Windows 10: Windows 10 BSOD - Help with diagnosing cause of crashes via minidumps

Discus and support Windows 10 BSOD - Help with diagnosing cause of crashes via minidumps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to diagnose Windows 10 BSODs that I encounter typically 3 to 4 times on a daily basis. This is for a work computer and it seems to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SuperSplash, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Help with diagnosing cause of crashes via minidumps

Hi,

I'm trying to diagnose Windows 10 BSODs that I encounter typically 3 to 4 times on a daily basis. This is for a work computer and it seems to BSOD during the course of normal daily activities (e.g. using Outlook for emails, browsing files in Windows Explorer or OneDrive, web access via Edge, Word / Excel etc.), however strangely enough it never BSODs whilst playing games (machine has an nVidia RTX2060 and can run pretty much anything without issue). I've uploaded a zip containing 4 recent minidumps and a MSInfo32 file at the link below for analysis:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S3rk1s_TsC9eWd7No_sQPKz628AlAGww/view?usp=sharing

Having tried to analyse the minidumps myself via BlueScreenView (the uploaded ones as well as previous ones), the most common culprits are consistently identified as being ntoskrnl.exe, hal.dll. However, from reading around I understand these to not be the real issue and the most typical cause tends to be third-party driver files. Can anyone please help advise what is causing the machine to crash and how to remedy?

Many thanks!

:)

SuperSplash, Aug 6, 2019

2. Windows 7 USBHUB.SYS causes memory corruption: system crashing, extremely difficult to diagnose

2017-10 Security Monthly Quality Rollup for Windows 7 (KB4041681)
    October 10, 2017—KB4041681 (Monthly Rollup)
    Microsoft released a "security" update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of update KB4038803 (released September 19, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
    • Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
    • Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with URL encoding in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
    • Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
    • Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
    Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4041681/windows-7-update-kb4041681

SomeOne99h, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Flickering screen at startup, crashes, and BSOD after instaling new GPU

Here are some that are close to the BSOD crash time but i dont think they have to do anything with the BSOD.

nootshack1312, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Windows 10 BSOD - Help with diagnosing cause of crashes via minidumps

Diagnosing Windows 10 WHEA Internal Error

I have recently configured
    a new server/workstation
    , but in Windows (and Linux), I experience frequent BSOD and freezing on Linux, on Windows 10, with the BSOD of
    WHEA_INTERNAL_ERROR.

Possible causes:

• Faulty xeon processor (I am using the ES (engineering sample) version of the xeon-e5-2630v4)
    • Faulty graphics card (GTX 780)
    • Incompatible graphics card driver
    • Faulty external sound card, via PCI: RME Fireface 400

Here are links to my system msinformation and

previous crash minidumps
    . I am hopeful someone here can help me diagnose the issue.

GigaGreenGadget, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 BSOD - Help with diagnosing cause of crashes via minidumps

1. Windows 10 BSOD - Help with diagnosing cause of crashes via minidumps - Similar Threads - BSOD Help diagnosing

2. Help Diagnose Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help Diagnose Crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nn_MTCQ3aH5I_y81XbV1YHBfsZQFzcNH/view?usp=share_link - dmp linkSo I had everything working a few days ago but in attempting to fix an issue with Valorant Vangaurd flagging Windows Sonic I did a Fresh install of windows using UEFI, updated all...
  3. Help Diagnose Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help Diagnose Crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nn_MTCQ3aH5I_y81XbV1YHBfsZQFzcNH/view?usp=share_link - dmp linkSo I had everything working a few days ago but in attempting to fix an issue with Valorant Vangaurd flagging Windows Sonic I did a Fresh install of windows using UEFI, updated all...
  4. Computer BSOD - Help Diagnosing With minidump and systeminfo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD - Help Diagnosing With minidump and systeminfo: My computer has been crashing lately. It just started recently and it's only happening while gaming. I updated my bios and system drivers but I'm still experiencing crashing. I followed the instructions on this driver verifier page....
  5. Computer BSOD - Help Diagnosing With minidump and systeminfo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer BSOD - Help Diagnosing With minidump and systeminfo: My computer has been crashing lately. It just started recently and it's only happening while gaming. I updated my bios and system drivers but I'm still experiencing crashing. I followed the instructions on this driver verifier page....
  6. Computer BSOD - Help Diagnosing With minidump and systeminfo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Please help me diagnosing the cause of random crashes in Windows 10

Please help me diagnosing the cause of random crashes in Windows 10: I'm having random crashes in Windows 10. In event viewer, I saw the following critical error after last crash:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010e 0x0000000000000017, 0xffffcd0c1d8e5000, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffc00002b6. A dump was...
  8. BSOD and crashes in-game (need help diagnosing MiniDump) Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD and crashes in-game (need help diagnosing MiniDump) Windows 10: submitted by /u/ZenMon88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i3tqdr/bsod_and_crashes_ingame_need_help_diagnosing/
  9. Please help me diagnose the cause of BSODs!!!

Please help me diagnose the cause of BSODs!!!: Intel I& 7700K Asus ROG STRIX Z270F GeForce RTX 2070 4x8 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz Samsung 860 EVO SSD (500gb and a 2TB) Windows 10 Pro I built the PC back in March and up until about a month ago it was working without issues hours on end. I'm not sure what has changed...
  10. BSOD, minidump and help with possible cause

BSOD, minidump and help with possible cause: Minidump I tried my best to get as much info out of this as possible, so far i have "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)" and "00000000c0000005" which means a memory access violation. I did a sfc, a memtest and such with no avail, but it does throw out "DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aug 15 2019 outlook causing bsod