Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been getting random BSOD lately. The most common BSOD pattern is on a cold start computer turned off overnight and then booted up in the morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chad711, May 12, 2020.

1. Chad711 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

I've been getting random BSOD lately. The most common BSOD pattern is on a cold start computer turned off overnight and then booted up in the morning as soon as I get to desktop it BSOD. After that it works fine rest of the day. Other times it BSOD is when the computer is idle usually. I can't recall a time that is actually BSOD while I was gaming.

I researched hal.dll+18f8 and I found someone else here with same issue. His issue seemed to be resovled ever since he "changed the storage controller to standard".

I have two drivers showing up for my NVMe. They are "Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller" & "Samsung NVMe Controller". I do recall many months ago installed the Samsung as I heard it was "better". I tried to uninstall it today created a restore point first. When I uninstalled and windows did the restart it went into repair mode over and over. Since then I have used the restore point and here I am. The Microsoft storage driver does not have a uninstall option.

Here is mini dump on OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUC867WTsearyv_3zc6wesCu9pN?e=su2ym1

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Chad711, May 12, 2020
  2. TSX420J Win User
    TSX420J, May 12, 2020
  3. LogyBearRawr, May 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

Windows 10 - Interpreting two BSOD Crash Mini Dump Files

After reinstalling Windows 10 stable release over the Windows 10 Insider Preview OS I had two separate BSOD crashes. I ran them both through WinDbg and have links to the plain text of the Windbg !analyze -v outputs.

BSOD Error Mini-Dump File #1 (Think it's something to do with Broadcom Driver) - Solutions?

Win 10 Crash Mini-Dump Output#1

BSOD Error Mini-Dump File #2 (This one is FREAKING ME OUT because it's saying something about memory corruption?!) - Cause?/Hardware?/Software? - because maybe I installed Windows 10 on top
    of Windows 10 Insider (not a clean install)--- most importantly.... Solutions?!?

Win 10 Crash Mini-Dump File #2

Thank you all!

PeterNapoli, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

1. Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded - Similar Threads - BSOD hal dll+18f8

2. Mini Dump Analysis PLEASE!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mini Dump Analysis PLEASE!: Hello Microsoft Community, I have a DELL Laptop that is dumping... the mother board has been replaced a few times, but I don't want it replaced again if the motherboard and its components are not the issue. Wondering if someone could do a stack dump analysis for me ......
  3. Is there a setting to skip generating a mini dump when encountering a BSOD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a setting to skip generating a mini dump when encountering a BSOD?: I have a scenario that occasionally causes a BSOD. When that happens, it takes Windows some time to generate a dump, and I'm forced to wait and wait when I just want Windows to be back up and running again ASAP. Is there a setting to skip generating the mini dump, which in...
  4. Mini dump

Mini dump: Can anyone analyze my mini dumps and tell me what they mean here they are theres 3 of them https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7fz_7nVtBulGIWvCwznEGngvFS?e=Y2iN5R https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mini-dump/8e370380-ebcd-46e2-9086-6c0405902635
  5. Recurring BSOD with PC, any help to check mini-dump?

Recurring BSOD with PC, any help to check mini-dump?: Hi everyone, i've built a new PC few weeks ago: Ryzen 7 3700X stock, no OC/PBO ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING (tried 2801 & 2901 bioses) RTX 2060S TURBO stock, no OC/OC Scan 500gb Samsung NVME drive 1tb SSHD Firecuda/Seagate HDD 2TB W10 64 bit 16 GB 2x8 memory modules...
  6. BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE (mini dump and diognostic attached)

BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and DRIVER_POWERSTATE_FAILURE (mini dump and diognostic attached): Hello seeking some help with my windows 10. Has crashed lots of times with theses two errors. the drivers seem to be uptodate on device manager.
  7. BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached

BSOD Windows 10 Issues - Mini-Dump Attached: Hello, I've been getting BSOD since I updated some drivers. I'm not sure which driver though or if its really a driver problem or not. Here is a link to my mini-dump: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5a3goqf7bcvbean/Mini-Dump.zip/file I put all four mini dumps in there,...
  8. SSD watchdog violation, no mini dump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD watchdog violation, no mini dump: hello, i have been having alot of issues lately when i installed a new crucial 1tb ssd if i don't use windows for 5 mins or more the system crashes and gives me a DPC_watchdog_violation no additional info was giving and it doesn't make mini dumps (stays at 0% and reboots)...
  9. Windows=HAL ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows=HAL ?: I hope someone can help as Microsoft techs have been unsuccessful at solving this problem. It appears that Windows 10 (in my case) is protecting itself from being updated along with refusing to allow printers (that's plural) to be used. The problem started around 3 months...
  10. Windows bsod "IRQL not less or Equal" Windows 10 mini dump file

Windows bsod "IRQL not less or Equal" Windows 10 mini dump file: My computer has crashed a few times while playing various video games. The most recent crash I was able to get a mini dump file for it but I need help understanding what the problem could be. Thanks in advance! Crash Dump Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources,...