Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Works fine if the laptop is not charging , error screen is displayed either immediately or within 30 mins if i plug in the charger. Configuration :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sunilvarmasv, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

Works fine if the laptop is not charging , error screen is displayed either immediately or within 30 mins if i plug in the charger.

Configuration :

Dell G3

Intel Core i7 8th gen

512 gb SSD Nvime Toshiba

16 GB DDR4 RAM 2666Ghz

NVIDIA Geforce 1050ti GTX

Commonly displayed errors :

1. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILIURE

3. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION in which FLTMGR.SYS failed

4. SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION w/o a listed failiure

5. SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I ran all the memory tests , file checks no error is reported.Checked Dell, Intel , Nvidia , all drivers are upto date. System is 2 years old , i am noticing this issue after windows update in June,2020. Unable to revert to previous version of windows.

:)

sunilvarmasv, Jul 21, 2020

2. Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jul 21, 2020
  3. Akihiko Win User
    Laptop no longer charging since Windows 10 update

Thanks for the response, but the issue is not the battery or the laptop. It was charging and working fine prior to this most recent Windows 10 update.

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. When the charger is plugged in, it just says "plugged in", but my battery has been at 2% for the past several hours. Obviously the charger is doing something since it's holding the 2% power, but it's not charging. There has to be some day to bypass whatever this update broke.

Akihiko, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

laptop battery wont charge after latest update

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s okay if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

FreeBooter, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

1. Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging - Similar Threads - BSOD displayed various

2. Laptop BSOD when charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop BSOD when charging: My laptop bsod everytime it is plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-bsod-when-charging/134f5e4f-a621-458c-9edd-165ebb87f2f5
  3. Laptop BSOD when charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop BSOD when charging: My laptop bsod everytime it is plugged in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-bsod-when-charging/134f5e4f-a621-458c-9edd-165ebb87f2f5
  4. Laptop BSOD when charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. BSODs with various errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs with various errors: Hi all, Last night I started experiencing BSODs with various error codes, detailed chronologically below. I had not made any changes to my system in recent times. sfc scannow, dism checks, and memtest came back clean. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while...
  6. Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging: Hello,Works fine if the laptop is not charging , error screen is displayed either immediately or within 30 mins if i plug in the charger.Commonly displayed errors :IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALSYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDNote: I ran all the memory tests , file checks no error...
  7. Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging: Hello,Works fine if the laptop is not charging , error screen is displayed either immediately or within 30 mins if i plug in the charger.Commonly displayed errors :IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALSYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLEDNote: I ran all the memory tests , file checks no error...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD displayed with various errors only when laptop is charging

9. Windows laptop only charges when laptop is tilted.

Windows laptop only charges when laptop is tilted.: for a few days now my laptop stops charging whenever i move it. I noticed that if i tilted it then it would charge. how can i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-laptop-only-charges-when-laptop-is-tilted/80c3893f-8f17-4e46-8cc0-c5d6691d25a4
  10. No Internet, Secured error only when not charging the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet, Secured error only when not charging the laptop: Hello, I recently purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop, and when I tried searching the web I got the popular No Internet, Secured error. I ignored it at first, because I plugged the laptop and no longer see the error. Now, everytime I want to search the web when not home (i...