Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD even after BitDefender removal

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD even after BitDefender removal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having BSODs pretty often, started looking into them recently as I couldn't live with them anymore. Posted another question here a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Florin Suciu, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Windows 10 BSOD even after BitDefender removal

Hi,

I've been having BSODs pretty often, started looking into them recently as I couldn't live with them anymore.

Posted another question here a few days ago but that thread seems to have died.

I was told on this forum that BitDefender is causing the BSOD so I uninstalled it and it was ok for a few days but then BSODs started appearing again.

I uploaded the minidumps to onedrive here. The ones from 27 and 28 Jul are after uninstalling BitDefender with their removal tool, the rest from before.

I tried checking them with Windbg preview but I can't figure out the cause.

Can someone take a look at them and tell me what is causing the BSODs now?

Thank you!

:)

Florin Suciu, Jul 28, 2020

2. Is Bitdefender recognized

IMO it's best to uninstall each and every security product before upgrading and to also use the appropriate removal tool from this list:

List of anti-malware product removal tools

I suggest you ask/inform yourself if your Bitdefender product is compatible with Windows 10 and then install it after upgrading to Windows 10...

Bitdefender support...

Antivirus Support - Bitdefender Support Center

Support Consumer - Bitdefender

and/or in their Forum:
    http://forum.bitdefender.com/

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Removing Bitdefender Free

Are you sure McAfee or Norton wasn’t installed on the computer when it was new? I’ve never seen a new computer that did not include one if them as a trial program.

Suggest remove all remnants of BitDefender (and any other security program) that was ever on the computer and then restart the computer. WD should be enabled though it might need to be started in Security Center.

See
    List of anti-malware product removal tools

If you cannot resolve the issue see the steps in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

See http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/
    Good article but ignore the ads!

And see Configure Windows Defender in Windows
    8, 8.1 and 10

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Le Boule, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Vijay B Win User

Windows 10 BSOD even after BitDefender removal

BitDefender missing

Hi,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I would suggest you to search for BitDefender in the search next to start. If you are not able to find and if you have BitDefender CD/DVD, then I would suggest you to re-install BitDefender.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Vijay B, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD even after BitDefender removal

1. Windows 10 BSOD even after BitDefender removal - Similar Threads - BSOD BitDefender removal

2. Windows Security and BitDefender automatically getting removed after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Security and BitDefender automatically getting removed after Windows Update: HiI have had to restore/reset my Windows 10 installation, at least 5 times in the last one year ! My laptop is a ThinkPad E14 with Windows 10 Pro.I have BitDefender Gravityzone Endpoint security installed and suddenly notice that the taskbar icon has disappeared. On...
  3. windows 10 insists using pin even after removed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 insists using pin even after removed: This is really anoying. Bought a computer for my kid, he can't use a password yet. Every pin he sets expiry in a few hours. Windows 10 don't seens to have an option to really disable PIN in unlock window. I've removed PIN, setup auto login with insecure stored username and...
  4. BSOD even after clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD even after clean Windows 10 install: Hi, As you can read the title my PC keeps getting BSODs even after clean Windows 10 ver.2004 install. It's been days since I'm trying to find a solution, I have tried many things like 'sfc /scannow', 'chkdsk /r /f', 'DISM restorehealth and etc.', performed Memtest86 also...
  5. Continuous BSODs in Windows 10, even after full restore

Continuous BSODs in Windows 10, even after full restore: Bought new computer about 2 months ago and wasn't having any issues. Within the last few weeks, after installing Nexus Mod Manager and doing some mods through the program, I started to get BSODs with various stop codes. Don't have much on the computer so decided to do a full...
  6. Using Bitdefender in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using Bitdefender in Windows 10: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? [Original Title: Bitdefender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/using-bitdefender-in-windows-10/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  7. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have Bitdefender - can windows security be on too? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/bitdefender/8402e31d-fd6d-4f5e-adc0-d55ed4c93d21
  8. warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!!

warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!!: Every time I reboot my machine, I get some message about a Bitdefender log file in C:\windows\temp. First of all, I don't recall ever installing Bitdefender, and two, I can't find any mention of it in any file, app, or setting. Should I be worried about this? Thanks! 16158
  9. Bitdefender

Bitdefender: I have eliminated BitDefender, and now it sometimes appears me the error message that I attach. What is it? What does he/she want to say? How do I do to eliminate him/it? Thanks 99927
  10. BSOD - Numerous crashes, suspect BitDefender

BSOD - Numerous crashes, suspect BitDefender: Hello all, I hope you can help me a bit. I'm sort of a power user myself, but I have never understood much in the way of BSOD debugging besides which driver the system says caused it. I have had 13 BSODs since 11 March and I'm not sure what started going wrong. I changed...