Windows 10: Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!!

Discus and support Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I am using Windows 10 in my newly built PC and I am seeing that every time I start my PC, chrome started in background and start using about 60%... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VasuYadav1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!!

Hey,

I am using Windows 10 in my newly built PC and I am seeing that every time I start my PC, chrome started in background and start using about 60% CPU without opening any thing on PC. I thought it was a browser problem so I uninstalled the browser and started using Firefox, and on the next startup I faced same problem with Firefox too. This clearly shows that its not a browser problem. i updated my PC to Windows 10 version 2004 but the problem didn't fix. I also uninstalled some application to see if it is related to them but I didn't find any change in that.

Kindly help to resolve this problem as there are many other family members who are not that tech savvy.

Regards

Vasu Yadav

:)

VasuYadav1, Jul 26, 2020

2. Windows Explorer taking too much CPU --- PLEASE not the stock answer!

I've searched for a solution and keep being redirected to the stock answer:

"Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup, we
    suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:"

I know what is taking up CPU time, it's Windows Explorer. What I need to know is why, and how to stop it.

Thank you so much in advance Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!! :)

MacMcClellan, Jul 26, 2020
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    System using too much CPU

What makes you think that's too high? How much CPU do you feel your system
    should
    be using?

BulldogXX, Jul 26, 2020
  4. wanabrar Win User

Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!!

COM Surrogate using too much CPU, Thumbnail and Icon problem.

Hey guys i've been using Windows 10 for almost a month now, and I'm having some issues with it at the moment. I have too much videos and picture for work, that most thumbnail just won't load or generate.

Issues:
    • Thumbnail not generating
    • This PC/My Computer keeps loading and saying "Working on it" (File Explorer)
    • High CPU usage for COM Surrogate, using 10% of my CPU all the time.

The way to solve it for me at the moment is killing the COM Surrogate process. But I'm looking for a permanent fix, which doesn't involve me killing the process all the time.

Killing the process of COM Surrogate will make:
    • Thumbnail and icon to generate (although sometimes it still doesn't)
    • This PC/My Computer instantly loads properly, without it saying "Working on it"

Any solution guys?

wanabrar, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!!

1. Windows 10 : Browsers using too much CPU!! - Similar Threads - Browsers using too

2. Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU: I've never had this problem before until 2 days ago. I couldn't find a way to fix it and it effects my fps performance. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-programmes-using-too-much-cpu/90a0e87a-fbbc-4d9d-986c-545e4e7c5d68
  3. Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU: I've never had this problem before until 2 days ago. I couldn't find a way to fix it and it effects my fps performance. Can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-programmes-using-too-much-cpu/90a0e87a-fbbc-4d9d-986c-545e4e7c5d68
  4. Microsoft Programmes using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is using too much data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 is using too much data: i got a new laptop and it is using too much data, so much so that the wifi gets affected in all devices. upon checking data usage I found out system using max data. while i changed it to metered connection , it wasn't helpful. also tried turning of automatic updates....
  6. Too much CPU Usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Too much CPU Usage: Sir/Madam , I am Using Windows 7 SP1 64 bitPentium D, 2GB RAM.Recently i have noticed in task manager, that a process called nscpuminer64 is using much cpu usage,sometimes utilizing entire RAM.Few days ago my thermal paste of processor got dried and CPU didn't started which I...
  7. javaw.exe often using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    javaw.exe often using too much CPU: I often notice that javaw.exe (8 Update 251) is taking too much CPU (65% upwards). Tried to investigate using Process Explorer, System Explorer, Task Manager Deluxe, Daphne, but none of them provides the information I'm looking for: which program/process is demanding Java too...
  8. Windows Search Indexer suddenly using too much CPU

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Indexer suddenly using too much CPU: Hi, the "Microsoft Windows Search Indexer" is driving me nuts and heating up my PC in my hot little apartment.*Confused The problem: Since about about 20 days ago (perhaps it happened after a Windows update, not sure, but I think it has happened before...not sure how or why...
  9. Windows Defender is using too much CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender is using too much CPU: Antimalware Service Executable process is using way too much CPU (55-60%) and my total CPU usage never falls under 90% unless I stop it manually and everything's back to normal again. I really don't wanna keep disabling it, but I have no choice currently. Anything I can...
  10. Explorer.exe using too much of my cpu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer.exe using too much of my cpu: I've been experiencing this bug for a few days, it only happens on my own user account, and it seems to be related to ntdll.dll 34495