Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello Microsoft Community and Technical Support!, my name is Gabriel Granados and I have an Windows 10 problem I want to resolve and here is the story:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabrielGranados1, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade

Hello Microsoft Community and Technical Support!, my name is Gabriel Granados and I have an Windows 10 problem I want to resolve and here is the story:

Originally I had Windows 7 Ultimate and decided to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool software provided by the official Microsoft website, later when I used the PC some hours I ran the Windows 10 updates and tried to use the Microsoft Store to install some apps, then the Microsoft Store stopped working correctly, I restarted the PC many times to check if the error persisted and so it was, so much that I went back to windows 7 and upgraded to Windows 10 again to try to resolve this problem, and it was.

Then I've installed some games like Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Motorsport 7 Demo and played it many hours, everything was fine until one day I replaced the graphics card in my PC to one more capable (Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6gb) and Windows won't boot anymore.

While Windows boots it shows a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) then it restarts to "Diagnosing PC" and while performs the operations it ocurrs the same error and restarts to tell me "Your PC did not start correctly".

I changed the graphics card to the previous one to check if was an hardware problem and still the same result, I've tried everything in the Advanced Options in the Troubleshoot button (Repair Windows Startup, I have no restoration points and no system image recovery so I went to boot in Safe Mode and all other options in that category) and nothing worked because It threw all the same error (BSOD), so I went to use the Command Prompt to check Windows boot files and try to fix them and it couldn't find anything to repair except the Windows.old folder archives, so that enabled an extra option, the "Go Back to Previous Windows Version", I clicked on that and finally Windows shows me that cannot proceed because there was an unknown error.

I have not lost hope because I can still access all my files through another HDD and I can open the files and applications, but I noticed something, why all my folders have an "lock" icon? Maybe Windows locked my HDD and I cannot boot? Or is a hardware problem (HDD bad function)?

My system specifications:

Operative System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits

System Type: Desktop

CPU: AMD FX-8320E Eight Core Processor

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

RAM: 16gb Ddr3 1866 mhz

HDD: 2TB 5400 RPM

PSU: 750 watts

Can you help me to fix my problem?

:)

GabrielGranados1, Mar 17, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade

1. Windows 10 BSOD during boot after Windows 7-10 upgrade - Similar Threads - BSOD during boot

2. Stacks at boot loop after upgrading windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stacks at boot loop after upgrading windows 7 to windows 10: Hi, Microsoft Team!Im Hen2527 I want help to solve this problem to my pc, pls reply, as soon as possible as you canThis problems thats problem dont resolve many times i boot my pc after upgrading pcim stack at boot and i see only loading circles and windows logo, i dont know...
  3. Dual booting with Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Dual booting with Windows 7 and upgrading to Windows 10: I have a laptop running Windows 10 Home edition and also have a spare Windows 7 Pro with a valid MSDN key. I read that you cannot upgrade Windows 7 registered with MSDN key but on another computer that had it running I went ahead with the upgrade and it worked. Activation...
  4. 0xc000007b BSOD on boot after Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0xc000007b BSOD on boot after Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade: I just finished the upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro and immediately after the computer fires up, I receive the error code 0xc000007b and the blue screen. I was able to get the computer up and running again via the "remove last windows feature" in the...
  5. Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Periodic BSoD after upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Today I upgraded to Windows10 from Windows7. I did this many times without issues, but this time it's not perfect. I have periodic BSoD since the upgrade - I didn't have any before the upgrade, so I don't think it's a hardware issue. I already tried upgrading the video card...
  6. BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD during idle after upgrade to windows 10 from Windows 8: After upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 8, i've been experiencing intermittent BSODs, where some days it would boot fine and randomly on the next day, for example, it would boot and after probably loading up something incompatible it would BSOD, and gives me an error...
  7. BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7

BSOD on boot after upgrade from Windows 7: After upgrading to Windows 10 Pro i get various BSOD on boot. usually i need 2-4 attempts to boot into login mask. very rarely i have a BSOD some seconds after login. power on after sleep or hibernate works well, so this problem occurs after windows updates. within windows 7...
  8. BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.

BSOD after upgrade from Windows 7. Cannot Boot.: I cannot start Windows my laptop. I can get into safe mode. I've tried to system restore and clean boot. I have tried verifier which gives the error iastor.sys Attached are the zip files. Please help. Thanks. Attachment 36303 21625
  9. BSOD during every Startup after Windows 10 upgradation

BSOD during every Startup after Windows 10 upgradation: Hello Upgraded to Windows 10 Home Premium from Windows 7 Home premium. Had couple of times BSOD problem in Windows 7. Since upgradation, BSOD is occuring during every startup, Enclosing the attachment as per the forum directions. Help is requested. Regards 11447
  10. BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro

BSODs on boot up after upgrading Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro: Have installed Windows 10 Pro today, after rebooting I encountered a BSOD, the PC then rebooted itself and another BSOD occurred. This happened two more times and then I booted in safe mode. I have attached the mini dump files, I have not included the MEMORY.DMP file at...