Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10, OS Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 For more than a week, I’ve routinely been getting BSODs with the error message, BAD POOL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by gc2727, Jun 27, 2019.

1. gc2727 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files

I'm running Windows 10, OS Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

For more than a week, I’ve routinely been getting BSODs with the error message, BAD POOL CALLER, multiple times a day.

To try and pinpoint the problem, I downloaded Visual Studio and WDK for Windows 10 Version 1903. I registered file associations for .dmp, .hdmp, .mdmp, .kdmp, and .wew. I launched wndbg and set the symbol search path to

SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols.

I then attempted to read the dmp files, but in each one I received the message:

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Wind32 error 0n2

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

Since I was unable to use wndbg correctly, I downloaded BlueScreenView. I hear that its reports are often inaccurate, but I figured a possibly-correct analysis was better than no analysis. In every crash, BlueScreenView identified storport.sys and ntoskernel.exe as the culprits; iaStorAVC.sys was also mentioned in a handful of crashes. I’m not sure what to do with this info, though, as I can’t find any of these on the list of drivers in device manager.

You can probably tell I’m not knowledgeable about tech, and this stuff is outside my league. So, I’d be extremely grateful for step-by-step answers to the following questions:

1) What, if anything, should I do about storport.sys, ntoskernel.exe, and iaStorAVC.sys?

2) How can I set up the symbol search path for wndb to properly read dmp files?

Also, if someone wants to read one of my dmp files, I could try uploading some.

Thanks a bunch!

:)

gc2727, Jun 27, 2019

2. BSOD with DMP files and MSInfo

I have used the verifier app and collect the dmp files along with the MSInfo32.

I been receiving the BSOD for a bit and I had the motherboard replace at the Company's helpdesk requested it. I knew that was not the issue. I know is a driver issue but don't know how to fix it and what is exactly causing the issue. I believe is the Cisco
    VPN software that is causing it.

When the BSOD happened under the verifier app the

DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTED_VIOLATION (xxxxx.sys) The xxxx.sys is the name of the driver that caused the crash.
    If it is listed please note it and tell us what it is.

the xxxx.sys was something like vpnxxx64.sys I believe..can't remember it exactly.

here is the link to OneDrive to see the DMP files and the MSInfo32 files.

022417-11640-01.zip

AzureRookieFL, Jun 27, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 27, 2019
  4. Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files

BSOD with DMP files and MSInfo

Hi,

For us to effectively assist you, kindly provide us the information below:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you trying to re-install Windows 10 or any of your programs when this happened?

Meanwhile, kindly check the post of SpiritX MS MVP from July 24, 2016, through this

link
    to see the steps that can possible assist you on this issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel_Santos, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files

1. Windows 10 BSOD, don't know how to interpret the .dmp files - Similar Threads - BSOD don't interpret

2. How to Interpret Minidump files to identify causes of BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Interpret Minidump files to identify causes of BSOD: My laptop is about 4 months old. One time, I got really bad BSOD issues due possible to undervolting both the gpu and cpu, fortunately, it got fixed with the help of this community.But now, I started to have this random BSOD about once a week, and I was unable to save the...
  3. How to Interpret Minidump files to identify causes of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Interpret Minidump files to identify causes of BSOD: My laptop is 1 month old, I played with it by undervolting the cpu and gpu, but at some point it got extremely unstable and the BSODs became unpredictable, sometimes it happens multiples times a day, while there are times it happens once every 3 days, so i reset my device. I...
  4. BSOD DMP file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD DMP file: I've been having increasing BSOD over the past week or so. Thought it had something to do with my components, but as my troubleshooting progresses, it seems to point more towards my software, specifically Windows 10.Here's a link to my most recent "dmp" file after my last...
  5. BSOD DMP file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD DMP file: I've been having increasing BSOD over the past week or so. Thought it had something to do with my components, but as my troubleshooting progresses, it seems to point more towards my software, specifically Windows 10.Here's a link to my most recent "dmp" file after my last...
  6. BSOD DMP file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BDODs - Help interpreting minidump .dmp file

BDODs - Help interpreting minidump .dmp file: Series of worrying BSODs.OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/u/s!An34k0Z_g40M7EEbbTzo7FOBvh7O?e=iHxdkYGoogle Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qKsE4EdZ2rPp33-xWmJ3C5JTtLBH6Wgp/view?usp=sharingThanks for any and all help!...
  8. Getting bluescreens from netwlv64.sys, got a DMP file and don't know how to interpret it

Getting bluescreens from netwlv64.sys, got a DMP file and don't know how to interpret it: I am currently running a Dell Precision m2300, with a Core 2 Extreme x9000 CPU and Windows 10 LTSC 2019 for stability. Recently, I've begun having problems with my not stock, upgraded it myself Intel Wireless 4965AGN. On my home network, it works for a substantial period of...
  9. Interpreting Windows dmp file

Interpreting Windows dmp file: Hi, Intermittently my machine has been restarting with no apparent error or BSOD. I've been able to track the respective error Event Viewer and have opened the dmp file using WinDbg Preview but I can't make sense of the information. Can anyone please help or advise on...
  10. BSOD .dmp file

BSOD .dmp file: Hello, I hope that this is the correct place to post this .dmp file from a BSOD I just experienced, thank you https://iowa-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/jalmanza_uiowa_edu/EV4I7cab_RpIkAdW7S-9E4YBhog_P8Qto6JkYYBwVsQu4g?e=LOxu1N...