Windows 10: Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random

Discus and support Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since getting my new hardware and installing everything from scratch I get a lot of BSODs. 90% after a "cold boot" and I have had one earlier while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by tommygeek, Nov 18, 2019.

1. tommygeek Win User

Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random

Since getting my new hardware and installing everything from scratch I get a lot of BSODs.
    90% after a "cold boot" and I have had one earlier while browsing in Google Chrome.

Afaik I should have installed all drivers and I have also tried another clean reinstall of Windows and NVIDIA drivers afterwards. I have had these issues with a prior Windows 10 version as well. But it seems to happen since installing a NVMe SSD.

I have changed my previous SSD because HDTune showed some erros.
    I also did a RAM tes via Memtest86 for 4 hours with no errors.

My specs:
    Windows 10 - 1909 (10.0.18363 Build 18363)

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9 9900KS @4.9 GHz (temps are no longer a problem, I have had issues before)
    Inno3D GeForce RTX 2080 Ti iChill
    CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB KIT, running @3200MHz (XMP active)
    KINGSTON SSD A2000 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe

V2 log collector files are attached

:)

tommygeek, Nov 18, 2019
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Nov 18, 2019
  3. JamesBSOD Win User
    Random BSOD on cold boot

Random blue screen of death on cold start, fine after reboot.

There are post from 2010 about this I would just like a more updated version if possible I've installed windows 10 fresh already.

JamesBSOD, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Joe Men Win User

Random BSOD on cold boot

Hello
    James

Regarding your concern, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

• Check for updates - Many stop errors can be fixed by updating Windows. In the search box on the taskbar, type Windows Update, then select Windows Update. On the Windows Update
      page, select Check for updates.
    • Remove hardware - Unplug unnecessary external hardware (printers, webcams, additional monitors, etc.) and see if the stop error is fixed.
    • Remove software - Some stop errors can be caused by apps or other software.

Select the Start button, then select Settings > System > Apps & features . Select Sort
      by name
      and change it to Sort by install date. Select a recently installed or unnecessary app you want to remove, and then select Uninstall.
    If the solution above is ineffective, perform a clean boot in Windows
    and update your drivers for Windows 10.

Let us know what happens after doing the mentioned troubleshooting steps.

Joe Men, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10: BSOD at cold boot / sometimes random - Similar Threads - BSOD cold boot

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times

BSOD/Crash on Cold Boot and at Random Times: Starting a few months ago, I always get a BSOD on a cold boot, usually a minute or two after Windows boots up. The system would function fine for a certain amount of time before I would get either another BSOD or white, black, pink or other colored screen crashes. The...
  6. BSOD on cold boot only

BSOD on cold boot only: Hi all, this is a duplicate of this post that I posted in the wrong section. Just delete that post. Sorry for making a mess, I'm new on this forum. So: my problem is with my custom build PC, and any help would be greatly appreciated. My problem is similar to the one...
  7. BSOD on cold boot.

BSOD on cold boot.: I have been getting a variety of BSOD's on cold boots. After the first BSOD, everything runs smoothly thereafter; any amount of stress on the PC doesn't cause any BSOD. Things I have tried: Updated bios and all the motherboard related whatnot. Tried to update all my...
  8. BSOD at every cold boot

BSOD at every cold boot: Hello everyone, having BSOD at every cold boot. This is happening on my desktop (first build I made), hardware is: MB: Asus Maximus VIII Gene CPU: Intel i5-6600k RAM: 2x 8GB Crucial Ballistix GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070 Founders Edition Windows 10 Pro 64bit Hoping this is...
  9. BSOD on only cold boots

BSOD on only cold boots: I got a custom built pc for christmas and it has been getting BSOD's since it was built and they have only been happening on cold boots, and the file that is having problems is ntoskrnl. I would love if someone could find the problem that has been going on for weeks. 39014
  10. slow cold boot (sometimes)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    slow cold boot (sometimes): Ok, have a Sabertooth x79/3930k and an Intel 750ssd 1.2tb. Sometimes on a cold boot it will take say 15 seconds to load to desktop and sometimes over double that 30 seconds or so. Also it warm boots consistently in the 30 second range. Any help to understand the cold...