Windows 10: Windows 10: BSOD and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error when booting

Discus and support Windows 10: BSOD and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error when booting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Been using Win10 for a year with no problems along with various other Linux partitions (grub). Normally when I bootup I'm using UEFI settings in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bbaker6212, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Windows 10: BSOD and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error when booting

Been using Win10 for a year with no problems along with various other Linux partitions (grub). Normally when I bootup I'm using UEFI settings in the BIOS and Windows is one of the grub menu choices. Fine, that's all been working fine for many months.
    Today I made a bone head move when trying to boot another OS from the USB drive in "legacy" boot mode instead of UEFI. A different boot (grub?) menu showed up that said "Windows 8" ... dunno if that was left over from my upgrade last year to Windows 10. Anyway, when I hastily selected it, as it booted it said something like "entering recovery"... or something like that. I realized it was wrong so I quickly rebooted to stop it.
    Well now my system only gives BSOD and "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" when I choose to boot Windows 10 under UEFI. So something got hosed. I've tried all the normal recovery options presented by Windows 10 but nothing works. My Linux partitions are all fine - I'm booted and using it right now. So what are my options (easiest first) for fixing my Windows Bootup?

Lenovo Ideapad G50-45 AMD 8GB notebook

:)

bbaker6212, Jun 27, 2016

2. Windows 10 CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error and Blue Screen During Use

I removed the McAfee program and now when I try to restart the computer the Boot Menu Appears and sometimes a BSoD that says BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. Is there anything I can do?

TomWhitlow, Jun 27, 2016
  3. Acouser Win User
    Windows 10 wont boot

Hi. I installed windows 10 yesterday evening and during the install process at about 85% the screen went black and the computer restart. When it booted back it looked like windows 10 but there was an error BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO then it said it would restart
    and attempt to fix the error. Now it gets the the boot screen and goes black and restarts again.

Acouser, Jun 27, 2016
  4. Windows 10: BSOD and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error when booting

Phew! Managed to fix it. As per a recommendation on another forum I went into the recovery options and opened up a command prompt window. Then I copied the replaced the Registry files with the backup files - by copying all files from C:\Windows\System32\config\RegBack to C:\Windows\System32\config after backing up the originals (I copied all the files in C:\Windows\System32\config to C:\temp\backup).
    Then I restarted and it booted up and ran fine... with no errors reported at all. woot!

Now, I wonder what I've lost by using these backup registry files. The difference between them are as follows:

New backups now in place:
    05/26/2016 05:58 PM 233,472 DEFAULT
    05/26/2016 05:58 PM 32,768 SAM
    05/26/2016 05:58 PM 28,672 SECURITY
    05/26/2016 05:58 PM 73,424,896 SOFTWARE
    05/26/2016 05:58 PM 11,796,480 SYSTEM

my original (broken) ones:
    06/16/2016 07:04 PM 42,991,616 COMPONENTS
    06/19/2016 11:35 PM 73,662,464 SOFTWARE
    06/19/2016 11:35 PM 32,768 SECURITY
    06/19/2016 11:35 PM 262,144 DEFAULT
    06/28/2016 10:40 PM 12,582,912 SYSTEM

bbaker6212, Jun 28, 2016
  5. how the f do you delete a dup post? dam

bbaker6212, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10: BSOD and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error when booting

1. Windows 10: BSOD and BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error when booting - Similar Threads - BSOD BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Error

2. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  3. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  4. Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info: Alright so basically the other day I turned on my computer and it went to the sign in screen and when I tried to sign in it gave me an error about access being denied or something and I googled it and people said restart you pc and it will fix it so I did and I got in a...
  5. Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC

Error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, BSOD when booting the PC: My laptop: Dell vostro 3550 I've just disassembled and cleaned my laptop just the main and fan, everything even test laptop work well . But that night laptop shows BSODError: Bad_systems_config_info. I've tried boot in safemode but still this error! I've tried system...
  6. Bad_system_config_info BSOD loop

Bad_system_config_info BSOD loop: My laptop keek crashing in a loop and i can't acsses to disktop at all or to sfe mode. I've tried every troubleshooting option but it didn't work until now I also tried to delete registery key when i saw someone here say that kind of problem caused by the registery fils...
  7. Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO"

Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO": Hi all, Describing the problem: As the subject of this post briefly describes, I got the BSOD with the error code "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". Product Info: Microsoft Windows 10 latest version 1803 What I was doing prior to BSOD: I was trying to download some...
  8. Windows 10 Won't Boot - get a blue screen error with "Bad_System_Config_Info" and then a...

Windows 10 Won't Boot - get a blue screen error with "Bad_System_Config_Info" and then a...: I get a blue screen error with "Bad_System_Config_Info" and then a "Choose Your Keyboard Layout" Blue Screen. Then it freezes. I booted from a Windows 10 USB flash drive and tried to run system recovery from several restore points. They all failed after a few minutes...
  9. Bad_System_Config_Info error. Forever booting

Bad_System_Config_Info error. Forever booting: Now this may take a while to explain because ive tried so many things but please do read to get a full understanding. First of all i was just cleaning my pc, ran a disk cleanup. I came across this program called driver booster from Clean, Optimize, Speed Up and Secure PC -...
  10. Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD

Windows 10 "bad_system_config_info" BSOD: Hey guys! Very helpful forum, been reading a lot. tl;dr - My Hard drive letters changed over the course of the night and now my computer can't boot the OS properly. So let me start by saying i had issues with Windows 10 since day 1, i made a previous post detailing this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. counterstrike go bad system config info