Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi There, completely stumped with troubleshooting. Hope someone here can provide some insight. Please see below for all troubleshooting I have tried.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by daytona6752, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found

Hi There, completely stumped with troubleshooting. Hope someone here can provide some insight. Please see below for all troubleshooting I have tried. Log outputs along with system specs at the end.

Symptoms - after Win10 update last week, computer will boot in to Windows and crash sometimes immediately and sometimes after 10-20 minutes, each time throwing same BSOD code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Attempted troubleshooting:

-Attempted system restore to prior to update, attempted to uninstall last known updates

-Attempted brand new Windows 10 install on TWO different and formatted known working SSD's

-Total of two x 4GB RAM sticks- attempted to reseat and remove one to isolate if there was a bad player

-All drivers updated

-Ran Memory Diagnostic Tool; test came back successful with no found issues

-Ran Driver Verifier to stress test all non-microsoft related drivers; didn't point to any new issues in crash log besides the same ones shared below primarily ntoskrnl.exe

-Ran sfc /scannow; system file checker came back successful with no found issues

-Ran chkdsk

WhoCrashed Logs:

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Sat 2/13/2021 11:07:14 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021421-7593-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5A80
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF800192E8616, 0xFFFF8108263FF8C0, 0x5A
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 2/12/2021 11:40:22 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!HvlPerformEndOfInterrupt+0x4DEE
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF8003C269336, 0xFFFF928E16C7E140, 0x5A
    Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 2/13/2021 10:57:13 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021321-18828-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5A80
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF8064E4F9616, 0xFFFFD98F0C2FE780, 0x5A

On Fri 2/12/2021 11:40:22 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021221-7218-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3F5210
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF8003C269336, 0xFFFF928E16C7E140, 0x5A

On Fri 2/12/2021 11:36:35 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021221-8328-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF80258E69336, 0xFFFF8C8CFCEFF470, 0x5A

On Fri 2/12/2021 11:30:10 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\021221-5359-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E 0xFFFFFFFFC0000094, 0xFFFFF8055BC69336, 0xFFFFAE82C12F7D40, 0x5A

System Specs:

It's an old rig:

• Asrock P67 Extreme 4

• Intel i5-2500k

• MSI Nvidia GeForce GT1030

• 2x4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1600

• 250GB WD Blue SSD Drive fresh install

• 64GB Crucial M4 SSD second test fresh install

:)

daytona6752, Feb 14, 2021

2. Kmode_exception_not_handled BSOD in Windows 10

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• When did the BSOD screen appeared?

• Have you made any changes in settings or installed any third party software prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V
    in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen
    errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Check if it helps.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD while loading games.

Hi Sterling,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to update mouse drivers and check.

In addition to this I would suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps suggested by
    Babu V in the link below and check if it helps:

How to troubleshoot blue screen errors in Windows 10

For more information regarding this error code, you can refer to the link below:

Bug Check 0x1E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Do let us know the status of the issue. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found

BSOD - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Hello Nathan,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with frequent BSOD after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

The KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000001E. This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM,
    and video card problem.

We suggest you to follow the steps from the links below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-windows/58d5eb2f-ca88-4f82-9631-82fefd11d774

Let us know the results. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found

1. Windows 10 BSOD after update, kmode_exception_not_handled, tried all troubleshooting found - Similar Threads - BSOD update kmode_exception_not_handled

2. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello everyone, i just switched to AMD and fresh installed windows on my PC but since then my PC keeps crashing whenever I try to stream with the errors like KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED I haven't overclocked anything. Running everything...
  3. BSOD "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" on Windows 10

BSOD "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" on Windows 10: Hello For a while apparently since a Windows update in September, the desktop computer of one of my relatives randomly crashes with a BSOD, with the error name “KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED”. After several trials, I decided to go to a completely fresh Windows installation...
  4. Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

Windows 10 KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Hi, I keep having a BSOD on my computer. I've tried a lot of things and have now reformatted the SSD and reinstalled Win10, however it continues to do it. I've removed each RAM module, however it keeps crashing and I'm out of ideas. I've searched extensively for a solution,...
  5. BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020

BSOD with a KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on Windows 10 after update on september/2020: After an update on September this year my computer started presenting a BSOD consistently after a few minutes of using it. What I did so far: 1- Restore windows to remove update - failed; 2- Restore windows to previous backup - failed; 3- Reinstalled windows 10 - BSOD...
  6. windows 10 will not start, tried all troubleshooting

windows 10 will not start, tried all troubleshooting: My computer has windows 10. I was shutting down and computer was frozen and would not shut down so I did a forced shutdown. Computer would not restart. getting error computer did not start properly. Goes into trouble shooting mode. I've tried everything: Recovery, system...
  7. BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004

BSODs - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after update 2004: Have been encountering several BSoDs after successfully updated to version 2004. Already checked through and updated any outdated drivers. Still encountering crashes after updating drivers, successful DISM checks and sfc scans. Not sure why it happens, might be due to way...
  8. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED tcpip.sys Windows 10 BSOD

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED tcpip.sys Windows 10 BSOD: I just received the Bluescreen mentioned in the title. If you need the minidump file: https://ufile.io/crn3g1d7 I'm not really familiar with that file, so I can't say what I need to look for. I also received the BSOD before reinstalling Windows, that was around 3 or 4...
  9. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Ah yes, the blue screen of death. The last time I saw this beast was when i accidentally updated my BIOS. Very nasty. I don't know when it started. Basically, around 7 minutes after the computer turns on and I login in, regardless of what i'm doing, the blue screen pops. Not...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Windows 10 BSOD- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi, I have recently been getting a BSOD approximately every 2 days, with the error code KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. There is no driver listed at the end of the error code. I have checked all of my GPU and Network card drivers, and they are all up to date. I ran the...