Windows 10: Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info

Discus and support Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright so basically the other day I turned on my computer and it went to the sign in screen and when I tried to sign in it gave me an error about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by davidclue, Jun 13, 2021.

1. davidclue Win User

Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info

Alright so basically the other day I turned on my computer and it went to the sign in screen and when I tried to sign in it gave me an error about access being denied or something and I googled it and people said restart you pc and it will fix it so I did and I got in a permanent bsod. The error message was “BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO” and after hours of troubleshooting I could not fix it, I tried the commands “bootrec /fixboot” and it said access is denied. I tried the commands “bootsect/nt60 sys” and “bootrec /rebuildbcd” but both commands give me the same error “The requested system device cann

:)

davidclue, Jun 13, 2021
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Windows 10 Bad_System_Config_Info

I have a computer that cannot boot into Windows 10 just get Bad_System_Config_Info and using automatic repair don't work, using bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /rebuildbcd, bootrec /fixboot (not allowed) don't work and i did some more advanced stuff too didn't work.

I can see when i connect the disk to usb, it has 3 recovery partitions:

Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info win10-jpg.jpg

Since I can't boot into Windows it's not possible to do a upgrade so that's out of the question.

I know there is a way to do a normal installation to keep user profile, settings, applications and files I done that once before but I can't remember how, is there a friendly soul that has a link or something for this?

puma99dk|, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info

Windows 10 with BAD_System_Config_info message

I have problem with windows 10 it saying BAD_System_Config_info but o follow couple steps it doesn't help ple help me

Original title: windows 10

IndikaDasanayaka, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info

1. Windows 10 bsod bad_system_config_info - Similar Threads - bsod bad_system_config_info

2. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  3. BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO.: Hi, I started up my computer today and i got BSOD with the error: BAD_SYSTEM-CONFIG-INFO. I've tried all the options to troubleshoot and fix the problem, with them all saying I need to free up space on the drive where Windows is installed, but I can't free up space if I can't...
  4. I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck: Hello,Recently I modified the number of processors in msconfig because I heard it would speed up games. However, I unchecked the box, and restarted to two BSODs before an Automatic Repair.So far I have tried:System Restore nopeSafe Mode nope, BSODOpening msconfig from the...
  5. I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck: Hello,Recently I modified the number of processors in msconfig because I heard it would speed up games. However, I unchecked the box, and restarted to two BSODs before an Automatic Repair.So far I have tried:System Restore nopeSafe Mode nope, BSODOpening msconfig from the...
  6. I have gotten a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO BSOD on loop, and I'm out of luck

7. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hello, I came to this platform to ask for help because I am having trouble with my computer. Basically, it's stuck on a BSOD Loop, specifically BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I have watched YouTube videos, looked at other threads, and scoured a large amount of websites to find a...
  8. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO: Hello, I came to this platform to ask for help because I am having trouble with my computer. Basically, it's stuck on a BSOD Loop, specifically BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO. I have watched YouTube videos, looked at other threads, and scoured a large amount of websites to find a...
  9. BSOD Loop BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Bad_system_config_info, Hardware Diagnostics: 'Error different of UNC. Cannot continue...: Hello everyone! My laptop is Lenovo ThinkPad L440. It turned into BSOD a week ago, with 'Bad_system_config_info' shown in the screen. I tried the advanced options but they won't work, including startup repair, startup settings, uninstall updates, system restore,...