Windows 10: Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails

Discus and support Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, similar problem to Windows can not start after update, here is SrtTrail.txt Solved - Windows 10 Forums I've tried running sfc /scannow with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Runes, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Runes Win User

Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails

Hi, similar problem to Windows can not start after update, here is SrtTrail.txt Solved - Windows 10 Forums

I've tried running sfc /scannow with the sfc /scannow /offbootdir=E:\ /offwindir=E:\Windows command (The SSD my win10 is installed on shows up as E: in diskpart volume list) however it fails saying Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation . Regback folder has zero size files in. Tried so many things im at the end of my tether!

The DISM commands dont find the image , Error 2. I've booted into the Win10 iso (downloaded/created the USB on another PC, a Win7 one) which is likely a different version as I can't tell what version i have.

Tried all the commands suggestd in your other thread, couldn't get any further than the recovery screen and the command prompt scannow and dism commands fail as mentioned *Sad

Also NB System Restore shows no previous restore points. And I've tried the options to rolll back updates, none show up!

In command prompt (within recovery console/environment)
    9) type: bootrec /scanos - zero oses found
    10) type: bootrec /fixmbr - says completed successfully
    11) type: bootrec /fixboot - says access denied
    12) type: bootrec /RebuildBcd - says completed successfully

any help appreciated....

:)

Runes, Apr 17, 2019

2. Cannot go into recovery mode in several ways

Problem:

Cannot login into normal mode or safe mode or access anything other than Boot settings.

• Do not get usual login screen.
    • Seeing Automatic repair and then BSOD with code 0xc000014c
    • That loop continues.
    Troubleshooting Steps taken:

• Tried 3 times reset when in "Preparing Automatic Repair" to boot into recovery mode - Failed.
    • Created bootable WIndows 10 USB flash drive to go into repair mode - Getting another BSOD with code "Driver pnp watchdog"
    • Some times, after "Preparing automatic repair" screen, i get "Your pc needs to be repaired" recovery screen where it shows F8 to go into Startup settings. When i press F8, i get the same screen again in a loop.

Computer: Dell Precision T3500 Workstation

RikasBasheer, Apr 17, 2019
  3. sol_kiwi Win User
    Stuck at Automatic repair mode while installing Windows Updates.

Still on preparing automatic repair

sol_kiwi, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails

Windows 10 Automatic Repair Fail

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you getting any error messages when your computer is attempting to perform the Automatic Repair?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested steps on this article
    to troubleshoot black screen issues on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails

1. Windows 10 - BSOD followed by Recovery Mode Automatic Repair fails - Similar Threads - BSOD followed Recovery

2. My window 10 pro gets stack following recovery from automatic repair

in Windows 10 Customization
    My window 10 pro gets stack following recovery from automatic repair: Hi Following recovery from automatic repair, my window 10 pro HP gets stack for about 30 seconds and continues where it lefts off. I tried to uninstall recently installed apps and tried new driver but the same . Please help...
  3. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  4. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop: I was using my PC as normal and then suddenly one of my two monitors stops working, the other is fine for about 10 minutes and then I blue screen. From then on I was unable to boot up into windows as normal and got stuck bsod after bsod, with errors page fault in nonpaged...
  5. BSOD + automatic repair + recovery loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows 10 "Automatic Repair" mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 "Automatic Repair" mode: My personal computer is stuck in "Automatic Repair" mode. I have forgotten my admin password and the email account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I used when I created the admin password is no longer valid. We are on gmail now. Every option under "Automatic...
  7. Automatic repair mode

Automatic repair mode: Hi Laptop went into automatic repair mode, blue screen came up with A list of options tried a few without luck, then tried to reset laptop & save files & laptop has been stuck on repairing disk errors for 2 days....
  8. Windows 10 BSoD - Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair

Windows 10 BSoD - Failed System Restore - Failed Automatic Repair: Greetings everyone. I attempted to Restore (Recover/Reset - whatever it's called now) my 11 month old Lenovo laptop to a previous date. After about 15 minutes it displayed a message saying the process failed and would restart. It never restarted, just shut down. I manually...
  9. Automatic repair failing - Lost bitlocker recovery key.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Automatic repair failing - Lost bitlocker recovery key.: I have a Windows 10 laptop with bitlocker turned on. Bitlocker was turned on before my time it seems. Our Sys Admin has no idea where the key would be. Anyways the machine is in a "automatic repair failed" loop and won't boot up. Any solution to fix boot issues on this thing?...
  10. Automatic repair fails

Automatic repair fails: When I start my computer first it pops up preparing automatic repair and then diagnosing your pc and then the problem Automatic repair couldn't repair your pc I tried so many way to fix this problem but no none of them work . I tried to reset my pc while keeping all my...