Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've been getting random BSOD lately. The most common BSOD pattern is on a cold start computer turned off overnight and then booted up in the morning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chad711, May 12, 2020.

1. Chad711 Win User

Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

I've been getting random BSOD lately. The most common BSOD pattern is on a cold start computer turned off overnight and then booted up in the morning as soon as I get to desktop it BSOD. After that it works fine rest of the day. Other times it BSOD is when the computer is idle usually. I can't recall a time that is actually BSOD while I was gaming.

I researched hal.dll+18f8 and I found someone else here with same issue. His issue seemed to be resovled ever since he "changed the storage controller to standard".

I have two drivers showing up for my NVMe. They are "Microsoft Storage Spaces Controller" & "Samsung NVMe Controller". I do recall many months ago installed the Samsung as I heard it was "better". I tried to uninstall it today created a restore point first. When I uninstalled and windows did the restart it went into repair mode over and over. Since then I have used the restore point and here I am. The Microsoft storage driver does not have a uninstall option.

Here is mini dump on OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoUC867WTsearyv_3zc6wesCu9pN?e=su2ym1

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Chad711, May 12, 2020
  2. TSX420J Win User
    TSX420J, May 12, 2020
  3. LogyBearRawr, May 12, 2020
  4. Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

Windows 10 - Interpreting two BSOD Crash Mini Dump Files

After reinstalling Windows 10 stable release over the Windows 10 Insider Preview OS I had two separate BSOD crashes. I ran them both through WinDbg and have links to the plain text of the Windbg !analyze -v outputs.

BSOD Error Mini-Dump File #1 (Think it's something to do with Broadcom Driver) - Solutions?

Win 10 Crash Mini-Dump Output#1

BSOD Error Mini-Dump File #2 (This one is FREAKING ME OUT because it's saying something about memory corruption?!) - Cause?/Hardware?/Software? - because maybe I installed Windows 10 on top
    of Windows 10 Insider (not a clean install)--- most importantly.... Solutions?!?

Win 10 Crash Mini-Dump File #2

Thank you all!

PeterNapoli, May 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded

1. Windows 10 BSOD - hal.dll+18f8 mini dump uploaded - Similar Threads - BSOD hal dll+18f8

2. Help with mini dumps and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with mini dumps and BSOD: Hi, I wondered if someone can look at my mini dumps here, and let me know what they pick up from them. I don't understand them myself.Since a windows update a few months ago I have been getting BSOD's. I have taken a lot of troubleshooting steps so far - these can be seen in...
  3. Help with mini dumps and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with mini dumps and BSOD: Hi, I wondered if someone can look at my mini dumps here, and let me know what they pick up from them. I don't understand them myself.Since a windows update a few months ago I have been getting BSOD's. I have taken a lot of troubleshooting steps so far - these can be seen in...
  4. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with mini dump file: Hey there. I'm having issues with BSOD happening quite a bit. I was able to get a mini dump file. Could someone help me translate the errors please? Thank you in advance.Here is a link to my mini dump file:...
  5. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with mini dump file: Hey there. I'm having issues with BSOD happening quite a bit. I was able to get a mini dump file. Could someone help me translate the errors please? Thank you in advance.Here is a link to my mini dump file:...
  6. BSOD with mini dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD with mini dump file: iam having a lot of bsod latelyhere is my minidump filei run sfc /scannowbut no corrupted files were foundhere is my dump file================================================== Filename : ntoskrnl.exe Address In Stack : ntoskrnl.exe+9b7abb From Address : fffff807`7a000000 To...
  7. BSOD with mini dump file

BSOD with mini dump file: iam having a lot of bsod latelyhere is my minidump filei run sfc /scannowbut no corrupted files were foundhere is my dump file================================================== Filename : ntoskrnl.exe Address In Stack : ntoskrnl.exe+9b7abb From Address : fffff807`7a000000 To...
  8. BSOD mini dump hidusb

BSOD mini dump hidusb: Hi, can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this error? For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff805`2bff90f0 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx ss:fffff805`31883c90=00000000000001330: kd> !analyze...
  9. mini dump and bsod

in Windows 10 Customization
    mini dump and bsod: Why am i not getting one minidump ! at system failure i have checked Write an event to the system log and Automatically restart. write debugging information Small memory dump 256 KB Small dump directory %SystemRoot%\MiniDump but still i am not getting one and I'm fricking...
  10. Seemingly Random BSOD on Windows 10 - hal+18f8 minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seemingly Random BSOD on Windows 10 - hal+18f8 minidump included: I have had a random BSOD that I believed to have fixed over a month ago but today it happened again out of the blue. I have included both the minidump from the BSOD that happened today and the one from over a month ago as they both appear to be incredibly similar. I believe...