructions

Hope this helps, get back to us if you need further assistance.

Sahil Bali, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

Unable to connect to internet on browsers except for Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nad,

Thank you for replying with the error messages received on trying to connect to internet on different browsers.

Please reply, did you try performing System restore as suggested in the above post?

If haven’t tried performing System restore, flush your PC’s
    DNS cache by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved. Performing the below steps will clear DNS cache from the computer and renew the IP configuration set on the computer.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter after each entries:
      • ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close the windows and check if the changes are effective.

If the above steps does not resolve the issue, perform
    System restore by following steps mentioned in the above post and check if it helps.

Write to us with the status of unable to connect to internet on other browser except for Edge on the computer
    for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

1. Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is... - Similar Threads - browsers are connecting

2. Internet not loading any apps or browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not loading any apps or browser.: I turned on smart app control in windows 11.After that internet is not working on any app,and no browser is working.I also turned off smart app control,but problem persists....
  3. Internet not loading any apps or browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not loading any apps or browser.: I turned on smart app control in windows 11.After that internet is not working on any app,and no browser is working.I also turned off smart app control,but problem persists....
  4. Windows 10 not connected to the internet, even though everything else is?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 not connected to the internet, even though everything else is?: So this started a couple weeks ago, i first noticed that gamepass PC wouldn't work, none of my games were playable and the store wouldn't load, then i notice that the News and Inerests widget on the taskbar just displays "We're having trouble loading your feed." despite me...
  5. Windows 10 computer not connecting to any internet

Windows 10 computer not connecting to any internet: Hi, I am have a major issue with my new windows 10 laptop. I just purchased this laptop in June. Suddenly it stopped connecting to any networks and is not displaying any networks. I have tried resetting the laptop many times as well as the router. Nothing has worked. if...
  6. Can't access internet in any browser

Can't access internet in any browser: Hello I have this strange problem since one week. I use my smartphone hotspot to access the internet in my laptop. But since last week I can't access internet in any of the browser Chrome, Firefox, Edge in the laptop. My laptop connects to smartphone hotspot, shows internet...
  7. Connected to the internet, but no browser will load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected to the internet, but no browser will load: I'm running windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad y700. Yesterday while I was on a call, the video froze and the website wouldn't load anymore. Since then none of my browsers (google chrome, opera, and edge) will work, they just display a blank page and load forever. I updated my...
  8. Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 browsers are not connecting to internet but any else is...: So Im using my mobile data on my pc with usb modem ofc and so now randomly (couldv been after update) chrome or any other browser doesnt take internet connection, youtube page worked in chrome buy anything else no. Other apps like steam works well with net and even games do...
  9. Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10

Internet connected but browsers not working Windows 10: I have a Dell XPS 13 on Windows 10 and suddenly by browsers wont work and other features wont connect to the internet even though in the taskbar it says I'm connected to my WiFi. I've tried: restarting my computer, restarting my router and I've done all the winsock resets and...
  10. Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Freezing on Using Internet on Any Browser: Just updated to Windows 10 on a brand new hard drive because the old one with Windows 7 was going bad. It was compatible and everything was fine. This has been absolute hell for my business when I get on the internet on any browser the computer locks up, first the screen then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome not connecting to internet windows 10